Tornado warning issued for parts of WNC

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A tornado warning has been issued for southern Buncombe County, southeastern Haywood County, northwestern Henderson County and north central Transylvania County until 10:45 a.m. Just after 10 a.m., a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was reported near Sunburst east of Waynesville and moving east at 30 mph.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 62 of62
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Christian Clemens

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

And by the way.... why was I running. For the one complaining about the Texas people and their kids. I didn't have no cable or satelite at the time. My neighbors didn't even come and tell me what was going on! My parents and my brother called me on my cell phone. If that helps any of you. My husband wasn't even here. I can't have kids and 80% of my hearing is gone from chemo therapy. I can't hear phone's or tornado alarms. I loaded up all my dogs. No way I was leaving them here! When my husband got home right before that tornado hit he hade plans to stay here. So in other words he is a dead man walking also. Weather forecast isn't as perfect as it may seem either! And tornado's can't bounce back and forth like my friend has been taught that lives up their in Candler, NC!!! No matter what mountain it is between! Today is February 28, 2011. Kansas got hit real bad like we did 2 years ago. I remember that night like yesterday. My husband came back and said the house was gone. I was still right up the road in the same spot where I was yanked off the road. I said no, no, no. I couldn't belive it! I finally had too go look myself. It was all gone. You know that night will never be forgotten like the OKCity bombing or 911. Why do so many people get stuck or in trouble? A lot of people don't have no place too go or are too late. Some are intranced by the beauty and the awe of it. They where 3 funnel clouds just about 2 miles south of my home and it was something too just stop and look at it. It was like wow. You could't move. Well everyone has rebuilt out here except one. My husband is having a cellar put in when he gets his taxes back this year so things are looking better. Oh believe the storms scare the crap out of me like always. But my trust in Jesus still remains! He is my rock and will always will be. Watch those storms. For those at home if something bad does happen get in those basements like we have too get in cellars and stay away from windows. Carry a radio that works on batteries so u will know what is going on. Christian Ann Clemens.
ray

Mars Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

KES wrote:
Morons...
I guess no one here has ever seen a thunderstorm?????
We send children outdoors to play in Texas with weather like this.
Pretty sad commentary on sensibility here...
Seriously, go back to Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 62 of62
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••