National Mosquito Control Awareness Week
Posted in the Buncombe County Forum
#1 Jun 11, 2013
MOSQUITOES ON HIGH ALERT:
National Mosquito Control Awareness Week Brings Mosquitoes to Forefront
What You Need to Know to Keep Safe and Enjoy Outdoor Living
Our extreme and warm weather conditions are creating a perfect storm for a bumper crop of mosquitoes and potentially dangerous West Nile this season. June 23-29 is “National Mosquito Control Awareness Week,” sponsored by the American Mosquito Control Association, designed to alerting us to what we can do to protect ourselves when outdoors this summer.
Whether from the unseasonably stormy start of summer and wet conditions, mosquitoes are already out in full force and several parts of the country have tested positive for the West Nile Virus (WNV), which is carried by mosquitoes. Recently released statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that a total of 5,674 cases of WNV disease in people, including 286 deaths, were reported to CDC in 2012.
While we can’t control that mosquitoes are going to be outside, we can help control how we can keep them away from our outdoor living spaces. Here are 5 things you can do:
1. TIP. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include gutters, flat roofs and low lying ground under decks and porches.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards. Lawn debris can create places for water to accumulate.
3. TURN. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment and grills aren’t taut, they’re holding water. Remember to shake out tarps immediately following a rain storm.
5. TREAT. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
For more information about what you can do and tips, visit, www.mosquitosquad.com
445 Old Haw Creek Rd.
Asheville, North Carolina 28805
(828) 575 – 9088
Note from owner:
Mosquito Squad offers a barrier spray that kills mosquitoes. Our consultation is completely free. Fill out the form to the right and we will give you a call. Or, give us a call using our number above. We look forward to speaking with you.
Our licensed technicians offer several treatment options includingBarrier Spray and All Natural Spray programs, Special Event sprays, and Misting Systems to meet your mosquito elimination needs.
Areas we cover:
Alexander, Arden, Asheville, Assembly, Barnardsville, Biltmore Forest, Biltmore Frst, Biltmore Lake, Black Mountain, Black Mtn, Bluff, Burnsville, Candler, Canton, Carolina Hills, Cedar Mountain, Cedar Mtn, Clyde, E Flat Rock, East Flat Rock, Etowah, Fairview, Flat Rock, Fletcher, Gerton, Hendersonville, Hendersonvlle, Horse Shoe, Hot Springs, Joe, Lake Junaluska, Lake Lure, Laurel Park, Leicester, Lk Junaluska, Luck, Mars Hill, Marshall, Mills River, Oak Park, Old Fort, Paint Rock, Penrose, Pisgah Forest, Royal Pines, Spring Creek, Swannanoa, Trust, Waynesville, Weaverville, West Ashville, West Haven, Woodfin, Zirconia
About Mosquito Squad
With more than 120 franchise locations nationwide, Mosquito Squad specializes in eliminating mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor living spaces, allowing Americans to enjoy their yards, outdoor living spaces, special events and green spaces. Mosquito Squad, an Outdoor Living Brands company, was certified as a World Class Franchise by the Franchise Research Institute in 2012, 2011, and 2010 and was rated one of the Top 50 Franchises by Franchise Business Review, receiving their 2012, 2011 and 2010 Franchisee Satisfaction Award.
Add your comments below
|Local economies in shambles as North Carolina p...||10 hr||BicPen||1|
|DSS/CPS Corruption (Sep '11)||23 hr||Dawn1778||4|
|Understanding Asheville city and county-wide sc...||Jun '17||FutureECTecher||1|
|fire and iron mc (Dec '12)||Apr '17||steve||39|
|Police: Texas man wrote worthless check of $775... (Apr '12)||Feb '17||Curious coloradoan||15|
|Dicos Background Check (Nov '16)||Nov '16||Larry||2|
|Crime 33 mins ago 4:23 p.m.Blount Co. deputy fa... (Oct '16)||Oct '16||Fox Watson||1|
Find what you want!
Search Buncombe County Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC