230 Marijuana Plants Seized after Flyover

Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of marijuana has been confiscated in Buckingham County. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What are you doing

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Aug 27, 2009
"The Buckingham County Sheriff's Office, state police, Department of Game and Inland fisheries and the National Guard all took part in a flyover Wednesday to find marijuana growers."

Sweet bajebbers how much did that cost??? For a stinking weed? Don't you have some meth heads to go after? What about some alcoholic wife beaters? You've got every cop around here pulling up weeds. Get your priorities straight! Yeah, it's against the law. But, so are all these illegals around here. Why don't you take your helicopter and pull up some of those weeds and send 'em back? I understand the law is the law but you keep hitting the easy stuff to get and let tons of illegals walk around like nobody's business...why? Is it too hard to send someone back home that isn't suppose to be here? What a waste of law enforcement effort! Pulling up weeds. Are you sure you're getting marijuana and not left over hemp from the war? Well, keep it up. You're not going to have the money to fly over much more. China wants our government to quit spending so much. And we're borrowing money from China to do this stupid waste of funds. Well, is your prohibition working?
RUKIDDINGME

Farmville, VA

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Buckingham County has a whole lot more problems than some pot plants. Hope everyone is happy about Billy the Kid being the sheriff. Ask people in the Glenmore area how safe they feel. Talk to the residents of the county about all the breakins - some occuring while people are still in their homes. This county is going in some serious trouble - and you have your county officials to thank for that!
Realist

Bassett, VA

#5 Aug 27, 2009
How mch of my tax dollars went towards jet fuel to find pot?
Bubba the Original

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 27, 2009
Redneck_Italian wrote:
nah there so much to go around that this isn't even a drop in the bucket
Well how about telling us where your's are? You seem to know so much!

Since: Aug 09

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2009
you all sicken me. most kids start with pot, maybe you think it was a waste of time, but i am very thankful for the man hours to get it off the streets.as for the break ins in glenmore, they caught the last suspect.
IMHO

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 27, 2009
I must agree that pot is the very least of the illegal problems we have. This really is a total waste of taxpayer dollars.
bla bla bla

Yale, VA

#9 Aug 27, 2009
here is for the narrow minded people!! when your family members and teens turn out to be dopers dont start complaining about the marijuana problems. wake up folks and quit token. Thank you BCSO for doing what you do
p mack

United States

#12 Aug 27, 2009
marijuana is not a bad drug it is legal in some states, it is used for medical reasons, they should legalize it every where, wonder how much did the cops keep for their selfs
Buck

Farmville, VA

#14 Aug 28, 2009
p mack wrote:
marijuana is not a bad drug it is legal in some states, it is used for medical reasons, they should legalize it every where, wonder how much did the cops keep for their selfs
Then go get a script!!!! and keep Virginia clean
Buck

Farmville, VA

#15 Aug 28, 2009
IMHO wrote:
I must agree that pot is the very least of the illegal problems we have. This really is a total waste of taxpayer dollars.
And I guess when the growers start bragging about how police never caught them as they drive down the road hauling their dope they just cut from the patch , we would have a lot of people with your same opinion to thank for that
Realist

Bassett, VA

#18 Aug 28, 2009
What sickens me is that you are one of those "gateway drug" morons. Do you know how many of your colleauges, legislators, PRESIDENTS, SENATORS, etc have smoked pot? Will you be at the White House next week trying to kick out Obama b/c he has smoked? Go talk to a terminal cancer patient who is using it for their pain...they'd rather have a joint than chemo...You need to put things in perspective and stop hanging on to an argument that was founded before this country became overwhelmed with REAL DRUGS like crack, cocaine, heroin, and meth. Let me ask you this...how many prescription drugs do you have in your home? Since you're so out of touch, I'll inform you that the largest substance abuse among teens these days are from Mom and Dad's medicine cabinet
wanna say something wrote:
you all sicken me. most kids start with pot, maybe you think it was a waste of time, but i am very thankful for the man hours to get it off the streets.as for the break ins in glenmore, they caught the last suspect.
Well

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Aug 28, 2009
Eventhough your comment is off topic, I'd like to address it. If LAZY Americans would get off their butts and get a job...the illegals wouldn't have so much work to do when they get here. When was the last time you saw an American person doing manual labor in the fields? Seems we all want the fluff/office jobs and nobody wants to do REAL WORK. Did these plants belong to an 'illegal'? Probabaly not. Probably some lazy, jobless American....
What are you doing wrote:
"The Buckingham County Sheriff's Office, state police, Department of Game and Inland fisheries and the National Guard all took part in a flyover Wednesday to find marijuana growers."
Sweet bajebbers how much did that cost??? For a stinking weed? Don't you have some meth heads to go after? What about some alcoholic wife beaters? You've got every cop around here pulling up weeds. Get your priorities straight! Yeah, it's against the law. But, so are all these illegals around here. Why don't you take your helicopter and pull up some of those weeds and send 'em back? I understand the law is the law but you keep hitting the easy stuff to get and let tons of illegals walk around like nobody's business...why? Is it too hard to send someone back home that isn't suppose to be here? What a waste of law enforcement effort! Pulling up weeds. Are you sure you're getting marijuana and not left over hemp from the war? Well, keep it up. You're not going to have the money to fly over much more. China wants our government to quit spending so much. And we're borrowing money from China to do this stupid waste of funds. Well, is your prohibition working?
RUKIDDINGME

Farmville, VA

#22 Aug 28, 2009
wanna say something wrote:
So they caught the last suspect - what about the others? Some people have had their homes broken into more than once - that should make you feel real secure. I realize the pot plants need to go - but let's face it - our courthouse officials aren't going to do anything about it. It will be a simple plea bargain - money will change hands - and they will be back on the streets immediately (if they ever left). This problem is so much more than pot plants - our officials (all of them) are crooked. WE NEED 20/20 or someone to do a show on our corrupt little town to expose what really goes on here.
ticked off

Richmond, VA

#23 Aug 28, 2009
You keep mentioning Glenmore. What about the people out next to Andersonville who got broke into. Did anybody catch those people or person. The crooks stole my childrens piggy bank money and their lunch money, along with other personal things. We have not heard not so much as a suspect being looked into. I agree that the pot could cause problems in the future. But since you put forth such an effort to find the pot why did you not put forth such an effort to catch the thieves that broke both my doors and left my family feeling so violated. I can't help but feel that the whole pot thing was just to make the sheriffs department look like they are doing something. To take the minds of the ones who have no closure to their break ins off of that fact. NO CLOSURE. I used to feel safe enough in my neck of the woods to leave my windows open and doors unlocked while I was away. Now I keep everything locked up tight. I had not locked my house or closed my windows in the 20 years I have lived on my own. Know I am up two times a night checking windows to my childrens room and locks on doors. I am happy that you found some pot. I am very upset with the fact that you could not find the thieves.
RUKIDDINGME

Farmville, VA

#24 Aug 28, 2009
I figure that the reason the Sheriff's office did this raid was because the pockets are bare. Just sit through a BOS meeting and you will see that it is only August and they have practically used all their money for the year (which they get in July). How - not quite sure since they have an extremely small force down from 19 to 7 or 8 now - thanks to Mr. Kidd and his croanies! Those guys could not possibly cover all the territory on their own. Andersonville I feel for you and all of the others that have been robbed and will be robbed. All I can tell you is two things - you'd better protect yourself because there is no one else to do it and secondly, remember this when election time comes and Billy Kidd wants to be re-elected.
IMHO

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Aug 28, 2009
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
And I guess when the growers start bragging about how police never caught them as they drive down the road hauling their dope they just cut from the patch , we would have a lot of people with your same opinion to thank for that
I would rather be on the road with forty people who just smoked a joint than one drunk driver. Nobody goes to jail for beating their wives or children because they're high; nobody calls in sick because they smoked dope the night before. Alcohol is the more evil poison...but it's legal...why? because so many of the lawmakers and big money people drink it. Try to keep an open mind, okay?
bla bla bla

Yale, VA

#26 Aug 28, 2009
Its all bad and it all needs to be stop. Its time for Americans to stand up and take back thier communities and quit blaming and start helping. sometimes we all get caught up in bickering back and forth but it does not solve a thing. I believe we should stop being critical of our law enforcement because Im sure they are doing all they can do for us even though its fustrating from time to time. unappreciated, overworked, understaffed, and underpaid, Im sure they like coming to work!!!
IMHO

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Aug 28, 2009
FYI - most people are unappreciated, overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Stop Complaining

Yale, VA

#29 Sep 2, 2009
And once you find out that the local pot dealers are getting into the schools and you find out that your kids are now smoking pot you will be blaming the sheriff's office for not doing anything about the drugs on the street. Guess what, it was not only done in Buckingham County, they also did fly overs in other counties, it just so happened that the deputies in this county were able to find more, that's why it made the news. Kudos to the deputies who found the plants, I for one dont feel like our tax money is going to waste when we get criminals off of the street, no matter what crime is being committed. Isn't that the point of our justice system?
Energymatt

AOL

#31 Sep 2, 2009
Great, schools closing, tuition hikes, cutbacks in all social services, families being disrupted through housing loss, loss of jobs...

and cops, brag about spending taxpayers money catching marijuana growers, while violent criminals are at large, what about cutting back these cops funding to match the suffering being handed out to everyone else??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lies Dec 15 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
Youth Unemployment Rate High Despite National N... (May '13) May '13 Old Hare 1
Christopher Dumler UVA Law Grand and Sex Offend... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Virginia Pollack 1
More from around the web