Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned

Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Buckingham County toddler is lucky to be alive after she was set on fire last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
true

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Jun 3, 2010
mother of two wrote:
Kayla-you are a precious angel. I know God will keep watch over you as you go through surgery & recovery. You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. The doctors & nurses at the UVA burn center are wonderful-you couldn't be left in better hands.
amen
praying for Kayla

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jun 3, 2010
dog_nurse wrote:
An 8 year old with a lighter AND antifreeze AND open and use them AND being unsupervised long enough to pour it on the girl is in now way, shape or form an accident. It is pure negligence on the adults part. Parent or not, sibling or not-who cares. Whomever house she was at and care she was under needs to face justice and the 8 year old needs professional help AND his butt beat AND then the same thing done to him "accidentally" of course.
I hope you are no way,shape or form of a nurse..........
Tired of the bullcrap

Palmyra, VA

#24 Jun 3, 2010
true wrote:
<quoted text>
ok who the hell lets a 8 year old be that unsupervised that they get a lighter?
What is wrong with you people 29 news needs to shut the comments down. I have 3 boys and I do supervise them but sometime one slips by. No one is the perfect parent and as much as I wish I could I can not prevent every accident. These parents are beside themselves with grief and you want to critisize them. If you can't support the family them keep you ugly thoughts to yourself.

“Politically Incorrect since 71”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#27 Jun 4, 2010
Tired of the bullcrap wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you people 29 news needs to shut the comments down. I have 3 boys and I do supervise them but sometime one slips by. No one is the perfect parent and as much as I wish I could I can not prevent every accident. These parents are beside themselves with grief and you want to critisize them. If you can't support the family them keep you ugly thoughts to yourself.
I agree completely. The lack of humanity and compassion of some people is absolutely disgusting.
mother of 3

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Jun 4, 2010
a lil boy that is 8 years old should know better...my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
cbunny

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Jun 4, 2010
mother of two wrote:
Kayla-you are a precious angel. I know God will keep watch over you as you go through surgery & recovery. You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. The doctors & nurses at the UVA burn center are wonderful-you couldn't be left in better hands.
I know. For traumas of this type you cannot beat UVa. The doctors are incredibly skilled, and the nurses are just tops.
practically speaking

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Jun 4, 2010
dog_nurse wrote:
An 8 year old with a lighter AND antifreeze AND open and use them AND being unsupervised long enough to pour it on the girl is in now way, shape or form an accident. It is pure negligence on the adults part. Parent or not, sibling or not-who cares. Whomever house she was at and care she was under needs to face justice and the 8 year old needs professional help AND his butt beat AND then the same thing done to him "accidentally" of course.
OMG. Are you really that vindictive?
Bengalandi

Waynesboro, VA

#33 Jun 4, 2010
Someone in the family-Thank you for the update and I hope you will continue to post and let us know of Kayla's progress. Many thoughts and prayers are with little Kayla, you and her family during this most difficult time. As for the other part of your post, I hope that justice will be served, regardless as to who and where it leads
ReeRee

Waynesboro, VA

#34 Jun 4, 2010
Kayla you and your family are in my prayers. I am a mother of two precious boys and if something like this would happen I would be DEVASTATED! May God bless you and heal yours and your family pain. I am also praying for the eight year old he is still a child. God Bless!
Someone in the Family

Lynchburg, VA

#35 Jun 4, 2010
I do plan on posting updates as they occur. They did manage to get her eyes open and the doctor's say they look fine, they hadn't been able to tell before because they have been swollen shut since this happened. Its very good news to hear because they weren't sure if her eyes had been damaged while she was on fire or not. SO when they do bring her out of sedation she will be able to see. I only hope she doesn't have access to a mirror any time soon, I know if I was 3 and looked in the mirror to see the damage she has taken, I would be in tears, I think anybody would. I really hope the doctor's consider that..

Also I don't think any of the news stations mentioned the fact that Tuesday, even as sedated as she is, she shot up in her bed and tried to hug Rob (Her daddy), he had been talking to her and somehow she woke up enough to try to do so. He was so upset because he couldn't even touch her because of the condition her skin was in.

That is another thing that shows about Kayla :) She is a tough cookie, and just stubborn enough to keep this from being all people know her for. A Facebook group was started For her recovery: http://www.facebook.com/home.php ?#!/pages/Pray-For-Kayla-Bug3/ 130868633592970?ref=ts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food lion (Dec '14) Dec '14 Glenn miller 2
lies (Dec '14) Dec '14 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
News New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
News First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
News Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
News Youth Unemployment Rate High Despite National N... (May '13) May '13 Old Hare 1
More from around the web