Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned

Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Buckingham County Toddler Badly Burned. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Buckingham County toddler is lucky to be alive after she was set on fire last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CLR

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 3, 2010
God Bless you Kayla-get better soon !!
april

Wirtz, VA

#2 Jun 3, 2010
i thank the parents need to be charge with it cause they should put that stuff up were kids cant get it and some one should of been watch them
Praying

Richmond, VA

#3 Jun 3, 2010
And why was an 8 year old playing with antifreeze and a lighter... or even near the two? Wow. Great supervision.

“Politically Incorrect since 71”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 3, 2010
What a horrible tragedy. The parents must be devastated. My little boy is 3, and I know if something like this happened to him, I would be beside myself. Prayers to the family- may the surgery be successful and may this beautiful little angel get to go home soon to her family.
Albemarle Mom

Arlington, TX

#5 Jun 3, 2010
Little Miss Kayla may God keep his loving arms around you during your recovery. Bless your heart sweet baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Concerned

United States

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Crikey there are some mean folk here. By the time a kid is eight, they can reach anything and get into anything.

Didn't you read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn? Boys have always played with matches and lighters. Why do folk think we can somehow take away that natural inquisitiveness, and that if we could it would be a good idea to do so?

Too many lawyer adverts on TV have folk convinced that there's no such thing as an accident and there's always someone to blame.

I can't imagine the pain the parents are feeling right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to them

“Politically Incorrect since 71”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Crikey there are some mean folk here. By the time a kid is eight, they can reach anything and get into anything.
Didn't you read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn? Boys have always played with matches and lighters. Why do folk think we can somehow take away that natural inquisitiveness, and that if we could it would be a good idea to do so?
Too many lawyer adverts on TV have folk convinced that there's no such thing as an accident and there's always someone to blame.
I can't imagine the pain the parents are feeling right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to them
I agree, this is not the time for the blame game. The parents I'm sure are suffering enough right now. Plus, it didn't say that the boy was her brother or that the parents were even present. People, please keep positive thoughts on this only, support and caring are what these folks need right now.
cbunny

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 3, 2010
Praying for her. I do have to ask, as others did -- where the adult supervision was? Things of this nature (poisons, matches, lighters, etc.) should be hidden securely away if children are around.
jcoberly1

United States

#9 Jun 3, 2010
Aww, this sweet baby! Bless her little heart. May God bring a fast recovery to this precious little girl.
granmdmax4

Fieldale, VA

#10 Jun 3, 2010
I am heart broken....God be with this lil girl.Wrap your arms and strength around her and her family.Praying for this lil girl and her family.God Bless.
Thinking Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jun 3, 2010
That poor precious little child is now scared for life due to another child's alleged very, very bad decision.
Now - Just try to call this an accident !
concerned mom

United States

#12 Jun 3, 2010
She and her family are in my prayers. I am also praying for the little 8 year old. If it was an accident then he needs all the support he can get. If it wasn't and accident then he needs a world of help. God bless this family and keep them all in your loving arms. Amen
The Morris Family

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 3, 2010
My family will keep you all in our prayer. Stay strong for Kayla. As a mother I cannot imagine what you are going through, but as a CHRISTIAN I KNOW THAT THE LORD IS AMAZING! Keep faith and depend on him.
Bengalandi

Waynesboro, VA

#14 Jun 3, 2010
I hope beautiful little Kayla recovers and can be home soon.I believe that the UVA doctors, nurses and staff will have a special compassion for Kayla and do everything possible to help her both physically and mentally. How could you not fall in love with this child while helping her get through this tragedy The pain that the grandparents are suffering is unimaginable. In hindsight, they are probably blaming themselves and thinking, if I had only done this or that, it would not have happened. They do not need to be blamed for anything. My heart goes out to them and all her family.
true

Stuart, VA

#15 Jun 3, 2010
april wrote:
i thank the parents need to be charge with it cause they should put that stuff up were kids cant get it and some one should of been watch them
ok who the hell lets a 8 year old be that unsupervised that they get a lighter?
Bengalandi

Waynesboro, VA

#16 Jun 3, 2010
Thinking Truth wrote:
That poor precious little child is now scared for life due to another child's alleged very, very bad decision.
Now - Just try to call this an accident !
Since we do not know the rest of the story, I believe that comments such as yours should be reserved until we do know. If we learn later that it was not accidental, your comments would be more approiate then.
dog_nurse

Staunton, VA

#17 Jun 3, 2010
An 8 year old with a lighter AND antifreeze AND open and use them AND being unsupervised long enough to pour it on the girl is in now way, shape or form an accident. It is pure negligence on the adults part. Parent or not, sibling or not-who cares. Whomever house she was at and care she was under needs to face justice and the 8 year old needs professional help AND his butt beat AND then the same thing done to him "accidentally" of course.
michelle hoffman

Eight Mile, AL

#19 Jun 3, 2010
good bless this beautiful little girl i hope she does okay i have a eight year old daughter and we always put things away so she can not get to them
Concerned Lady

Pulaski, VA

#20 Jun 3, 2010
I have all involved in my prayers. I can not imagine something like this happening to anyone I love, It has to be a terrible burden on these families. I pray for a speedy recovery. May God give each one comfort during this time. Especially this precious baby.
mother of two

United States

#21 Jun 3, 2010
Kayla-you are a precious angel. I know God will keep watch over you as you go through surgery & recovery. You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. The doctors & nurses at the UVA burn center are wonderful-you couldn't be left in better hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new sheriff (Oct '15) Oct '15 Wondering 1
Food lion (Dec '14) Dec '14 Glenn miller 2
lies (Dec '14) Dec '14 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
News New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
News First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
News Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
More from around the web