Alleged Stabbing Revealed to Be Hoax

Alleged Stabbing Revealed to Be Hoax

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Alleged Stabbing Revealed to Be Hoax. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Police say an alleged stabbing in Buckingham County last week was a hoax. Apparently the woman, who told police a so-called salesperson stabbed her, actually stabbed herself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Sanderson

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 11, 2009
This revealing story should now reduce the number of people in the area who want to shoot or arrest all door to door salespeople on the spot. Many of them are legitimate folks trying to work the only way they can.
We should all still be careful who we let into our homes though.
Bonnie

Richmond, VA

#2 Feb 11, 2009
So, what did she think she was going to gain by telling this story - she should be charged!!!
Hoo Fan

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 11, 2009
Just what we need, an idiot wasting our resources. Just goes to prove you never know the whole truth when a report is released initially.
alexis

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 11, 2009
this lady has had everybody scared of a sales person knocking on the door, you stupid old hag, i hope they charge you big time!!
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 11, 2009
The story of this type of thing, although without the violence, has been making the rounds on the internet. Whether there is validity to any of it who knows? More than likely this woman was needing attention of some sort and probably has some psychological issues. It is one reason I tend to be an internet skeptic. Hope she gets help.
Scared

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 11, 2009
This is seriously SICK, in this bad economy and the people trying to sell something to make a living its horrible for them.
Leigh Ann

Dillwyn, VA

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Let's still be aware that this has happened, not the stabbing part. My sister-in-law had a unwelcomed visitor, trying to sell something, who was ran away by the rottweiller. Although this was untrue, let's still be careful.
whatdoyoudo

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 11, 2009
John Sanderson wrote:
This revealing story should now reduce the number of people in the area who want to shoot or arrest all door to door salespeople on the spot. Many of them are legitimate folks trying to work the only way they can.
We should all still be careful who we let into our homes though.
Don't want to shoot or arrest ANYONE--just don't want them at my door uninvited PERIOD!!

Since: Jan 09

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 11, 2009
whatdoyoudo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to shoot or arrest ANYONE--just don't want them at my door uninvited PERIOD!!
You could always place all sorts of obnoxious "No Soliciting" or "No Tresspassing" signs in your yard, but be careful or you will end up looking like some sort of eccentric whack job. And that isn't going to necessarily make it a crime for someone to come to your door either; otherwise the mailman, the UPS guy, the gas man, assorted Jehovah's Witness types etc. would all be locked up. The bottom line is that we live in a free society. Door to door selling is not inherently evil; it's a business, it's sales, people make their living doing it - just like people make their living in telemarketing. I really don't understand why people freak out about it. Just say "No thanks!" What harm has been done?
ray dorkin

Daleville, VA

#11 Feb 11, 2009
and you guys wanted to shoot sales people huh, it sounds like a good old fashioned witch hunt to me!!! god bless
Mad as hell

Christiansburg, VA

#12 Feb 11, 2009
Ok so we heard and suspected that the woman had possible done this to herself and blamed the salespeople. But you know what no one has dared say here in this forum? NBC29 is the one who in the beginning hunted, tried, and convicted the salespeople. Think about it. The title to the story was, "Salespeople Stab Buckingham Woman", not allegedly, just that they "do". That's not good journalism, that's already convicting someone and what did that do but stir up the anger and fear in every one of us. And they printed the tag number and vehicle description that someone--not the sheriff--gave them of one of the legimate salespeople that had been in the area the day of the alleged stabbing! Now can you imagine how that has effected those poor people and their ability to do business. I think NBC29 has some fences to mend and some explaining to do! This borders on dangerous journalism!

“Going Broke In Albemarle”

Since: Jan 09

C-ville

#13 Feb 11, 2009
Mad as hell wrote:
This borders on dangerous journalism!
I am afraid there is no such thing as journalism anymore, just sensationalism. Imagine a story about a man who was blown into the side of his house by a wind gust while roller skating - headline: "Global warming crisis hits close to home for one area man...."
How many stories do they report and never, and I mean never, follow up on? Way too many! If it didn't happen on Market Street, it must not be important. As Norm Sprouse says...."It's all subject to change...."
Kay

Henry, VA

#14 Feb 11, 2009
This lady is wasting our tax dollars!! She should be made to pay all the expenses that was involved in this case. Even down to the wages of the salesmen that came to her house. What did she gain? Other than pain from stabing herself? Did she think she might be able to sue someone later and lived happily ever after? This just infuriates me to no end. I hope the judge throws the book at her!!!
Mad as hell

Christiansburg, VA

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Well, I hope the salespeople who's tag number and vehicle description were put out there on the news and not retracted by nbc29 sues her and the news station for slander or something. I'm just tired of them thinking they can just say whatever they want about anybody and it's ok!
So tired in Ch_ville

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Feb 11, 2009
This lady should be very ashamed of herself. This story scared a lot of people. I for one added an extra lock on my door and have even contemplated on purchasing a gun. Some kind of charges should be brought against her. She must have some mental issues so I hope she gets the help she needs.
Madea

Richmond, VA

#17 Feb 11, 2009
Poor thing, didn't get enough attention when she was a child.
Cupid

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Feb 11, 2009
Put her in the gas chamber!
RayRay

Warrenton, VA

#19 Feb 11, 2009
I wonder if she smokes.
NBC29 gotitwrong

Montvale, VA

#20 Feb 11, 2009
Keep in mind how NBC29 seems to promote the practice of irresponsible journalism. See how they reported this story just a few days ago. I find it interesting how the reporter was so certain that the "salespeople" committed the crime.
D zero thirty nine

Yale, VA

#21 Feb 11, 2009
It's funny alot of you commented on NBC29 retracting their statements and story, but yet in the initial story's blog many of you said it was the lazy ass deputies fault that are employed by Buckingham Co Sheriff's Office...Once again those who judge will be judged! I wonder, if the dept is so lazy then who solved the investigation; maybe the teenagers riding through Dillwyn in uniforms! You all SHOULD feel a bit silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food lion (Dec '14) Dec '14 Glenn miller 2
lies (Dec '14) Dec '14 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
News New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
News First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
News Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
News Youth Unemployment Rate High Despite National N... (May '13) May '13 Old Hare 1
More from around the web