neighborhood safety
Kathy

Richmond, VA

#1 Jun 2, 2011
I am looking for any info. regarding the safety in the neighborhood of Gough Town Rd. Scottsville in Buckingham Co. We just bought a house and our daughter and grandchildren will be living there. Is it a safe area? Please if anyone knows or has heard anything let me know quickly.
Thank you.
Concerned citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 8, 2011
Kathy - Goughtown Road has a long-standing history of drug activity, and serves as a home base for gang and criminal activity - folks who make a habit of breaking & entering, and stealing from hardworking neighbors. Not everyone on Goughtown Road is a criminal, but there is certainly a large contingent of that sort along that stretch of road. If you want to corroborate, just check with the Sheriff's office, and find out the number of calls they answer yearly along that road. That said, there are many, many good people in that part of the county, and some really nice communities where folks truly care about their neighbors.
Kathy wrote:
I am looking for any info. regarding the safety in the neighborhood of Gough Town Rd. Scottsville in Buckingham Co. We just bought a house and our daughter and grandchildren will be living there. Is it a safe area? Please if anyone knows or has heard anything let me know quickly.
Thank you.
Kathy

Richmond, VA

#3 Jun 10, 2011
Concerned citizen wrote:
Kathy - Goughtown Road has a long-standing history of drug activity, and serves as a home base for gang and criminal activity - folks who make a habit of breaking & entering, and stealing from hardworking neighbors. Not everyone on Goughtown Road is a criminal, but there is certainly a large contingent of that sort along that stretch of road. If you want to corroborate, just check with the Sheriff's office, and find out the number of calls they answer yearly along that road. That said, there are many, many good people in that part of the county, and some really nice communities where folks truly care about their neighbors.
<quoted text>
Where would I find out more, like arrests, crime reports? What is the news source around there, because I have not heard much about Buckingham Co. Thank you so much for your response to my inquiry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new sheriff (Oct '15) Oct '15 Wondering 1
Food lion (Dec '14) Dec '14 Glenn miller 2
lies (Dec '14) Dec '14 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
News New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
News First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
News Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
More from around the web