Police Make Drug Bust in Greene & Buckingham - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and We...

Police officers made a major drug bust in Greene and Buckingham counties overnight. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 9, 2011
From Channel 19 --- "It's a very large quantity," said Lt. Donald Campbell with the JADE Task Force. "We fell like he was supplying quite a few people in our jurisdiction with cocaine and marijuana and the bust will definitely make a dent for a while."

I sure hope Lt. Campbell doesn't honestly believe this foolishness. To put it in very simple terms that anybody can understand, K-Mart will be making more sales and realzing more profit while Walmart is temporarily closed and reorganizing. The demand is still there and more will be brought in by other drug dealers in a minute's notice.
WHAT

Ruckersville, VA

#2 Dec 9, 2011
History Lesson.....If my memory serves me correct... I think you posted a comment on a previous story that you are a retired Police officer.... Am I correct ?
aerg qrthty uj

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 9, 2011
That's a lot of weed man!
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 9, 2011
"We felt it was a success because we got somebody off the street who had been convicted earlier of the same charge"
and they will feel successful when they do it all over again
take that

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Dec 9, 2011
The proverbial drop in the bucket. You'll notice the bags are not compressed so your not looking at a lot of weed. But I'm sure the cops got their rocks of thinking they made a huge dent in the market. The only dent is in their collective minds.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Dec 9, 2011
Since space is not at a premium online like it is on TV, could you cub reporters/editors please give more specific information about where in the two counties these stupendous events occurred?

RIP: Tiny Tim
Inquiring Mind

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 9, 2011
Liberalace wrote:
Since space is not at a premium online like it is on TV, could you cub reporters/editors please give more specific information about where in the two counties these stupendous events occurred?
RIP: Tiny Tim
It was in the illicit substances aisle at Food Lion.
looking

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Dec 9, 2011
What a shame someone goes to jail , Guess its a lot no dought !
Shoot i wish i had some !
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 9, 2011
BTW, this isn't same Paul Williams who played the paunchy little twirp in the 1970s movie "Cannonball Run" opposite the great Burt Reynolds and the mediocre Jackie Gleason, is it? He was also a singer/songwriter.
I hope he has not stooped to dealing wacky tobaccy.

RIP: Benny Hill

Since: Nov 08

Raleigh, NC

#10 Dec 9, 2011
take that wrote:
The proverbial drop in the bucket. You'll notice the bags are not compressed so your not looking at a lot of weed. But I'm sure the cops got their rocks of thinking they made a huge dent in the market. The only dent is in their collective minds.
Don't be angry just because the price of your weed is going to go up for a week until someone else steps up. Compressed or not, 200 lbs is a decent amount of weed, at least more than one person can smoke up before it gets skunky. Puff puff pass 'take that'.
sam

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 9, 2011
cville native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be angry just because the price of your weed is going to go up for a week until someone else steps up. Compressed or not, 200 lbs is a decent amount of weed, at least more than one person can smoke up before it gets skunky. Puff puff pass 'take that'.
I stated I don't partake, oh please believe me, like I care. Besides everyone wants everyone to buy local. Now this, whats a farmer to do?
Valley Farmer

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 10, 2011
Whatever else these idiots are, they aren't farmers. Looks like JADE is operating in a "target rich" environment. Nice work!
zZz

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 10, 2011
Reducing supply increases demand.
A never ending circle until pot is legalized.
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Dec 10, 2011
"forced" retirement .....
Shameful

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Dec 10, 2011
To say this is a big bust makes me think this is a small problem. 200 lbs of pot is nothing relative to what is used by all the people out there enjoying themselves.

I would have preferred police resources be used getting drunks, off the road where the real danger is to the public.
WHAT

Ruckersville, VA

#16 Dec 10, 2011
Shameful wrote:
To say this is a big bust makes me think this is a small problem. 200 lbs of pot is nothing relative to what is used by all the people out there enjoying themselves.
I would have preferred police resources be used getting drunks, off the road where the real danger is to the public.
We would like it if you had a BRAIN in your head !!!!
take that

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Dec 10, 2011
Oh, and by the way, when cops pull up these plants they pull up roots and all, including all the dirt surrounding the roots. The purpose of course is too add weight to the confiscation thereby allowing them to puff out chests even more. The weed pictured here alone does not even come close to 200lbs. Add the roots and dirt and it might just.
Get me another beer woman

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Dec 10, 2011
JADE has 20+ full time officers? And we see a press release like this once in a blue moon. Sounds like wasted resources and money.
take that

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Dec 10, 2011
Get me another beer woman wrote:
JADE has 20+ full time officers? And we see a press release like this once in a blue moon. Sounds like wasted resources and money.
If we spent that much effort on crime on the streets we might not hear about all the crimes committed.(and alot we don't hear about). But no that makes to much sense. Go after the easy scores. Cops are brain dead, no doubt about it.
ROD

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Dec 10, 2011
All points are valid. Make pot legal and all this goes away except the pesky coke dealers. The war on drugs creates too many jobs in our economy. Legalization of pot would cost a lot of jobs. Probably why it will not happen for a very long time if ever. As long as there in a lot of money to be made people will continue to take the risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food lion Fri Glenn miller 2
lies Dec 15 truth seeker 1
Buckingham girls high school tennis (Apr '14) Apr '14 don 1
New Ragged Mountain Dam Halfway Done (May '13) May '13 huck 18
First Responders Train with Mock Search and Rescue (May '13) May '13 Liberalace 3
Louisa Woman Regional Winner of Farm Mom of the... (May '13) May '13 Wilbur 3
Youth Unemployment Rate High Despite National N... (May '13) May '13 Old Hare 1
More from around the web