Virginia stocks elk to jumpstart restoration

Jun 10, 2012 Full story: Logan Banner 8

On a recent proud day, a regal native son believed to have been extirpated there circa 1855 made its historic return to the Old Dominion.

Full Story
emily

Oakwood, VA

#1 Jun 29, 2012
just wait until that regal(non native) elk collides with your car.. see how it looks then
Think About It

Pleasant Valley, VA

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Lives will be put to an unneeded risk so a few rednecks will have something bigger to shoot.
Joe

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Hey, 'think about it' - I seriously doubt that they are stocking elk for the hunters. This smells more like the tree hugging variety of idiocy. A car/elk collision will be like hitting a moose and you don't want one of them in your front seat with you. You hit them in their long legs and that massive body ends up on the roof of your car.
really

Grundy, VA

#4 Jul 3, 2012
lives are put at unneeded risk when people drive stoned out of their heads.

please explain this "tree hugging variety or idiocy".
TreeHugger

Weyers Cave, VA

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Joe wrote:
Hey,'think about it'- I seriously doubt that they are stocking elk for the hunters. This smells more like the tree hugging variety of idiocy. A car/elk collision will be like hitting a moose and you don't want one of them in your front seat with you. You hit them in their long legs and that massive body ends up on the roof of your car.
The hunters are the ones who started all this. The elk project is 100% for the hunters. No one else.
Joe

Rocky Mount, VA

#7 Jul 6, 2012
Being part tree hugger myself, I see idiocy in many of the policies being funded by taxpayers to support environmental causes. Which is not to say that there isn't idiocy on the other side, as well, because there surely is. I do not know who started this effort to replenish the elk.
So True

Lexington, NC

#8 Jul 10, 2012
Why? Oh Why must people find fault in anything? Everything?
Orebank

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2012
They will be hooked on OXY in no time in this area!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tivis outlet Aug '14 justwonderin 1
Keen Mountain inmate could get 90 additional ye... (Aug '11) May '14 Debra 2
House for rent (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jenna 1
steven biggs (Feb '14) Feb '14 just wondering 1
Man sentenced in Grundy area robbery (Oct '13) Nov '13 an old c o 8
kathy b (Aug '12) Aug '12 xxx 1
Mountain Mission Expansion Complete (Nov '10) Aug '12 regina steele marrs 145
More from around the web