Officers Shot in Buchanan County

Update: A gunman fatally shot two sheriff's deputies before being killed in a shootout in southwest Virginia. Full Story
citizen

United States

#1 Mar 14, 2011
Thankfully the shooter was killed and not captured. His trial and subsequent appeals over the next 15 years would have cost Virginia taxpayers countless millions.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 14, 2011
citizen wrote:
Thankfully the shooter was killed and not captured. His trial and subsequent appeals over the next 15 years would have cost Virginia taxpayers countless millions.
My thoughts exactly, why prolong the inevitable!
lpn2300

Washington, DC

#3 Mar 14, 2011
God be with the family of the slane officers and be with those that were wounded. Pure tragedy. Thankfull that the offender was given the justice they deserved. The only shame is the families of the slane and wounded were not allowed to torcher and torment this evil person before taking there life.
Again may GOD be with you all. Thank you Law Enforcement for all you do!!!!!!!!!!
TEX

Earlysville, VA

#4 Mar 15, 2011
What caused all this should be truly interesting I suppose, after the first shot was fired, the outcome was inevitable. A tragic loss of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tivis outlet Aug 19 justwonderin 1
Keen Mountain inmate could get 90 additional ye... (Aug '11) May '14 Debra 2
Anyone Know Ron Ratliff May '14 UVA 1
House for rent (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jenna 1
steven biggs (Feb '14) Feb '14 just wondering 1
Man sentenced in Grundy area robbery (Oct '13) Nov '13 an old c o 8
kathy b (Aug '12) Aug '12 xxx 1
•••

Buchanan County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE