Buchanan County To Study Economic Imp...

Buchanan County To Study Economic Impact Of New Medical College

There are 19 comments on the Http story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Buchanan County To Study Economic Impact Of New Medical College. In it, Http reports that:

The rule of threes suggests things are funnier, more effective, and more satisfying when they come in threes than any other number.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

Since: Sep 09

Roanoke, VA

#1 Sep 24, 2009
thats all we need is another school the rich gets richer on building more places for them to live while john Q public has to put up with the rudness and there smart mouth
Townie

New Hope, VA

#2 Sep 25, 2009
Typical response from a pessimist!

Roanoke, VA

#3 Sep 25, 2009
Townie wrote:
then you must be one of them thats getting rich lol

Roanoke, VA

#4 Sep 25, 2009
then townie you must be one of them getting rich lol
scalybark

Harvey, LA

#5 Sep 27, 2009
Hope Grundy gets another school. This town has a bright future with all the improvements they are making and with the new coalfield express coming that way in a few years. This could be a great place to live with the mountains.

Roanoke, VA

#6 Sep 29, 2009
getting another school has nothing to do with us improveing all it means is more kids causeing trouble every listen to a ploice scanner they get 1 to three calls a weak were they live but never see in the pappers were they were charged as far as the coalfield express well i think that will be the last of us the road on top of a mountins and grundy way down in the vally
haha

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2009
the coalfield xpress way will kill this plase ill be happy when its dun i can bypass this place and all others will also lol
Rocky

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Nov 13, 2009
To haha as soon as you graduate from 3rd grade I first hope you learn how to spell and secondly if you bypass Grundy you will not have a place to work!
wow

United States

#9 Nov 18, 2009
to Rocky. you don't graduate from 3rd grade. There are other places here with jobs other than Grundy. Ever heard of Richlands???
ROCKY

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 19, 2009
I thought with your spelling that you hadnt graduated from Richlands yet.(the 3rd grade being the tops over their) keep at it you will get that coloring thing down in no time...I have heard of Richlands but I dont see alot of people working in that area??? I would say you would know what an Oxy goes for wouldnt you!
wtfisthayourtalk ingabout

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2009
This is all fine and dandy, but another school for foreigners and rich people is the last thing we need.
I like the working class blue collar, the rest think they go it going on, but with out the hard labor is all like the paper dolls. nothing to grasp and everything on paper. I think we have enough Albert Einsteins to last us a while, or so they think!?!
seenit

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 10, 2009
wtfisthayourtalkingabout wrote:
This is all fine and dandy, but another school for foreigners and rich people is the last thing we need.
I like the working class blue collar, the rest think they go it going on, but with out the hard labor is all like the paper dolls. nothing to grasp and everything on paper. I think we have enough Albert Einsteins to last us a while, or so they think!?!
I think we need a MMI or UTI teach our kids who dont want to go to college or cant afford it to become mechanics (usually a 2yr program). The major plus being that we can hire from within our counties and not from somewhere else like the ASL and Pharmacy School... plus local people could be trained to become instructors. Look at all the other schools the Pharmacy and the Law school both are designed to bring in talent and pay them the big bucks (6 figures)the local people get to clean up after them maybe (15k/year) the Medical school will be the same $hit!!!
metal man

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 10, 2009
Townie wrote:
I just cant wait for them to bring in more people from ouside our area and pay them 6 figures while our people get to clean or cut the grass for them! I say srew a medical college how about some kind of technical school to help our kids not the rich kids from outside the area they dont help us!!
I dont Understand

Bristol, TN

#14 Dec 10, 2009
metal man wrote:
<quoted text>
I just cant wait for them to bring in more people from ouside our area and pay them 6 figures while our people get to clean or cut the grass for them! I say srew a medical college how about some kind of technical school to help our kids not the rich kids from outside the area they dont help us!!
You are so far from the truth...We need these schools...they create other jobs...I can name you many people from this area who work at the schools...Look at the other jobs they create..GET real, this is our hope of the future...We have to have a tax base to keep things going. This will provide jobs and other oppertunities for the people of this area.
ectv

Abingdon, VA

#15 Dec 10, 2009
you ignorant fools should realize that these schools bring money into your shitty county. there are many local people employed and attending these schools. everyone who goes to the schools are not rich, they take out loans. this is what you do when you go to college but most of you dont know anything about that. the best thing about this county is how you are looked down upon if you are educated.
ROCKY

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Dec 10, 2009
ectv wrote:
you ignorant fools should realize that these schools bring money into your shitty county. there are many local people employed and attending these schools. everyone who goes to the schools are not rich, they take out loans. this is what you do when you go to college but most of you dont know anything about that. the best thing about this county is how you are looked down upon if you are educated.
I guess all of the Porshe's, BMW's and Hummers parked at the law school are all on student loans. I am still looking for the so called economic boom that these schools provide for the area....all I see is alot of unused cross walks. I think you have that backward its the educated or those getting educated who look down on us.
ROCKY

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Dec 10, 2009
I dont Understand wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far from the truth...We need these schools...they create other jobs...I can name you many people from this area who work at the schools...Look at the other jobs they create..GET real, this is our hope of the future...We have to have a tax base to keep things going. This will provide jobs and other oppertunities for the people of this area.
Please list these other jobs? I would say all of them put together wouldnt touch what one instructor makes.
Grundy Native

AOL

#18 Dec 10, 2009
A medical school would bring jobs and unlike the law school the locals will have a chance of having the students take care them as they learn. The only problem is the lawyers will be chacing every ambulance that arrives.
seenit

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Dec 10, 2009
Grundy Native wrote:
A medical school would bring jobs and unlike the law school the locals will have a chance of having the students take care them as they learn. The only problem is the lawyers will be chacing every ambulance that arrives.
We need better doctors in our area for sure! I am not totally against a Medical school but a technical school should be looked into first lets help the people in our area for a change, I dont care how well someones kid from South Carolina is doing at the ASL or the Pharmacy school!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy cline and Jessica McMillan rats!!! Sep 22 Big brother 1
Homecoming Dances Sep '17 Curious 1
american legion (Jan '17) Aug '17 boo 24
narks!!! Jun '17 HellzAngels 1
Jewell Valley Music Thread (Apr '17) Jun '17 Musikologist 2
Cathy Payne (Nov '15) Jun '17 Interesting 3
andrew lester also known andy (Dec '16) Jun '17 eagle cup 7
More from around the web