Oak Island man charged with drug traf...

Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking

There are 128 comments on the Brunswick Beacon story from Oct 14, 2008, titled Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking. In it, Brunswick Beacon reports that:

An Oak Island man has been arrested and charged with trafficking drugs. According to arrest reports, Timothy Ray Dobbs, 48, of 250 North East 64th St., Oak Island, has been charged with three counts of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brunswick Beacon.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
friend

Wilmington, NC

#123 Jul 21, 2011
not a client wrote:
Stay posted he was let out fast to round up his other buyers and sellers.As a mother I do not mind you calling me fat.I do not want him to have access to teens.
he is NOT a drug dealer dammit, so get your facts straight and not what you learn and hear in the newspaper. he was set up. Tim is a unbeliveable nice person who is not a drug trafficker. so you dont have to worry about your children ma'am because obviously your wrong about that. haha thanks
visitor

Detroit, MI

#124 Jul 21, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>he is NOT a drug dealer dammit, so get your facts straight and not what you learn and hear in the newspaper. he was set up. Tim is a unbeliveable nice person who is not a drug trafficker. so you dont have to worry about your children ma'am because obviously your wrong about that. haha thanks
You buy from him?
three dog night

Columbia, TN

#125 Jul 21, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
he is NOT a drug dealer dammit, so get your facts straight and not what you learn and hear in the newspaper. he was set up. Tim is a unbeliveable nice person who is not a drug trafficker. so you dont have to worry about your children ma'am because obviously your wrong about that. haha thanks
How can you say he's not a drug dealer when there are people on these forums who admit to buying from him????? Just because you think he's nice doesn't mean that he wasn't dealing drugs. Open your eyes.
friend

Wilmington, NC

#126 Oct 20, 2011
three dog night wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say he's not a drug dealer when there are people on these forums who admit to buying from him????? Just because you think he's nice doesn't mean that he wasn't dealing drugs. Open your eyes.
three dog night. why dont you use a comback other than "Open your eyes." thats all youve got. you obviously didnt know tim as a person and what his morals were. this was a set up. why dont you worry about other "drug dealers" in your community. that sell ILLEGAL drugs to these teens. meth, cocaine, and marajuana. apparently the police are too busy setting innocent people up than focusing on the real drug dealers.
LaLa

Wilmington, NC

#127 Oct 20, 2011
Three Dog Night you are so immature. All of you are.
three dog night

Columbia, TN

#128 Oct 20, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
three dog night. why dont you use a comback other than "Open your eyes." thats all youve got. you obviously didnt know tim as a person and what his morals were. this was a set up. why dont you worry about other "drug dealers" in your community. that sell ILLEGAL drugs to these teens. meth, cocaine, and marajuana. apparently the police are too busy setting innocent people up than focusing on the real drug dealers.
Ok, if someone admits to buying drugs from someone doesn't that make the person selling the drugs a drug dealer? And once again I'll say that the police don't just go around randomly selecting innocent people to "set up". What would be the point in doing that? Hey, if you want to believe this upstanding citizen isn't selling drugs, then go ahead. It's obvious that the jury was a bit more intelligent and open minded than you.
visitor

Hendersonville, NC

#129 Oct 24, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>three dog night. why dont you use a comback other than "Open your eyes." thats all youve got. you obviously didnt know tim as a person and what his morals were. this was a set up. why dont you worry about other "drug dealers" in your community. that sell ILLEGAL drugs to these teens. meth, cocaine, and marajuana. apparently the police are too busy setting innocent people up than focusing on the real drug dealers.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to convict someone with a jury trial?
Informant dead

Hubert, NC

#130 Sep 8, 2012
well the informant that set Tim up was found dead in his home from an over dose or a complication of drugs surely. So instead of putting him behind bars like they should have inthe first place, they allowe him to ontiue setting up niel and dime drug dealer that were often just doing him what they thought was a favor. And the whole time Kyle was allowed to use drugs freely as long as he kept giving the county arrests so they could meet their numbers. Well this kids death is on you Brunswick County DEA, a drug addict that was using harder drugs than anyone he set up is now dead because you gave him a golden ticket to do what ever he pleased, meaning more and more harder and harder drugs. And if I understand the law correctly a person who makes buys for the police has to be drug tested rigorusly, that was never done as I have friends who saw him use as he bragged about getting people arrested. Every arrest made associated with him should be dismissed, case closed, protocal was breached! Congradulations BC law enforement I hope your quota was worth the life of this troubled young man, and the families of the folks who were arrested who's lives were ruined because of their loved ones being charged with felonys and in Tim's case serving time for doing him a "favor". Sad, Sad day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marion warren as court of appeals judge? (Oct '14) Jan '16 Bill Walsh 2
News Suspect clocked at 104 mph leads troopers on chase (Dec '15) Dec '15 oceaniclove 1
News Lottery winner's fiance bailed out for third ti... (Oct '15) Oct '15 poptart-00 1
News First on 3 Update: Lotto winner, high-bond drug... (Jul '15) Jul '15 carolyn 1
News Several arrested on drug charges in Brunswick C... (Jun '11) Jun '15 anchors away 9
News NC mom with 4 kids, one with cerebal palsy, win... (Feb '15) Apr '15 pam 3
Is Ryan Smithwick a Republican in Name Only (RI... (Apr '14) May '14 Rachel Jacobs 23
More from around the web