Oak Island man charged with drug traf...

Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking

There are 128 comments on the Brunswick Beacon story from Oct 14, 2008, titled Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking. In it, Brunswick Beacon reports that:

An Oak Island man has been arrested and charged with trafficking drugs. According to arrest reports, Timothy Ray Dobbs, 48, of 250 North East 64th St., Oak Island, has been charged with three counts of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brunswick Beacon.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
oak island resident

Calabash, NC

#1 Oct 16, 2008
i personally know this person & he is not a drug dealer, this is a smear campaign by brunswick county, the actual crime was with prescription medication & had nothing to do with illegal drugs or trafficking
Southport resident

Dillon, SC

#2 Oct 16, 2008
I know Tim and he is a great person and loves his family a lot.
anonymous

Pembroke, NC

#3 Oct 16, 2008
i know this man, and we acually share the same last name.
and i know that he loves his family; and me. but if he did, he wouldnt have done this.
i could have sworn he wasnt doing drugs or anything to that effect.
but i guess i was wrong.
lets just hope there is an explination for all of this..
Outraged in Oak Island

Wilmington, NC

#4 Oct 22, 2008
The cops used a kid that they busted several times for growing pot in his house, having a weapon of mass destruction, possesion of several bags of heroin, and many other very serious crimes to basically entrap Tim into giving him the loritab pills (not heroin or opiates or any kind of trafficking as the charges suggest). I personally think it is in the publics best intrest if the informant were the one in court or even better in jail. But instead,Tim, a family man, and well liked established person in the Oak Island Community is facing trumped up, outlandish charges. The way the paper reads Tim's charges sound terrible saying that he was trafficking heroin or opiates and including a mug shot picture of him. I know Tim certaily didn't go out and about trying to sell pills that he has prescribed to him for various pain. Due to having to work on his feet in awkward standing positions all day he is likely in constant pain. Its pretty safe to say the sheriff's dept put the informant up to the harrassing job of calling Mr. Dobbs often, stopping by his place of business, and even showing up at his house. All the while attemting to gain Tim's empathy through made up stories of his own sever pain. So I am guessing after a while of this complaining and badgering the informant eventually asked Tim if he could have some of Tim's pain prescription. More than likely if money was exchanged it was forced on Mr Dobbs by the informant to help build the case against Tim. I have even heard that the informant stole pills from Mr. Dobbs while Tim was busy working and left money to incenuate a drug buy. It wouldn't be outlandish to think that the informant with the charges he is facing did anything and everything he could (legal or not) to get Tim into trouble to help himself. Tim is a hard worker who has no time or intrest in trying to involve himself in any illegal activity. He is a devoted husband, father, and all around nice guy. He is certainly not the drug dealer that that he is being made out to be in the Brunswick Beacon. So while Tim works hard, supports a family, and is forced to now deal with these allegations, a heroin addicted informant is working hard for our Sheriff Dept trying to work off his long list of serious crimes by coaxing, setting up, and entraping unsuspecting people. All of which is being wasted on our tax dollars. I think I would prefer my tax dollars being spent in geting this grimey informant incarcerated, rather than the DA wasting time and money charging a genuine good person like Tim. Unlile the person who set Tim up and is roaming around Oak Island care free, Tim actually learns a lesson if and when he makes a mistake.
no surprise

Greensboro, NC

#5 Nov 19, 2008
wow this does not surprise me . it is about time , funny how ron hewitt is gone , and this happens . i have lived on this island all my life and i think justice is starting to come alive keep up the good work . what goes around comes around
about time

Burlington, NC

#6 Nov 19, 2008
it took years and years but it finally came to past
not a client

Wilmington, NC

#7 Nov 20, 2008
He usualy sells steroids. he was a snitch for hewett and now a lot of truth will come out.
i know who this is

Calabash, NC

#8 Nov 24, 2008
no surprise wrote:
wow this does not surprise me . it is about time , funny how ron hewitt is gone , and this happens . i have lived on this island all my life and i think justice is starting to come alive keep up the good work . what goes around comes around
This is his wife's phyco ex-husband-you should see his record
i know who this is

Calabash, NC

#9 Nov 24, 2008
not a client wrote:
He usualy sells steroids. he was a snitch for hewett and now a lot of truth will come out.
This is obvious a jealous FAT slob, your just jealous, becaus he looks better than you
not a client

Wilmington, NC

#10 Nov 24, 2008
Stay posted he was let out fast to round up his other buyers and sellers.As a mother I do not mind you calling me fat.I do not want him to have access to teens.
PREPOSTEROUS

Pembroke, NC

#11 Nov 24, 2008
not a client wrote:
OHHHHHH..........IS THAT A FACT? SO...THIS MUST MEAN EITHER ONE OF TWO THINGS; YOU ARE A USER YOURSELF OR DOING FLAVORFUL FAVORS FOR OUR FINE MEN IN UNIFORM.
PROVE IT!!!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU MUST LIVE A PATHETIC EXISTANCE.WONDER WHAT'S LURKING AROUND IN YOUR CLOSET? THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!
curious

Wilmington, NC

#12 Nov 24, 2008
i know who this is wrote:
<quoted text> This is his wife's phyco ex-husband-you should see his record
How do you know ?? seems she likes um with records.
cut

Wilmington, NC

#13 Jan 9, 2009
what happened to this case. we are wondering about the kids.?
happy new year

Wilmington, NC

#14 Jan 19, 2009
He is out and in biz so stop on buy. we will get the tag as you go in.
just us

Wilmington, NC

#15 Jan 31, 2009
Timothy Ray Dobbs 48,
The Grand Jury returned a True bill of indictment.
Think you can still get more than a hair cut. Deal or no Deal.
tired of stupidity

Calabash, NC

#16 Feb 5, 2009
just us wrote:
Timothy Ray Dobbs 48,
The Grand Jury returned a True bill of indictment.
Think you can still get more than a hair cut. Deal or no Deal.
obviously you are very uneducated, spend your time getting the facts, when someone is endicted, that just means that the case is being moved to superior court and that someone in that court house sits there and stamps endictments, no case was heard & no evidence was presented to have him indicted, have some balls & write your real name---PUSSY
tired of stupidity

Calabash, NC

#17 Feb 5, 2009
cut wrote:
what happened to this case. we are wondering about the kids.?
WHAT about the kids--You must be Totally ignorant also, GET the Facts, the kids are none of anybody's business, give your name & give them a call--COWARD
Southport Resident new

Wilmington, NC

#18 Feb 10, 2009
Seems to be a lot of strong opinions name calling ect. I hear this on the golf course and club. This is not why we moved here. Just let the system deal with it. I thought it would be over by now. I was in this field for years and if court is open down here.curious,tired,cut, and the rest can see the facts thats how it works.
O.K. Tom now you know
Oak ISland Native

Wilmington, NC

#19 Mar 18, 2009
go to Urgent Care on Long Beach Rd and EVERYTIME you will see Tim in there with his biker shorts a lil back pack waiting to see Dr. Forstner to get more meds!!!!!!

JUSTICE IS SERVED
Compasionate

Wilmington, NC

#20 Mar 22, 2009
The doc has been tricked. Hr gets them from the staff your insurance is up. when he is in jail we will still pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marion warren as court of appeals judge? (Oct '14) Jan '16 Bill Walsh 2
News Suspect clocked at 104 mph leads troopers on chase (Dec '15) Dec '15 oceaniclove 1
News Lottery winner's fiance bailed out for third ti... (Oct '15) Oct '15 poptart-00 1
News First on 3 Update: Lotto winner, high-bond drug... (Jul '15) Jul '15 carolyn 1
News Several arrested on drug charges in Brunswick C... (Jun '11) Jun '15 anchors away 9
News NC mom with 4 kids, one with cerebal palsy, win... (Feb '15) Apr '15 pam 3
Is Ryan Smithwick a Republican in Name Only (RI... (Apr '14) May '14 Rachel Jacobs 23
More from around the web