Man shot and killed by deputy

Sep 7, 2009 Full story: WECT-TV Wilmington

The SBI is investigating a shooting in Brunswick County involving a sheriff's deputy.

Full Story
unknown

West Des Moines, IA

#1 Sep 7, 2009
This man nearly caused my sister to die 17 weeks to the day he died. I hate it for his family, but if my sister had died 17 weeks ago because of this man then I would be still mourning the death of my one and only sister. I do believe the cop did the right thing.
brunswick county citizen

Shallotte, NC

#2 Sep 9, 2009
The deputy is a fine young man & was only doing his job. When you are in fear for your life..you gotta make sure you don't die. That man should have done as he was told & no one would have gotten hurt. Any man who hurts a woman gets his karma. If you were in his shoes that night, would you have let him get to you first & use your weapon on you?? I didn't think so....Like I said, he didn't intend to kill him...just trying to protect & serve as he did. Sorry to the guy's family though. Condolensces sent your way.

Since: Aug 09

Wilmington, NC

#3 Sep 10, 2009
unknown wrote:
This man nearly caused my sister to die 17 weeks to the day he died. I hate it for his family, but if my sister had died 17 weeks ago because of this man then I would be still mourning the death of my one and only sister. I do believe the cop did the right thing.
so you are saying this man deserved to die?

wow
unknown

West Des Moines, IA

#4 Sep 10, 2009
We all have choices to make in life and I just hate it that Walters chose the wrong ones. I think that he should have done what he was most likely ask to do. He really beat my sister up and fed her full of drugs to finish her off. Like I said I do feel for his mom and dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marion warren as court of appeals judge? Oct '14 brett 1
Is Ryan Smithwick a Republican in Name Only (RI... (Apr '14) May '14 Rachel Jacobs 23
Has Ryan Smithwick Candidate for DA ever been c... (Mar '14) May '14 April Farber 48
DA: Brunswick County sheriff temporarily suspen... (Mar '08) May '14 Les G 13
L.J( Lindsay Jacob Simmons) Litterbug/convicted... (Jan '14) Apr '14 Lis 2
Several arrested on drug charges in Brunswick C... (Jun '11) Mar '14 Ralph 8
4-wheels who mess-up land they don't own (Feb '09) Oct '13 Ford150 2
More from around the web