Loan default freezes community

By Jessica Foster and David Wren - jfoster@thesunnews.com , dwren@thesunnews.com Carolina Crossing, a Portrait Homes community in Little River, is going through foreclosure proceedings that could result in one ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Trvman

United States

#63 Sep 14, 2008
little river resident wrote:
There are over 60 liens on Carolina Crossing at this time. Does that mean some of the homeowners may also be effected? If so, we need a good attorney in SC does any body have any ideas
There are PLENTY of good attorneys everywhere. These are the ones who will take your case and drag it out as long as they can so they can run your bill up as much as they can. That's the way they work. It will cost you more by the time the lawyer gets done then it would have cost you to pay off a lien in many cases.

Get the HOA to hire ONE attorney and go after them in a class action suit.

As I said, before everyone who owns a home anywhere in this area had better check to make sure their are no liens on their homes. There are plenty of contractors who took the money and ran and now the subs are placing liens on the home owners to get paid and many home owners don't know this till they go to sell their property.
Little River Resident

Calabash, NC

#64 Sep 15, 2008
The HOA is encore and they are a sister company of Portrait Homes and as of right now we have no HOA
Trvman wrote:
<quoted text>

There are PLENTY of good attorneys everywhere. These are the ones who will take your case and drag it out as long as they can so they can run your bill up as much as they can. That's the way they work. It will cost you more by the time the lawyer gets done then it would have cost you to pay off a lien in many cases.
Get the HOA to hire ONE attorney and go after them in a class action suit.
As I said, before everyone who owns a home anywhere in this area had better check to make sure their are no liens on their homes. There are plenty of contractors who took the money and ran and now the subs are placing liens on the home owners to get paid and many home owners don't know this till they go to sell their property.
Trvman

Lafayette, AL

#65 Sep 16, 2008
Little River Resident wrote:
The HOA is encore and they are a sister company of Portrait Homes and as of right now we have no HOA
<quoted text>
I would tell you to call the State, but good luck with that because they have no help to look into anything. However, go on line and contact the Attorney General first and see what they have to say.

Stay away from hiring a lawyer yourself. Go put flyers in all the mailboxes and invite the residents to a meeting andsee what thye want to do.
Little River Resident

Calabash, NC

#66 Sep 17, 2008
Wondering if anyone knows who the other communities are that was foreclosed on in Illinois.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marion warren as court of appeals judge? Oct '14 brett 1
Is Ryan Smithwick a Republican in Name Only (RI... (Apr '14) May '14 Rachel Jacobs 23
Has Ryan Smithwick Candidate for DA ever been c... (Mar '14) May '14 April Farber 48
DA: Brunswick County sheriff temporarily suspen... (Mar '08) May '14 Les G 13
L.J( Lindsay Jacob Simmons) Litterbug/convicted... (Jan '14) Apr '14 Lis 2
Several arrested on drug charges in Brunswick C... (Jun '11) Mar '14 Ralph 8
4-wheels who mess-up land they don't own (Feb '09) Oct '13 Ford150 2
More from around the web