Medical examiner transport company BR...

Medical examiner transport company BRS under investigation County..

Posted in the Broward County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I see the light

AOL

#1 Feb 24, 2007
Broward Removal Service is committing fraud and deceiptful practices on a daily basis with regards to paperwork...Mostly in Palm Beach County. Tim is constantly having the Drivers change their Arrival times from the actual arrival time-to a false arrival time- so his paperwork reflects he arrived within his 60 Minute alloted time. All this so he isn't required to only charge 1/2 price on the removal as his contract says he is to do when he is late to calls. Which by the way is 56% of the time. How can a company that has signed a LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT with a COUNTY (Palm Beach) violate the terms of the Contract daily and get away with it?
He is to have 4 trucks (manned by 2 persons each) in Palm Beach county at all times. He only ever has 1 truck in palm beach county manned by 2 persons. And at night it is funny as hell to watch BRS trucks SPEEDING up and down the interstate, turnpike from Miami to Palm Beach trying to get to calls within 1 hour. What makes it funny is He only has 1 truck in broward with 1 person in it, 1 truck in Miami with 1 person in it and Tom as the back-up truck to cover Palm Beach, Miami, Broward counties in a 12 hour shift. Thats 3 trucks and 3 people for 3 counties. I guess that is why Funeral homes have compared him to the old "Professionl Removal Company" he use to compete with. He is no better than the guy who ran that company, it is a matter of time till he gets stopped driving like an idiot or till someone kills another driver. But not like anyone would be able to collect from him anyways, just ask the other dozen or so people still trying to collect on BOUNCED checks that TIM loves to write around Broward....Even his employees will tell you about their bounced checks. You gotta literally fight to get back to the office on Friday to cash your check or you are shit-out-of-luck until Tuesday or so. And whats up with the lights in those trucks, you guys are not Law enforcement SO QUIT ACTING LIKE IT, you are just another COmpany out there trying to make a buck and screw the tax payers of Palm Beach County in the process. And i have a couple people including myself, who are still employed there, unfortunatly, who will back up these claims..besides i am not as dumb as you think, i can tell you on which cals i have been told to change times on, with the latest being this past Saturday at St. Mary's for the O.R... T-3 time is 1:30P.M--Actual arrival time was 2:05P.M but paperwork doesnt say 2:05P.M now does it Tim....FRAUD-OUT and OUT.....Keep it up buddy You can join Your buddy Professional at the next Lights out in your cell call.....
I see the light

AOL

#2 Feb 27, 2007
A current News Article in the Palm Beach Post
2/28/07....
A company hired for the delicate task of removing bodies from crime and death scenes has been accused of dropping a body, possibly contaminating a crime scene and questionable record keeping, according to county records.
In the more than three years Broward Removal Service has collected bodies for the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner's Office, there have been seven complaints alleging poor performance and procedure violations.
Some of the complaints
Among the complaints about Broward Removal Service's performance in Palm Beach County:
• Leaving a morgue's cooler open.
• Entering a crime scene without permission.
• Responding slowly.
• Dropping a body.
• Logging an incorrect case number.
• Removing a sock from a body.
Palm Beach County officials said they are considering ending the Pompano Beach-based company's estimated $134,000 annual contract.
"The county is very concerned about the past and current performance of Broward Removal Service," Assistant County Administrator Vince Bonvento said. "The documentation speaks for itself."
Among the complaints filed to the county's purchasing department by Medical Examiner Michael Bell:
• Dropping a woman's body on Dec. 28, 2005, while removing her from a car.
• Assigning the wrong case number to a body on Aug. 3, 2005.
• Walking through a crime scene on Jan. 26 without authorization from investigators.
• Removing a corpse's sock to fasten a toe tag on Oct. 2.
On Sept. 17, Bell issued a complaint that it took Broward Removal Service nearly two hours to respond to a body removal call, records show. A few weeks later, Bell complained that an employee left a "disaster cooler" at the morgue open for nearly 12 hours, which raised the cooler's temperature to 50 degrees, a violation of state law.
On Nov. 1, Bell and medical examiner operations manager Tony Mead renewed Broward Removal Service's contract for another year.
A woman who answered the phone at the medical examiner's office Tuesday said Bell and Mead had no comment.
"They were trying to give Broward Removal Service the benefit of the doubt, an opportunity to correct the deficiencies," Bonvento said. "Had I been involved in that decision back in November, it would've been a no-brainer."
An e-mail to the county's purchasing department also alleges the company instructed employees to falsify paperwork regarding arrival times for body pickups. Broward Removal Service's contract requires it remove a body within an hour of being called for service. The company receives $93.18 per body east of 20 Mile Bend, but the rate is cut in half if crews are late, according to the contract.
Broward Removal Service President Timothy Steinkamp said on Tuesday that the company does not have vans specifically assigned to answer Palm Beach County Medical Examiner Office calls. The company has 26 vans that operate throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
(Ball face lie-He only has 14 according to his own website..)And at night only 3 vehicle running with none of them having 2 people in them....
"It depends on the call volume," Steinkamp said of response times. According to the contract, Broward Removal Service must have a minimum of four vehicles, manned by two people, available for dispatch at all times. Steinkamp declined to talk about the medical examiner office's performance reports.
In response to a Jan. 29 complaint that a Broward Removal Service van drove into a crime scene on Northlake Boulevard without authorization from the medical examiner's investigator on scene, Steinkamp wrote that his removal crew met with investigator Doug Jenkins as soon as they arrived.
"We've had many documented problems with them," said Kathleen Scarlett, director of the county's purchasing department, "but we can't have a vendor violate something so sensitive as crime scene protocol."
Juan

Scottdale, GA

#3 Mar 7, 2007
Broward Removal came out when my aunt died suddenly and they were quick in arriving, very nice and polite, and handled the body with such care. This ranting person must be a disgruntled employee, or else just a plain old-fashion nut job.
OTJ

Scottdale, GA

#4 Mar 7, 2007
I have worked dozens of signal 7's with BRS and they are tops. WHATCHAGRIPE?
your worst nightmare

AOL

#6 Mar 16, 2007
changing times, speeding, bouncing paychecks--what a way to run a company....TOP NOTCH......Changing times to show you arrive on time- especially when you are really 30 minutes late, and in the long run being late would be a price cut to the M.E.
I call that Fraud... I was there, was told to change times, and had several weeks of paychecks bounce....little did Tim know i was writing the time he told me on his copy of run sheets but the correct arrival time on the pink copies for the M.E. and collecting all the nurses names and signatures on the correct paperwork. Nurses notes also reflect actual time we pick-up body..So any time you want to compare notes with cases from hospitals or scenes,, LETS DO IT.... I can only sit back and count the amount of inaccurate times Timothy had us put down. And for every inaccurate report, there sould have been a discount given to the M.E. Office in accordance with the contract BRS signed...So lets get the county involved and show them just how many cases they were OVERCHARGED on by BRS....FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD
moved to ATL GA

United States

#7 May 7, 2007
i used to work for BRS and the charges of fraud on paperwork and not having the money to pay employees is completely right. i was one of the overnight employees, and the only female, and i know we NEVER had the amount of people we should have on staff, mostly because "Management: didn't want to have to pay people, partly because "Management" just really didn't care.
yes, the actually employees ARE friendly, and yes, the actually employees were there to do the job they were hired for (MOST of them were competent), but "Management" never really cared about their employees, and the business was just out-and-out run shitty.....
Former_Remover

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Jun 22, 2007
You are an idiot !!! I as well as you idiots worked for Tim...none of you had a problem with him when you worked there...and yes...you were probably one of the jerks that ran your lights all over town didn't you? Pretending to be something you were not!
Shoot...sometimes business goes down for a while...but as far as Tim and His wife...they have always treated me extemely well!!!
No complaints here....and im sure i was there when you were...and longer..get a pacifier!
So keep crying...and enjoy flipping your hamburgers in palm beach....before long Tim will be back in your county just like times before, when the county realizez the other morons they get cant hack it!
I see the light wrote:
Broward Removal Service is committing fraud and deceiptful practices on a daily basis with regards to paperwork...Mostly in Palm Beach County. Tim is constantly having the Drivers change their Arrival times from the actual arrival time-to a false arrival time- so his paperwork reflects he arrived within his 60 Minute alloted time. All this so he isn't required to only charge 1/2 price on the removal as his contract says he is to do when he is late to calls. Which by the way is 56% of the time. How can a company that has signed a LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT with a COUNTY (Palm Beach) violate the terms of the Contract daily and get away with it?
He is to have 4 trucks (manned by 2 persons each) in Palm Beach county at all times. He only ever has 1 truck in palm beach county manned by 2 persons. And at night it is funny as hell to watch BRS trucks SPEEDING up and down the interstate, turnpike from Miami to Palm Beach trying to get to calls within 1 hour. What makes it funny is He only has 1 truck in broward with 1 person in it, 1 truck in Miami with 1 person in it and Tom as the back-up truck to cover Palm Beach, Miami, Broward counties in a 12 hour shift. Thats 3 trucks and 3 people for 3 counties. I guess that is why Funeral homes have compared him to the old "Professionl Removal Company" he use to compete with. He is no better than the guy who ran that company, it is a matter of time till he gets stopped driving like an idiot or till someone kills another driver. But not like anyone would be able to collect from him anyways, just ask the other dozen or so people still trying to collect on BOUNCED checks that TIM loves to write around Broward....Even his employees will tell you about their bounced checks. You gotta literally fight to get back to the office on Friday to cash your check or you are shit-out-of-luck until Tuesday or so. And whats up with the lights in those trucks, you guys are not Law enforcement SO QUIT ACTING LIKE IT, you are just another COmpany out there trying to make a buck and screw the tax payers of Palm Beach County in the process. And i have a couple people including myself, who are still employed there, unfortunatly, who will back up these claims..besides i am not as dumb as you think, i can tell you on which cals i have been told to change times on, with the latest being this past Saturday at St. Mary's for the O.R... T-3 time is 1:30P.M--Actual arrival time was 2:05P.M but paperwork doesnt say 2:05P.M now does it Tim....FRAUD-OUT and OUT.....Keep it up buddy You can join Your buddy Professional at the next Lights out in your cell call.....
Bad Check Tim

AOL

#9 Jun 24, 2007
Well, it seems that Tim has finally gotten what he has dished out to his employees for years. He has lost Palm Beach, Miami-Dade, and now Broward Counties. I can only imagine what he will say about this now. He will probably try and blame Tom and the employees. It is a shame, because at one time, he did have a good business, but now he sounds just like Joe Damiano, if you can imagine that.
Former_Remover

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jun 28, 2007
UP YOURS....HEY LET ME GET A BIG MAC AND LARGE FRY....SEE YA
Mario

Miami, FL

#11 Oct 2, 2007
I have nothing to hide. My name is Mario. I worked for B.R.S in 2005 and it was the coolest experience I ever had in 5 years working in the Death Industry.

I met a few employees who's check bounced. I was never one of them. Tim fired me for stealing gloves, even though that was what you were told to do. Steal gloves and steal sheets cause you need them.

Tim never gave me any problems. B.R.S is dead guys, the bigger rat is S.C.I and guys like Dan D'Andrea. Those are the assholes you need to be careful about, if you are still in the business.
bagandtag

Halifax, Canada

#12 Apr 10, 2008
Well, I am from Nova Scotia, Canada. It is very interesting to read all of the comments. Unfortunately some of the removal attendants had problems with the employer.I worked for one in NS. We only got $15.00 per local removal. Add another $5.00 to that for an M.E. case. We as well were told to collect as many sheets as possible from the M.E. office.As a former employee, it is a hard job on the brain ... you live by your cell 24/7. I drove alot of miles and speeding did happen. We were very professional. However, when you work for a company that will not pay well ... no one stays to work. Far as I know of now, that company is losing business due to being money grabbers. I love what I do ... ust some of the companies you really have to watch for, others are amazing!
CARLOS WILSON

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jul 11, 2008
WELL TIM YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED AND BY THE WAY SEE YA AT MCDONALDS HOW MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER I KNOW WHO SHUT YOU DOWN. GORLEY
XREMOVAL

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Nov 11, 2008
I'm so glad Tim is getting shit for all the people he fucked over. And his brother Tom, what a two face bitch he is. Mr wanna be cop!
He also use to have us driver chage time on the broward county, PB county, Miami login book many times. Y is he working at the Broward M.E Office?
Tom chage arrival time on the trip sheets and on the login book at the broward ME office a buch of times.
Kurt Ranes

Montgomery, AL

#16 Jan 29, 2009
I also worked for BRS for some time and a lot of what being said is true. Tim wasn't the best employer but I did enjoy my job while I was there. We did have to speed and deal with crap from time to time. Checks did bounce a lot there as well. Having to fly from one county to another was unreasonable as well and we were yelled at a lot for being late when it wasn't possible to be on time. As I said though, I did like the job for what it was, just not how things were run. As far as us who no longer work there flipping burgers, you're an idiot for saying that. How can you assume that we all moved on to dead end jobs? Do you know anyone that has left there that actually does work at a mcdonalds or a burger king? If you do, then that is to bad for that person. As for myself, I've moved on to much bigger and better things which I suspect others have done as well.
Keith Kashansky

Clifton, NJ

#17 Feb 23, 2009
I also worked for tim from 1999-2007 and in all the years i worked for him i never had an issue with my pay or were they instructed us to steal gloves and sheets. it seems that most of the people that a making the most noise i have never heard off and the ones i do know were begging to keep their job there. it was great to work for Tim and his family i did have some issue but hey lets be honest how many companys due you work for that you don't have issues with!!!!!!!!!! KK
Rob Nailon

Levittown, PA

#18 Apr 19, 2009
I am truly sorry to hear what has happened. I worked for Broward Removal out of Dist 5 in Central Florida. I was never treated badly and truly liked Tim and Tom. I hope you can some day get things back.
I want to say when you have a large area to cover and hire people and entrust them to perform a job as this; as an employer it is truly difficult to make sure everyone dose exactly what they are being paid to do. I cannot believe that Tim or Tom knowingly prompted people to change times to defraud the Medical Examiners office in any county. I know that Tim would monitor the pick-ups at all hours via the radio and would check the driver’s times but at no time did I ever hear him tell anyone to change times on any legal document.

Rob
bounced check

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Jun 1, 2009
It's funny people coming on here saying they never had a problem with Tim as if people who got fucked by him are lying. Good for you if you didnt have a problem with him but there are plenty of people including myself who did work for him and had not just one or two checks bounce but every check of mine every week bounced. I eventualy quit because i was sick of dealing with that bullshit. And on many ocassions was told to change arival times. I couldnt give a rats ass now, I own my own removal service now and am doing fine, but lets not act like that shit never happend,it did and he dicked a lot of people.
biggybig68

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2009
First of all, Tim Steinkamp is the biggest asshole you would ever know! He is a sneaky, slimy bastard and treated his employees like shit! Someone who he obviously knows him wrote the first two paragraphs at the top of this page in order to defend his fat ass!

Tim Steinkamp, would fire people for no reason at all and he would do it through emails or had messages relayed through other employees because he did not have the balls to do it to their face! He had one employee (removal agent) who was one of his best, that went on vacation to Disney with his two sons because he was single father. When Tim Steinkamp decided that he could not afford him, he fired the guy while he was on vacation at Disney with his sons. The employee had no idea that he came back from vacation, that he would be jobless.

I also worked for Broward Removal and SCUMBAG Steinkamp had my removal partner tell me that I was fired and there was never a reason why. I came to work dressed and ready to head out to begin my grave shift and Steinkamp looked me right in the face and said "hello" to me when I came to work and even cracked a joke with me and then he left and as I went to get into the van a few minutes later, that is when my removal partner told me he was relaying a message that I was fired. Steinkamp also fired a dispatcher named Monica through an email because he was to cowardly to tell her in person. He also fired a field supervisor named Jason for the lamest reason. Jason was hugry and needed to stop for lunch. When Jason came back to the office, Steinkamp told him, "You stopped for lunch" and Jason replied, "Yes, I did. I was hungry." Steinkamp said, "Well, I feel like our working relationship has faded so, you need to go."

In 2003, Steinkamp was diagnosed with cancer behind one of his ears. He wanted everyone to pray for him and he suddenly started acting nice...I guess it was out of fear of going to Hell in a hand basket. As soon as the cancer went into remission, he was back to being a total prick!!!!

His brother Tommy Steinkamp is also a scumbag and steals from dead people! I did a removal with Tommy that was on A1A when a guy was hit by a car and killed. The dead guy had on a Raymond Weil wrist watch that was worth at least 5 grand. When we arrived back at the M.E.'s office, Tommy called for me to be picked up by another removal agent so I would not witness him stealing the dead man's watch. Well, Tommy had the watch on the very next day! These people are scumbag, and piles of puke and shit! The Steinkamp family are all fake Christians and liars!!!!!

PS-KEITH KASHANSKY...YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF DEFENDING THESE SCUMBAGS ESPECIALLY THE WAY TIM FIRED YOU FOR NO REASON AND HE TOLD EVERYONE THAT YOU THREATENED TO BEAT HIM UP WHEN WE ALL KNEW HE WAS LYING. WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THAT ASSHOLE??????!!!!
DIAZ

Miami, FL

#22 Jul 8, 2011
I ALSO WORKED FOR BRS AND WAS TREATED LIKE SHIT. I COVERED THE MIAMI AREA FORM EARLY 2005 THRU 2007 AND WHEN I SAY COVERED I MEAN I WAS THE ONLY PERSON/TRUCK IN MIAMI..... WHEN I STARTED WITH BRS IT SEEMED LIKE TIM RAN A TIGHT SHIFT BUT AS TIME PASSED I STARTED TO NOTICE ALL THE SHADY BUSINESS GOING ON. IF I WASN'T AT THE OFFICE BRIGHT N EARLY ON FRIDAYS I MIGHT AS WELL FORGET MY PAY CHECK BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE NO MONEY IN THE PAYROLL ACCOUNT??????? HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE MONEY IN THE PAYROLL ACCOUNT. O YEAH HE WAS ALWAYS ON VACA. AND I WAS ALSO TOLD ON MANY OCCASIONS TO GET(STEAL) SHEETS FROM THE HOSPITALS. AND WAS REPRIMANDED FOR WEARING DRESS CLOTHES THAT I BOUGHT BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THEIR UNIFORUMS. I BELIVE THAT CLOTHES FROM BURLINGTON COAT. WERE MORE PROFESSIONAL LOOKING THAN THE CINTAS MECHANIC SHOP CLOTHES THAT THEY PROVIDED.... BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE DOING BODY REMOVALS WAS MY FAVORITE JOB. JUST WISH I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK FOR A BUNCH OF DOUCHBAGS.......
curt cunningham

West Chester, OH

#23 Oct 14, 2011
hi my name is curt cunningham and i was looking at the paper on brs on transporting dead body what i was thinging was can someone help me out i want to bidd on that job there i have been doing this for 15th yrs were i live if they want a good person to do the job right i can be reach at boochie2679@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broward County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BSO starts campaign against domestic violence (Oct '08) May 29 diver1 79
News Pastor Markus Bishop Arrested (Mar '08) Apr '15 Jezebel Ilena 742
Sheriff Scott Israel alleges juror misconduct i... Apr '15 PCPPD 1
News Twitter Use Among Doctors Stirs Controversy Feb '15 Asian guy 1
News Woman, 80, has Florida judge cracking up Feb '15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 3
News Woman, 80, Has Florida Judge Cracking Up Feb '15 Fundies R Mentall... 2
News Extra: More complaints against Florida's SunPas... (Sep '07) Jan '15 Laura 53
More from around the web