Aimee Lee Weiss, who as a teen strang...

Aimee Lee Weiss, who as a teen strangled her newborn and tossed body into canal, dies

There are 7 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Nov 2, 2012, titled Aimee Lee Weiss, who as a teen strangled her newborn and tossed body into canal, dies. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

Aimee Lee Weiss, who at 17 was accused of killing her newborn in a sensational Broward County case, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

Anonymous

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Nov 2, 2012
Aimee didn't strangle her baby, and authorities knew it, which is why she got off so lightly. Doctors testified that she had a confirmed medical condition that would cause a baby to be unable to breath when traveling through the birth canal. Left this part out of the article, didn't they?

If you knew Aimee, you would know she was nothing like the person described in these cheap Enquirer type articles. You can look in her eyes in this picture and see that. She was a very sweet little girl who got lost in the way so many in this world have over the years. Sometimes you just can't find your way back.

We'll always miss you Aimee, much love to you.
Friend

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Aimee didn't strangle her baby, and authorities knew it, which is why she got off so lightly. Doctors testified that she had a confirmed medical condition that would cause a baby to be unable to breath when traveling through the birth canal. Left this part out of the article, didn't they?
If you knew Aimee, you would know she was nothing like the person described in these cheap Enquirer type articles. You can look in her eyes in this picture and see that. She was a very sweet little girl who got lost in the way so many in this world have over the years. Sometimes you just can't find your way back.
We'll always miss you Aimee, much love to you.
Very well said! I wish some of these reporters knew her the way I did....She will forever be missed. I will be praying for her entire family!
Old friend

Gainesville, FL

#3 Nov 3, 2012
She was a very good person who didn't have a fighting chance at life based on her home situation. As a teenager, she wanted nothing more than a loving family. This entire story is just tragic.
long time friend

Houston, TX

#4 Nov 4, 2012
This is very tragic for many people especially those she left behind. I know she didn't strangle her baby and it is very sad that this is still how the news sees her. She will always have a place in my heart
Rip aimee

Stuart, FL

#5 Nov 6, 2012
Such a tragic life for a girl with a heart of gold. Love you Aimee always.
Rest In Paradise

Winter Garden, FL

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Aimee was most gentle girl that you could ever want to meet. She was meek and soft spoken and definitely wouldn't hurt her baby. In my opinion the media sensationalized her story, forcing the arm of the law (see the first comment about lenient sentencing). How could she ever be expected to come back from all that she went through at such a young age? Her family weren't exaxtly the Cleavers, either. The tragedy is her daughters don't get to grow up with their mother.These articles aim to drag her name through the mud. Way to kick people when they're down; really classy. Do you ever think of what her kids will see when they search their mother's name when they get a little older? Shame on these people. Give her and her family some peace.
KandT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Aimmie was a beautiful person with two beautiful daughters. You rarely meet someone of her caliber. She would do anything for anyone. We will miss her. " Hey guys" xoxoxo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broward County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Supreme Court Rules Medical Malpractice... Jun 12 Henrietta McClellan 1
News Pit bull ban: Ban pit bulls - they don't belong... (Jun '09) May '17 Love my pitties 1,039
News Coral Springs police chief says officer misused... (Mar '08) Apr '17 CutTheBlueLine 28
News Broward County: Federal prosecutors meet with S... (Aug '07) Jan '17 jim columbus 187
News Second woman sought in luxury watch thefts from... (Mar '16) Dec '16 lawyers indabag 6
News Extra: More complaints against Florida's SunPas... (Sep '07) Dec '16 Florida lanes suck 55
trump...try him out (Nov '16) Nov '16 fourtrump 1
More from around the web