Broward County schools' graduation requirements -- South Florid...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Here is a breakdown of requirements that students must meet to graduate: English: 4 credits Mathematics: 4 credits, including 1 credit in Algebra I or equivalent courses Science: 3 credits, including 2 credits ...
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated May 27, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New in Florida

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2007

Did I pick the wrong place. I'd like my kids to have a better education than they were in the so called, schools in Arizona, but this Fcrap test, what a joke. They told us that kids have to know and pass the test even tho their previous schools never covered this material. When you pass the test one year, then the next year you get a passing higher point grade, and are told by staff they passed, guess what, 6 months later you that the standards were raised. All this from an kid with all A's & B's. Then what do we do, we take away their future and the only reason for going to school. Ever here of class Tracks, we all don't have to get Regents diplomas, there has to be some other way.
BrwdTech

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2007

The truth about teachers...
We do care and that is the problem. We are treated like ***crap** daily and told we are not professionals and we don't deserve $$ if we can get A on the FCAT! WE are FORCED to teach students the skills required to "pass the fcat"/ if you think we like this test your DEAD wrong!! What you need to do is STOP blaming the teachers and start asking your government questions....STOP passing it off on the teachers. All we want to do is help our student to love learning, but everyday we are told to try this, try that, remediate this one, add this program, change the books, we don't have time for field trips, no time for fun, no time fo...it goes on and one....ASK YOUR CONGRESSMEN TO CHANGE!!! I love teaching, and I have a family too! I don't think we deserve to be paid less because the government is running the classroom!!
broward student

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

Well yes the education maybe not the greatest but here is the deal, broward county aparently cant seem to connect with the local universities to try to help their students improve their education that they somewhat give it to them in high school. Me being a early enrolled student and having the pressure to graduate and still at the same time complete my first year of college, they are not allowing me to walk with my graduating class cause I was not able to complete my high school english class...when i know for a fact that most students cant even pass the class in the normal level when I am a 4.1 cummulative student and now I cant walk..while some of my fellow students are walking with a 1.9..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••