There's a 'turkey crisis' in Broome, says Catholic Charities

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: Press & Sun-Bulletin

Six hundred turkeys. That's how many Catholic Charities of Broome County needs by end of day tomorrow, in order to fulfill the wish lists of all 2,200 families who need one for their Thanksgiving table.

Read more
Jerry Garcia

Elmira, NY

#1 Nov 17, 2012
I have a slight problem with Catholic Charities. They collect turkeys from citizens but take all the credit when passing them out to the needy people thus making themselves look like the ones that bought and paid for them. Give a little credit where it is due. Wegmans is another agency that does this. They post these big checks on their walls made out to other charities. The checks state that it is Wegmans that is making this donation when in fact it is their customers who pay into this at the checkout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broome County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Binghamton Group Introduces Anti-Racism Legisla... Mar 21 Jon D Moore 19
News DWI Watch: Driver stopped in Binghamtona Feb '15 Johnny Beergut 10
Is Tony Fiala a Sex Offender: Jan '15 jleplante 1
Tony Fiala Demanded Sex Physically restrained m... Nov '14 jleplante 1
News 'Baby Broomers' event brings back the old days Nov '14 GoodRiddance 1
News Editorial: Mistiming Seinfeld ticket sales is nota (Sep '14) Sep '14 BCVoice Guest 6
News Man pleads guilty to manslaughter in Binghamton... (Sep '14) Sep '14 roseyoung-stewart 1
More from around the web