ENDICOTT -- Police have identified Ju...

ENDICOTT -- Police have identified Justin J. Shafer, of North Loder...

There are 2 comments on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Jul 10, 2007, titled ENDICOTT -- Police have identified Justin J. Shafer, of North Loder.... In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

Police have identified Justin J. Shafer, of North Loder Avenue, Endicott, as the man who was found dead Sunday after a nearly 8 1/2-hour standoff with police. via Press & Sun-Bulletin

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

Elizabeth Shafer

Painted Post, NY

#1 Nov 1, 2007
He was dead the entire time.

He comitted suicide on the phone with me (his wife), approx. 10 minutes after I contacted the police (6am). The so-called "stand-off" was the police putting on a show. They had no regard for my husbands safety, only the safety of the neighborhood and themselves. They didn't even try to contact him for the first 4 hours!

God help the next person in crisis, that takes pills, or injurs themselves, and is bleeding or in cardiac arrest.

The police might just let them die a SLOW 9 HOUR DEATH!

My husband was a beautiful person, that would never hurt anyone. He just needed some help. Which is why I called the police. And they left him to look like a criminal or dangerous individual.

Again, he was deceased the ENTIRE TIME. You can't have a "stand-off" with out a second party.
Jolene Layton

Ithaca, NY

#2 Aug 20, 2012
Dear Elizabeth
I just so happened to come across this and wanted to thank you for setting the record straight. I grew up with Jay, he was a very dear person in my life and I cared about him a great deal. There have been many days and nights since his passing that I wondered and longed to know what happened. Asking just never seemed appropriate.

So again, thank you. While you may never read this, I guess I just wanted to say it. Jay was a beautiful person and he did need help as you said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broome County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Broome County (May '17) May '17 Janis 1
News Shooting Trial: Victim was ambushed, prosecutora (Mar '17) Mar '17 yidfellas v USA 1
News Sex Abuse: Dance teacher's sentencing today (Mar '17) Mar '17 OP GREYLORD 4
News Broome County Prepares For Arctic Blast (Mar '17) Mar '17 wettyqv5166wq 1
Seating at Broome County Forum (Mar '17) Mar '17 mech 1
News Broome to Declare Heroin a 'Health Emergency' (Jan '17) Jan '17 conklincolt 2
News 50 Front St. demolition set to start in spring (Dec '16) Dec '16 LOL 1
More from around the web