Capers Funye

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Can A Synagogue Give A Known Pimp An Aliya?

Sex-Trafficking-500Can a synagogue give a Torah honor to a known pimp? This question was asked of a gadol, leading haredi rabbi, and was answered. The answer may surprise you.

Sex-Trafficking-500

Can a synagogue give a Torah honor to a known pimp? This question was asked of a gadol (leading haredi rabbi) and was answered by him.

That rabbi was the Ben Ish Hai, Rabbi Yosef Haim ben Elijah Haham of Baghdad (1835-1909), the leading Sefardi haredi rabbi in the world and the Av Beit Din, president, of the Baghdad rabbinical court. His answer was published in a book of his responsa, Rav Pe'alim.

The question and his paraphrased answer posted below comes from Trafficking and Prostitution: Lessons from Jewish Sources, Naomi Graetz and Julie Cwikel, Australian Journal of Jewish Studies 20 [2006]: 25-58:

Question: What happens when there is only one Cohen in town and he happens to be a Shabbat violator, can he be called up to the Torah? And what happens if in this small town there is only one Levi and he is a pimp, can he be called up to the Torah for an aliya?

R. Joseph qualifies the question: it wasn’t stated if this is a pimp who practices exclusively among “goyim” or among Jews as well.“I will relate to both cases.” In the first case, if the clientele is non-Jewish the bottom line is that it is possible to honor the pimp. But in the second case,(if Jews are involved) if he brings a non-Jewish prostitute to Jews or Jewish women to non-Jews, he cannot be called up to the Torah.

But it is not easy to deny a Levi his honors and so R. Joseph in his final judgment writes that despite the fact that the profession of pimping is frowned upon, if it is just alleged that he deals in prostitution with Jews, he can still be honored.

`Another answer from me. A synagogue could give Jeffrey Dahmer aliyah because these aliens have nothing to do with the Israelites of the Bible. They believe the Israelites are gone and only the people of Judah are left. The whole thing is a sack of horsedung.
Capers Funye

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judah had 3 Canaanite kids so the first Jewish mother was a Canaanite.

Suppose I had 11 brothers and my parents obviously came from different families, how is it possible one or even three of those family members could start their own race?

If you just looked into it you would see the whole thing is lunacy. These people are Hollywood actors, liars, cartoon characters.

Its obvious that not many people have actually read the Bible and arent taking anyones opinion, but the so called Jews. What is a Jew?

I heard a woman on Catholic radio call Jesus a Jewish man. What does this mean? Did he not leave a tip at the falafel stand?

Being Jewish doesnt mean you are racially Israelite, it doesnt mean you are racially of Judah or the House of Judah because there was no such word as "JEW". Do you bloody lemmings understand?
Capers Funye

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Are you lemming readers starting to understand what Jews really think of you?

You really are lemmings you know? You trust people your own God told you not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brevard County Discussions

Search the Brevard County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WMMB Now Partnered With Jew Kosher Food 20 hr Gefilte Stench 24
Jewish Fortress For Criminals in Boca 20 hr Jordon Belfort 6
More reports of abuse at the notorious Bethel C... (Jun '10) Apr 22 Michael DeGroot 33
Media and Politicians Controlled by Jews Apr 22 Helen Thomas 2
Veterans are All Nazis Jewess Claims Apr 22 Kathy Belewemall 4
Bill Mick Kissing Up To Veterans He Lied To Apr 22 VeteransAgainst JewWar 13
Jewish KKK Shoots Jewish School Apr 22 Adam 36 38
•••
•••
•••
•••