Jail officers charged with selling contraband

Oct 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WAVE-TV Louisville

HARDINSBURG, KY Two corrections officers at the Breckinridge County Detention Center are accused of selling drugs and contraband tobacco to inmates.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2010
bbthing

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Ah, those small town politics.
yeah really

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Not a lot of information coming out about this yet and I wonder why? from what I have learned over the past week, this is just one of the problems going on down there. they caught these guys selling drugs inside the jail.. did they lock them up inside our jail or move them to another location? anyone know?
wookster

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

from WXBC's website:

BRECK DETENTION CENTER EMPLOYEES BECOME INMATES 10/13/2010

Two employees of the Breckinridge County Detention Center were arrested Wednesday morning and face charges of distributing drugs in the detention center.

County Jailer Allen Shrewsberry initiated an investigation, in September, into allegations that employees have been introducing controlled substances in the jail.

Kentucky State Police and Breckinridge County Sheriff’s Deputies have arrested Bill Reed and Joe Wade, both of Hardinsburg. Each is charged with trafficking in a controlled substance, promoting contraband, and official misconduct.

Shrewsberry told WXBC news the investigation is ongoing and additional charges against the men are possible.

Both Detention Center employees have been terminated and are now inmates at the county jail.
ever wonder

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

you know you post your comments but do you ever think about how the family is doing well let me tell you not good at all
Ummm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

They were housed there for about 5 hrs but transferred to another location
ever wonder

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

you know you want the truth they got booked at the other jail at 12:39 and 12:40. instead of worrying about that maybe you should worry with something else until they are proven guilty that was my family members and i am not taking this well because i knew nothing about it
breck co

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Its probably a good thing you didnt know anything about it or you might be behind bars along with them. You are right in the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty but this is breck co. There was in internal investigation into this from what i have learned over the past few months. The problem i have with this is this.. how did they get hired into the jail in the first place? isnt there a screaning for the job? can any joe-blow walk in off the street and get a job there? If they guys were selling drugs inside that jail, then they were getting them themselves somewhere right? I mean it really doesnt stop there does it? seems to me there are more involved here then the 2 of them.
So your best bet is to stay in the not knowing on this even if it is your family. I know you must be hurt over this. There are hundereds of other families through out this county who are devistated over a family members use or sell of drugs. You are in a long list of broken hearted family members now days. Drugs has seemed to taken over the minds of many and its a shame. We have to worry now about keeping our kids and grand kids free from any influences of drugs and knowing that its in our schools, and just about every street you turn on.
Then to add to a parents, grand parents nightmares, there are so many move in sex offenders in this county its scarey! we had enough of our own already. What do they do send out a message to all sex offenders, Move to breck co! its a safe haven for us to live in? Its to the point to where you are afraid leave your child after school for an activity without sitting there on guard with them to make sure they are ok. AND that is not saying our teachers or principles are not safe. I am saying that there are sex offenders living within 2 miles of the schools. Walking distance. Scary!
Sorry I didnt mean to go this far. Im sorry about this being your family. Take care of yourself.
Tony

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Judged:

I HOPE THEY FRY IF THEY ARE FOUND GUILTY !!!!!!!!!But if they are not then there seems to be an issue with the management of the jail? mabey its time for a change ! most of the time politicians get into a job and get comfortable with the idea they are GOD THERE. but then something like this comes up and its time for a change. so right here at election time mabey all us breck county voters should read this and do some soul searchin' then do something, instead of just bitching bout it !
whateverUthink

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

You cant change the jail unless someone steps up and runs against allen in the election in 4 years. No one came out against him this time so hes in for another term. From what i am reading and hearing about this issue is that its being delt with. I think they were arranged in court last week and charged with a felony. I havent heard how long they had worked at the jail and Ive never heard of them before. I think this goes on in a lot of the jails and prisons only they turn their heads and ignore the problem is there. I am glad to know that Allen did step up and make sure they were caught and prosicuted. Now how much time they do get or serve is to be seen. Had someone come to visit an inmate and brought in drugs they would be sent to LaGrange for years. If they are guilty and I do believe they are, they need to do some serious time. The police are on the roads digging to find these drugs and they are under their noses in the jail!
louisville

Drexel, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

i agree these dam people in breck. co think they can get by with anything and everything someone just needs to put a STOP to this crap that everyone is pulling
nana

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

First of all. One of them made the mistake of taking his medications to work with him and well the other I only know what I have heard. He had a prescription and they know this. Who doesn't take their medicine to work with them. I had a Grayson Co. deputy tell me she has done it several times. Don't judge ppl you don't know. Yes he made a mistake and regrets it terribly. Maybe they need to search their correctional officer's before they start work. Really should be mandatory for all jails since it seems to happen all the time. Family member's are very hurt by this, a family torn apart. Don't say someone should burn in hell because it could be one of your family member's.
mimi ashland ohio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

its not only drugs in breck co its crooked lawyers and judges this co is you scratch my back i will scrubyours thier is honest good people who have been hurt very badly by crooks thives that that are disgusted but are above the law what goes round comes what goes round comes round
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

How was Wade even able to work at the jail? I heard he plead guilty to having a meth pre-cursor a few years back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Breckinridge County Discussions

Search the Breckinridge County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
andrea tindle Jul 24 Lodiburgs Finest 1
Skanky slut, you know her? (Oct '12) Jul 21 Swinging Sally 3
Veteran hopes thieves who stole Purple Heart wi... Jul 21 lol 2
Jerome Corley Apr '14 Hmmmm 1
Owensboro Gains ABA Franchise (Aug '08) Apr '14 Lol 4
Drug Arrest in Lewisport, KY Apr '14 Xyz 3
Police officers accused in situation involving ... (Sep '13) Feb '14 Tattletale 7
•••
•••