Breathitt County Roads
Ms Road Rage

Lewisport, KY

#1 May 6, 2011
Breathitt county roads are in terrible shape some worse than others, the damage from the 2009 flood has never been properly taken care of as a result we have damage to our cars, roads falling into the creek 50 feet below, bottoming out every time we go to work or town, repeated calls to the road commission with no results only to be told the board voted to shut them down due to budget. I bet the road going to the board member homes and their families roads are in good repair, we're not asking for a nice new sparkling cement road just to be able to get back and forth to work without tearing up our cars or falling to our death while attempting these tasks.
Sincerly,
Ms. Road Rage.\
transplant woman

Rocky Ridge, OH

#2 May 10, 2011
The bad shape of roads in Breathitt shouldnt be a surprise to anyone who lives here. Unless you work for the road dept. or have some other courthouse connections your road will not be fixed. But for those few lucky people who know the right people you can get all the gravel and blacktop you want. Even blacktop around your barn......must be nice. Others have not had anything done to their road since the 2009 flood, then the road up Lick Branch Armory rd. was repaired by some workers from Wolf County road dept. Guess the two families who live up the head of the holler dont count.....until elections come around again.
offended by cowpath

Cromwell, IN

#3 May 15, 2011
The road (or cow path) going up quicksand from where Lambric post office use to be is offensive to me, no one care that there are human beings living in that area, yes you know this when it is election time, but you are too busy then putting gravel in prvate driveways with county trucks. I don't even live in the state and yet i know how it works. These people who live on this cow path are good people who don't vote to get their private driveway graveled. I believe that every state has laws to prevent vote buying, and if it were inforced, maybe some of the cow paths in that county could actually be made into roads, it is a shame, and I will start producing pictures all over the state of Ky. of the road on Quicksand soon, I am sick of good folk having to live that way, simply because of some elected officials who are suppose to fix these roads, but do absolutely nothing until time to get re elected.
mama bear

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2011
you got that right about these elected officals.the county judge,the magistrate in distict 4 ain't worth talking about.can't ever get to talk to ellis tincher,he is all the time out of town,out on the trailer lot,or he's gone for the day.a woman who works there says leave a message and i will give it to him.he never returns a phone call.every one that has any thing to do with the county roads are liars.they all will be judged some day and i hope God will judge them hard for treating some people like dirt.i can not wait for their indictments.i just hope and pray they all get what is long over due.
Mary Noble

Hyden, KY

#5 Feb 18, 2014
I have lived on and off in Barwick a small community in Breathitt Co for 20 years. As many others I have worked and paid something called state and county taxes for 20 years. The roads in this community is a complete and utter SHAME.... The road here was black topped 10 years ago for the simple reason they wouldn't have to maintain it as much. And as everyone knows things go bad over the years when it never gets any kind of work done to it. The highway here as holes as big as craters an I warn you, you drive from on end to the other you will have to have the front end on your car or truck worked on. The so called County Judge around election sends workers out to put loose gavel in the holes. Then when there Is death in ones family they WILL NOT COME SCRAPE AN SALT THE ROADS!!! So my driveway gets FUCKED up by the water running off the road from ditch lines that need cleaned out. and they wont fix my driveway for the simple reason it doesn't belong to the county. All I have to say to Breathitt Judge Harvey remember Boomer Lane is a private drive DONT COME IN MY YARD AND ASK ME OR MY FAMILY TO VOTE FOR YOU PEOPLE AND IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE. I did contact the Att. Generals office and he informed me to send pictures to the Kentucky Highway Dept. AND YOU BETTER BELIVE I AM IN THE PROCESS OF THAT NOW!!!! And one last thing.... THE NOBLE'S AND WHTE'S ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR JOHN LESTER SMITH!!!!!
do little

Martin, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2014
road hasnt being work on in 15 yrs
do little

Martin, KY

#7 Mar 7, 2014
do little wrote:
road hasnt being work on in 15 yrs
been "
crooks

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2017
All county do is misuse rual road aid gas tax funds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breathitt County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianne Clemons 19 hr Bad Boy 1
Does Christianne still cheat 20 hr Bad boy 1
Kelli Costello (Jan '15) 21 hr Bad boy 5
Breathitt County Music Forum (Feb '13) Aug 12 Musikologist 12
Justin Lockard on 205 (Apr '11) Aug 10 entertain me 5
Hoss Gayheart and Mike Mullins Aug 10 Loverboy 1
Rebecca Gayheart the slut of the county (Nov '15) Aug 7 wise outlook 12
More from around the web