anonymous

Nahunta, GA

#1 Sep 28, 2007
As a student or young person, you’ve undoubtedly had people, teachers, parents, or coaches tell you what you could do or day about something. You may have had someone tell you that you couldn’t express your opinion, especially about a controversial subject, such as violence among young people, war, or a government policy. But you do have a right to your opinions and a right to respectfully share them with others even in your public school.
This is especially important to know today: concerns over "school safety" especially following high profile school shootings, have led some schools to try to restrict or punish the speech or actions of the students even further. Schools may fear anything that they think could lead to violence- for instance fights between people or groups with very different opinions.
As you may know many young people at BCHS have been turning up pregnant these numbers are outrageous. As many abstinence prevention classes as the class of 2009 has had its still happening. Where is the youth of this generation going?!? They think its ok because everyone else is doing it...Its completely not. Everyone makes mistakes but we are making it look ok. It has went so overboard that one girl has even had to have a DNA test. These girls are getting a little PROMISCUOUS with there new found promiscuity.
Accepting pregnant teens back into high school is likely to encouraging them to keep having unsafe sex and getting pregnant. Emphasis should be put on preventing high school girls from being pregnant rather than accepting them back to school, a move which clearly indicates failure to maintain discipline in schools as observed by one analyst. I think that there should be a designated place for them to finish there schooling. It is a distraction to our youth. It is encouraging other students and peers to make the same mistake. I hope you readers as parents and students will agree.
Thanks,
Anonymous
Dixie

Nahunta, GA

#2 Oct 4, 2007
I for one think that pregnant or not any girl deserves the right to an education. Without an education they have no chance at a life. For them or there child. Messages are sent everyday through peers about sex. If the parents would take a stand instead of getting hook on drugs and shackin up with people the students might be different. You need to read futher in before writing something this stupid. THANKS!!!
subhunee

White House, TN

#3 Oct 11, 2007
I have a 16 year old niece that has a 10 month baby, goes to school and she and the father both work after school. That is more than I can say for some of our 20-30 year olds that want to live off the government their entire life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brantley County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conflict of interest Jul 11 John doe 3
The last word for the Ex-Red Mist (Apr '11) Feb '16 Goodness 14
Eggs (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mee 1
News NewKKK finds place to rally in Brantley County (Feb '10) Jul '15 TDS 44
Where is Everybody ? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hambone 1
Big Z (Oct '07) Nov '14 Iceman1 18
Brantley Drug Roundup (Oct '07) Sep '14 Stephen Beasley 29
More from around the web