NewSeptic tank floods hurt Satilla, s...

NewSeptic tank floods hurt Satilla, says riverkeeper

There are 2 comments on the Florida Times-Union story from Apr 19, 2009, titled NewSeptic tank floods hurt Satilla, says riverkeeper. In it, Florida Times-Union reports that:

The ongoing flooding along the Satilla River not only damaged houses and property, the flood also produced river contamination, an environmentalist claims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florida Times-Union.

i leave there

United States

#1 Jul 4, 2009
i went to te river and went swimming for 6 hours and 3 cays later had to go to the hospital for staf infection caused by what the doctors to me sevre expostion to highly toxic bactiria!!! so wht he is saying is true 100% the river is deadly and dangerous do to the fact of all the flooding
John

Fort Stewart, GA

#2 Apr 13, 2010
i leave there wrote:
i went to te river and went swimming for 6 hours and 3 cays later had to go to the hospital for staf infection caused by what the doctors to me sevre expostion to highly toxic bactiria!!! so wht he is saying is true 100% the river is deadly and dangerous do to the fact of all the flooding
I'm not surprised.........septic tanks & wells are all along the Satilla....and people live there....they get their water from the wells and use the septic tanks.....I would think when it floods...that would be all mixed in there together..... from what I have seen the water (when it's low) is all around them.....then when it floods guess where they are then and those people live down there, using the septic tanks and wells........must be some good stuff if you ask me.......at least that is some of what I have seen in the past......maybe some has changed........what you think??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brantley County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boots Harrison road (Feb '17) Apr 6 Patricia 2
15 year old boy went missing three weeks ago (Apr '17) Apr '17 A mama too 2
BARC Spay ghetti and No Ball dinner 4/1 (Mar '17) Mar '17 BARC 1
Brantley county pageant for the 7th and 8 grade... (Feb '12) Mar '17 Anonymous 3
by sex offender name.cbange (Feb '17) Feb '17 MAD REDNECK 1
News NewKKK finds place to rally in Brantley County (Feb '10) Dec '16 NC Girl 45
South Ga Men (Dec '16) Dec '16 NC Girl 1