Third witness comes forward in Foley ...

Third witness comes forward in Foley case

There are 23 comments on the Battle Creek Enquirer story from Jan 6, 2010, titled Third witness comes forward in Foley case. In it, Battle Creek Enquirer reports that:

A third person has reported seeing a white car outside a Branch County home the day Union City school teacher Dee Dee Foley was murdered inside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Battle Creek Enquirer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beverly Hughes

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jan 19, 2010
There is a lot more to this story than we have been told ,,,,I will always say that tom did not do this ...why wasent it reported when the lady from burlington said she saw a car also seems like a cover up..now another person saw a car in the driveway ..i sure hope they have another trial which will in turn cost us taxpayers more money so sad
tomsucks

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 27, 2010
they are grabbing at air trying to prove tha a car was there.. maybe it was dar's sisters husbands brother that was locked away in prison... oh wait no.... hmmm maybe the old lady driving down the backroads that is an execptional judge of character in a split second saw something... or heck maybe it was the easter bunny...hmm nope. i hope they arrest his mother for tampering with a witness in a criminal investigation... wonder how much of dar's life insurance policy got spent bribing their witness... probably not much because 2 days after buring dar tom was screwing a new girl in the livingroom of the house where his wife just got murdered.. but even better he was watching a movie on his 3 day old plasma tv he bought.. the guy is a loser and a murderer get over it tomsucks point blank and simple.
off

Coldwater, MI

#3 Mar 7, 2010
The Coldwater Daily Reporter's on line poll said 82% believing Tom Foley should have a new trial. This is not a real supportive statement about the legal workings of this case. The people deserve confidence in the verdict.
Mark

San Francisco, CA

#4 Mar 11, 2010
What was the outcome of the latest evidentiary hearing? Will Tom Foley get anoher trial? I've followed this case from the beginning and am shocked Mr. Foley was found guity. This man deserves another trial, one that allows all the evidence and witnesses to be presented!
off wrote:
The Coldwater Daily Reporter's on line poll said 82% believing Tom Foley should have a new trial. This is not a real supportive statement about the legal workings of this case. The people deserve confidence in the verdict.
off

Coldwater, MI

#5 Mar 12, 2010
No outcome as of yet. The judge has to think about it. I have no idea how long he will take. Someone else might know an alleged date....But he is going to say no. The paper reported that the judge had stated he was guilty before the trial was over but that he would let the jury make up its own mind…..
Union City 1973

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2010
Mr. Thomas Weir Foley,
I find it appalling that you continue your quest for innocence. Life in prison is what you deserved for your actions and what a jury of your peers confirmed. Your son deserves the money that you are squandering on your attempt for a retrial. Do you ever consider the damage you caused to your son, your family, Dee Dee’s family, even an entire community? Were you jealous of her success, her ability to share her love of life with others? Man-up and accept the consequences of your actions, it was you that walked into the bathroom February 7th, held the shotgun to your wife’s head and pulled the trigger, you know it, we know it and God knows it.

Dee Dee hid a lot of the problems in your life on the hope that you would change, unfortunately that helped lead to her demise.

I knew her family well and I was fortunate to be a part of it years ago. Let Dee Dee rest in peace, let Heath flourish in the love he is surrounded by, let those heal as best they can that you forever damaged. Do the right thing for once.

I am sure I speak for many,

We All Know the Truth

off

Coldwater, MI

#7 Mar 24, 2010
A new trial has been granted.
All of Us

Fort Collins, CO

#8 Mar 25, 2010
To Union City 1973. Spot on. She protected him from everything, but she cannot do that now. He rid himself of her that he might choose something other for himself, because he didn't have the courage to take responsibility for his choices. He took the coward's way out and wants everyone's compassion, support, and for them to believe he is innocent, so that he might continue to have the good things she brought to his life. He should have learned long ago that it doesn't work that way. No one believes his lies any longer, and she isn't here to validate them with her faith in him. He is alone in that quest, and continues to act selfishly by hurting those left behind. Should we be surprised? Only that anyone that knows the family at all would fail to know the truth. This is not a innocent man seeking vindication, it is rather just exactly what the jury of 12 saw it to be.
off

Coldwater, MI

#9 Mar 25, 2010
The verdict was overturned; the conviction no longer stands. The judge said that a jury likely would have acquitted Mr. Foley if they had heard these “new” witnesses’ statements. Tom Foley is again presumed innocent until he is convicted, but this time the jury will hear more testimony. Why would anyone object to a trail with new information being used? I can not see how justice would be served any other way.

I do want an accurate verdict. I really don’t care what peoples opinions are on who did it. I want the truth and I want to have confidence in the verdict. A new trail is the only way the might happen. I am sorry if that upsets someone but it is the way it must be.
part of us

United States

#10 Mar 29, 2010
The verdict has not been overturned, he may get a new trial. If you are really interested in the granting of this new trial, you need to read the full motion. The prosecution and Michigan State police were not found to be at fault. They did there job. If you just sit and listen to the news and read the newspapers you don't know the whole truth to all of these ridiculous comments about his innocence. You weren't there to see his behavior, things he did, stuff he said. You weren't in the court room everyday, you don't know all the evidence that was presented. There is not one shred of doubt in my mind he did it. He thought he would get away with it. You really have to stop and think did I really know Tom at all? All these cars and they took a playstation and razor and shaving cream?
off

Coldwater, MI

#11 Mar 29, 2010
http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20...
“A judge today granted convicted Branch County murderer Thomas Foley a new trial. In a 14-page opinion, Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Conrad Sindt found that new evidence presented after the trail in Coldwater last fall was enough to reverse the jury conviction and retry Foley for the murder of his wife, DeeDee Foley.”
“This court is satisfied that, if a jury presented with the testimony of Janette Moor and Jacklyn Gibson, together with all the other evidence in this case including the testimony of Kenneth Brownell, the jury would probably acquit the defendant when this case is tried again.”

I do not know if he is guilt or not but he does deserve a fair trail, with all of the known facts being heard. Why are you against that?
off

Coldwater, MI

#12 Apr 12, 2010
This would definately be another step in the right direction;

http://www.thedailyreporter.com/features/x998...
Justice1

Seattle, WA

#13 Jul 31, 2010
Now that Judge Sindt ordered a new trial, now the politics begin...the PC from Coldwater is now interested in protecting her political career by the insistance of a restraint on a new trial. The SP & PC's office did a 'predetermined' investigation, and now it's protect the ol' behind time.
Reality Check

Morocco, IN

#14 May 18, 2011
Wow! I disagree with those who think that he is guilty and had fair trial and a proper investagation! Thoe witness that said that they saw a white car came out at the beginning and the state police chose ignore them! I don't know if he is guilty or not but I do know that he didn't have a fair tiral in the since that he was guilty before his trial even started! He didn't have a chanse to be innocent until found guilty he had to prove his innocence! Our system is messed up that way! BTW Guiard road is NOT just any backroad! It is a main road for those who are going to and from Union City and many other of the surrounding areas! I drive that road and my entire family are on that road and drive right past their house at least three times a week if not more! However I do feel bad for Heath and her family but I know that there are members of her family that believe that he is innocent! And from what I've been told she wasn't shot in the bathroom and many of your other so called fact are incorrect! So maybe you shouldn't be as concered with someone's spelling and grammer as you are in relaying your so called facts!
Reality Check

United States

#15 May 18, 2011
BTW I'm actually from Quincy!
Just wondering

Sylva, NC

#16 Jun 6, 2011
Just wondering if anything new has happened since 2010. Has there been a new trial yet and does anyone know when it might be if there hasn't been a new trial? I'm in N.C( but born and bred in Coldwater) and don't hear all the news.
John Wellet

Coldwater, MI

#17 Jul 7, 2011
Why not use your real name, coward! There were breakin's on Girard Rd back in Oct, Nov & Dec, why not investigate those?
You are a mean spirited person, use your name coward!
tomsucks wrote:
they are grabbing at air trying to prove tha a car was there.. maybe it was dar's sisters husbands brother that was locked away in prison... oh wait no.... hmmm maybe the old lady driving down the backroads that is an execptional judge of character in a split second saw something... or heck maybe it was the easter bunny...hmm nope. i hope they arrest his mother for tampering with a witness in a criminal investigation... wonder how much of dar's life insurance policy got spent bribing their witness... probably not much because 2 days after buring dar tom was screwing a new girl in the livingroom of the house where his wife just got murdered.. but even better he was watching a movie on his 3 day old plasma tv he bought.. the guy is a loser and a murderer get over it tomsucks point blank and simple.
Ralff

Coldwater, MI

#18 Jul 12, 2011
Just wondering wrote:
Just wondering if anything new has happened since 2010. Has there been a new trial yet and does anyone know when it might be if there hasn't been a new trial? I'm in N.C( but born and bred in Coldwater) and don't hear all the news.
New trial starts today.
http://wincountry.com/news/articles/2011/jul/...
just wondering

Webster, NC

#19 Jul 12, 2011
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
New trial starts today.
http://wincountry.com/news/articles/2011/jul/...
thanks so much for letting me know. Keep me posted in ongoing news about this. Thanks
Ralff

Coldwater, MI

#20 Jul 14, 2011
Keep watching this thread and the Battle Creek Enquirer for the latest. The second trial in now (finally) under way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branch County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested in meth bust on Coldwater's e... (Jun '15) Jun '15 finally10 1
News Local McDonald's owners continue support for ch... (Jan '08) Feb '15 Elise Gingerich 2
Vehicle In Branch County Accident Being Sought (Feb '15) Feb '15 sam 2 5
News AUDIO: Stand-off and armed robbery suspect to f... (Jul '14) Jul '14 kerry galinis 1
News Man Arrested for Attempted Abduction (Jul '09) Jan '13 Samantha 7
News Christmas Food Distribution Tomorrow (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ispeakthetruth 1
News Body found near Coldwater (May '09) Aug '12 wow 38
More from around the web