Starke Man in Jail for Child Abuse

Starke Man in Jail for Child Abuse

There are 2 comments on the WRUF-AM Gainesville story from May 8, 2009, titled Starke Man in Jail for Child Abuse. In it, WRUF-AM Gainesville reports that:

A Starke man is in jail after admitting to abusing an 8-month-old boy. 28-year-old Ryan Wesson was arrested Tuesday for an incident stemming from May 1st, which caused severe injuries to the child, who is his girlfriend's son.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRUF-AM Gainesville.

lilimae

Arlington, VA

#1 May 27, 2009
Where is Mommy, and why is she not in jail? Both of her son's were born drug addicted, grandma has the 6 year old, why was Jeanie allowed to keep baby? She still is using,even tho DHFS is supposed to be looking out for this poor little boy.
anonomous_know mom dad

Gainesville, FL

#2 Mar 20, 2011
I don't particularly like Jeanie, but it is very rude to post comments that don't have anything to do with the above story. Whether or not the mothers' children came out 'addicted' doesn't pertain to this story. Neither does the fact of where her other (adorable & delightful) son is, nor who's custody he is in, nor why--none of it has to do with the fact that the father (that I'm also not particularly keen on) is being charged with child abuse charges. The mother was not there when the baby was abused, so why should she be charged? & since when was it a crime to have an addictive type personality? People have problems. Maybe she should take more steps to be a better mother, but however she is not on trial for that, & nor do I think her private affairs should be publicly announced (it's rude to air someones' dirty laundry--which we All have!).
Besides, Ryan Wesson is now dead, so maybe everyone can find something else to gossip about. God bless the poor innocent child who was harmed. However, let us not begin throwing stones in blind hatred & retaliation! Isn't that close to something Jesus would say? God bless All. Peace to All. No one is perfect. Let he among you, cast the first stone.(Don't hurt or shake babies, though! No matter what! Call someone if a baby is getting to be too much to handle! Call a hot line if there is no one that you can or want to call! But DO NOT SHAKE BABIES! It's a permanent solution, to a temporary problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citizens Freedom Party (Jan '17) Jan '17 Citizens Freedom ... 1
News Two more Bradford High students arrested in gan... (Mar '10) May '16 Starke mom 16
News Bradford County Residents Receptive To Phosphat... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Jonathon 2
News A Public Monument to Atheism-In Florida (Jun '13) Dec '14 anonymous 20
State Road 100 west (Dec '14) Dec '14 janice johns 1
News Man stabbed at Lake Butler house party (Sep '14) Sep '14 justin 2
News Atheists sue Florida County to remove Ten Comma... (May '12) Dec '13 Strel 193
More from around the web