North Fla. county to allow atheist mo...

North Fla. county to allow atheist monument

There are 2 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Jun 6, 2013, titled North Fla. county to allow atheist monument. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

This small county has reached a deal to let a national organization install a 1,500-pound granite bench near an existing Ten Commandments monument that prompted a lawsuit after it was installed last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

Lin

Amelia, OH

#1 Jun 8, 2013
JUST WHAT KIND OF COUNTY ARE WE MOVING INTO??? One with a choice. Ya gotta serve somebody says the Bible and Bob Dylan. Guess Bradford County Florida puts the choice right up front and bold. Glad the atheist are going to pay for the upkeep for their bench. Glad they are going to advertise for the Lord by putting the punishments for breaking the Commandments. Gives us all a good reminder WE HAVE A CHOICE.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Dec 4, 2013
Too chickenshit to just tell the Fundamentalists that they have to obey the law just like everyone else, this deal opens the door for anyone else to come in and demand a monument.
\
They either got some real bad legal advice, or they ignored some good advice.

Knowing Bradford county, I'm going with the latter.

Morons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citizens Freedom Party (Jan '17) Jan '17 Citizens Freedom ... 1
News Two more Bradford High students arrested in gan... (Mar '10) May '16 Starke mom 16
News Bradford County Residents Receptive To Phosphat... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Jonathon 2
News A Public Monument to Atheism-In Florida (Jun '13) Dec '14 anonymous 20
State Road 100 west (Dec '14) Dec '14 janice johns 1
News Man stabbed at Lake Butler house party (Sep '14) Sep '14 justin 2
News Atheists sue Florida County to remove Ten Comma... (May '12) Dec '13 Strel 193