P&Z sets conditions for Cheddar's sit...

P&Z sets conditions for Cheddar's site plan

There are 10 comments on the The Advocate Online story from Jul 5, 2012, titled P&Z sets conditions for Cheddar's site plan. In it, The Advocate Online reports that:

Another portion of the plans to bring Cheddar's Casual Cafe to the South Danville Bypass gained approval Tuesday from the Danville-Boyle County Planning and Zoning, but the company must meet a list of conditions in order for the site plan to be official.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate Online.

Dr Phil

London, KY

#1 Jul 5, 2012
6 million in sales? 400 seats? 200 employees? What kind of crack is this cat from Cheddars smoking? You could take the two busiest restaurants in Danville, add them together and not get $120,000 a week. He's just filling the ears of the city with a bunch of smoke... or more likely, something a lot browner, If you know what I mean. Hahaha
ok

United States

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Dr Phil wrote:
6 million in sales? 400 seats? 200 employees? What kind of crack is this cat from Cheddars smoking? You could take the two busiest restaurants in Danville, add them together and not get $120,000 a week. He's just filling the ears of the city with a bunch of smoke... or more likely, something a lot browner, If you know what I mean. Hahaha
Exactly. Over the years I have watched many restaurants come to Danville, start off strong and eventually close because really, after the initial check-ins on Facebook are complete with photos of people having fun eating there together, no on cares anymore.

Haha Eddie montgomeries was going to be a huge success, remember???

I got news for ya. Cheddars sucks. It is seriously not that great.

I give it 2 years and no one will care anymore.

400 seats. Yeah. Ok. Everyone will suddenly start driving to Danville to eat there and shop at Walmart. Please.
James

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2012
I for one am excited about this! Cheddars is a great alternative to same old O'Charleys or Applebees and they are cheaper!!!! I see them doing very well here!
hell yea

Danville, KY

#4 Jul 6, 2012
planning and zonin will run them off just like eddys if eddys had been put where he wanted if would stay busy

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Jul 6, 2012
hell yea wrote:
planning and zonin will run them off just like eddys if eddys had been put where he wanted if would stay busy
No, Eddie's would stay busy if their food was good, if their service was good and if their prices weren't so high. All of that has nothing to do with P&Z. Those things would probably still exist had they built it in Danville. It's a poorly-run business to say the least.
yes

Macon, GA

#6 Jul 6, 2012
PZ always runs people out.
nate

United States

#7 Jul 6, 2012
P&Z totally effed my cuz on the tobacco store he wanted to own.
Ocharleys

United States

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Did u ever notice ocharley actually has poor service and the food is mediocre at best. Besides I am sure if you speak to any former staff- they will tell you after they go outside for their 50th smoke break- they do not rush to sinks and wash hands before touching plates and service. Gross.
Ocharleys

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Just be glad you will have another choice in Danville. Applebee's does more business but seriously aren't you people sick of the same ole crap food? There is no Thai food or good Italian foods either.. Never mind REAL Spanish food( not talking Mexican either). There is no culture in Danville- it shows in the cheap American fat filled fried food diets and everyday service we have come to expect from our eateries. Yuk.
ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Over the years I have watched many restaurants come to Danville, start off strong and eventually close because really, after the initial check-ins on Facebook are complete with photos of people having fun eating there together, no on cares anymore.
Haha Eddie montgomeries was going to be a huge success, remember???
I got news for ya. Cheddars sucks. It is seriously not that great.
I give it 2 years and no one will care anymore.
400 seats. Yeah. Ok. Everyone will suddenly start driving to Danville to eat there and shop at Walmart. Please.
P and Z Sux

Danville, KY

#10 Nov 2, 2012
The whole concept is folly. Houston Tx has defied the trend of planning and zoning and is doing quite well Thank You very much. Too much power in the hands of too few people. Capitalism needs freedom to reap it's greatest reward. I agree we don't need pig farrowing operations in the middle of a subdivision, but the restrictions set forth by Boyle County Planning and Zoning are ridiculous. I can't understand how this insipid organization ever came into existence. When a person buys a piece of land it should be theirs to do with as they please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ty Williams (Feb '17) Nov 7 Thoughtoftheday 2
News Ky. inmates not happy with private company's pr... (Oct '09) Nov 7 Taxpayer 62
News Woman found dead on Danville roadside (Jul '13) Nov 2 Tata 464
Jail abuse Oct 21 Ugh 2
jerushia Fitzgerald drug bust Oct '17 pod boss 1
News Zach Summers, 23, Campbellsville, KY/Boyle Coun... Sep '17 Jenny coomer 1
Phil Sammons-Boyle County Magistrate Sep '17 Luanne 2
More from around the web