Man fires shots during standoff

Man fires shots during standoff

There are 13 comments on the The Advocate Online story from Dec 13, 2011, titled Man fires shots during standoff. In it, The Advocate Online reports that:

A Boyle County man was arrested early Tuesday morning after a standoff that included firing shots at police in an apparent attempt to draw their fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate Online.

Juytee46

United States

#1 Dec 13, 2011
Kinda makes you wonder where the junction city police department was ! But it's good to know that if anything happens in junction that you have to wait on another police department to respond . I'm just glad nobody was really hurt . Way to go JCPD !!!
JD Clampet

Clarksville, TN

#2 Dec 13, 2011
At least the sheriff boys came and took care of that idiot. Cant believe they didnt shoot him. Good job boys.
WESTSIDE

Newburgh, IN

#3 Dec 13, 2011
JD Clampet wrote:
At least the sheriff boys came and took care of that idiot. Cant believe they didnt shoot him. Good job boys.
Who was it?I saw a state trooper go out white oak about 7:30 a.m.he had his lights on.
Juytee46

United States

#4 Dec 14, 2011
If he would have shot at the police they would have shot back , if the ksp was there an if he shoot at them the ksp would have shot back .
boyle county

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Dec 16, 2011
I agree with juytee46. If he had shot at police they would have fired back at him. I think this is a case that has gotten blown out of proportion by a small town hillbilly police force.
Juytee46

Birmingham, AL

#6 Dec 16, 2011
The junction city police wasn't even there ! If anything ever happens to my family and the Boyle county sheriff's office has to be called for it cause there's no junction police around . Thy sht will hit the fan ! An it's gonna be a big fckin fan !
Uncle BS

Winchester, KY

#7 Feb 27, 2013
You are all a bunch of retards. First of all it was on Oscar johnson. several miles outside of JCPD territory. Blown out of proportion by everybody. So the Coffman bros. locked them self in the house with a gun. Who cares leave them alone.

“I hate ugly”

Since: Dec 12

danville

#8 Feb 27, 2013
it was mo tryna kill another cop
Haha

Newburgh, IN

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Uncle BS wrote:
You are all a bunch of retards. First of all it was on Oscar johnson. several miles outside of JCPD territory. Blown out of proportion by everybody. So the Coffman bros. locked them self in the house with a gun. Who cares leave them alone.
Now,who is the retard? You are writing on a thread that was started in 2011 about an entirely different incident. Now,who looks like the fool? Haha!
Arlo McGowan

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Leave those guys alone! They were at home. Don't need social services medaling n their business. I can c y the cops would have a problem if they were n public or even outside but they were n there own home. Not bothering anyone n not asking for trouble! But it came to their door....twice! Once social services then ego driven pigs with no sense of of the law. They have every right to bear arms. They have every right to protect their home. Headlines shoulda read....SEVERAL KILLED WHILE BEIN NOSEY! Leave them boys alone. Now they get to go to prison while the nosey pricks get to go home to their families! NO JUSTICE THERE!
youbstupid

Versailles, KY

#11 Mar 12, 2013
Juytee46 wrote:
The junction city police wasn't even there ! If anything ever happens to my family and the Boyle county sheriff's office has to be called for it cause there's no junction police around . Thy sht will hit the fan ! An it's gonna be a big fckin fan !
The shit will hit the fan.So what are you going to do? Get on topix and complain about it.I'm sure it should be a big fan because you seem to be a big turd.
Soothsayer

Winchester, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2013
youbstupid wrote:
<quoted text>The shit will hit the fan.So what are you going to do? Get on topix and complain about it.I'm sure it should be a big fan because you seem to be a big turd.
You sure told that sumbitch that posted 2 years ago ! LMAO
mytwocents

Corbin, KY

#13 Mar 15, 2013
Arlo McGowan wrote:
Leave those guys alone! They were at home. Don't need social services medaling n their business. I can c y the cops would have a problem if they were n public or even outside but they were n there own home. Not bothering anyone n not asking for trouble! But it came to their door....twice! Once social services then ego driven pigs with no sense of of the law. They have every right to bear arms. They have every right to protect their home. Headlines shoulda read....SEVERAL KILLED WHILE BEIN NOSEY! Leave them boys alone. Now they get to go to prison while the nosey pricks get to go home to their families! NO JUSTICE THERE!
I agree with you. Things were blown way out of proportion! The sad part, is now they have been victimized by the system. Yes they are a little slow but they have functioned for how many years before this with no problems. This is a perfect example of how system wants to tell you how high to jump & you ask how high, BUT this time someone bucked. These guys have been used to fending for themselves & that means protecting from outsiders. To them it doesn't matter what kind of clothing you have, you are all the same "Outsiders". Outsiders have evidently not been helpful throughout the years so why would they think they would be now!

If the truth be told there was some comment or innuendo made by the first visitors that made them feel threatened.

The best thing the neighbors could do is pass the hat and get money together and bring them back home. That would be a good place to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boyle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boyle County Music Forum (Feb '13) Oct '16 Musikologist 11
William Ford (Keithe) Oct '16 Just Curious 1
News Danville, Ky. man accused of beating child for ... Oct '16 hello 2
bad car accident in boyle co. Oct '16 Rita Mae 2
Forkland Music Thread (Apr '16) Oct '16 Musikologist 3
News News 14 mins ago 10:54 a.m.KSP looking for miss... Sep '16 truth 6
what happened to maddie brockman? Jun '16 Neal Cox 2
More from around the web