Paris police: Body found by child rul...

Paris police: Body found by child ruled a suicide

There are 24 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Paris police: Body found by child ruled a suicide. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Paris police have determined that a man found dead by an 11-year-old boy Friday night in a wooded area in Bourbon County committed suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
link

Middletown, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2008
May god bless the young boy who found you, I hope your pain is gone.

“Howdy from K-Jones!”

Since: Apr 08

[email protected]

#2 Sep 11, 2008
In the original publication of the article, it stated that the name would be released on Tuesday (Sept 2nd). I have not found an update to this news story.

It's as if it has fallen through the cracks and isn't news-worthy.

why all the hush-hush?

“Concerned Citizen - PKY”

Since: May 08

PKY

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Karen May Jones wrote:
In the original publication of the article, it stated that the name would be released on Tuesday (Sept 2nd). I have not found an update to this news story.
It's as if it has fallen through the cracks and isn't news-worthy.
why all the hush-hush?
I didn't see anthing either. But, I did see an obituary around that time and the last name was Haight.

“Concerned Citizen - PKY”

Since: May 08

PKY

#4 Sep 12, 2008
Haight, Robert
August 29, 2008

Arrangements are incomplete

www.lusk-mcfarland.com

Visitor Book for Robert Haight

A A A
Paris, Ky

To the family that never cared, may the demons who haunted Bob on earth vanish as he goes to GOD. And he has gone to Heaven to be with his maker, as Jesus forgives all, no matter the sin. Mental illness is forgiven and a living hell on earth for those who suffer. Bob suffers no longer for he is with his maker.......
Stones

Middletown, NY

#5 Sep 21, 2008
I don't think anyone should be critizing a family that they never knew. If you were a real Christian you would not throw stones. Get the facts before accusing. I know his family is and they are devastated.

“Howdy from K-Jones!”

[email protected]

#6 Sep 21, 2008
-the media promised to update the situation. I am not accusing the family of anything, assuming you are referring to the news post I put up on the board.

The whole idea about facts is that there WEREN'T ANY! That's what the inquiry was for.

The news media jumped all over it and then dismissed a followup. I find that rather disrespectful of the NEWS teams in general.

I don't see where anyone on the forum has criticized the family or their involvment in this sad story.

[email protected] you were a REAL CHRISTIAN. What the heck are you on about. I'm certainly not perfect, but I am not out to hurt the hurting.

You've obviously read the wrong inflection in the words I've published. Again, assuming you are referring to the news I posted.

Seeing as you didn't quote any particular message, maybe your post was meant for another thread. That's likely the case, as we all make mistakes.
Stones wrote:
I don't think anyone should be critizing a family that they never knew. If you were a real Christian you would not throw stones. Get the facts before accusing. I know his family is and they are devastated.
Stones

Middletown, NY

#7 Sep 22, 2008
The message was relating to the post from A A A Paris, Ky. Sorry, if you took offense. The fact remains that the press didn't follow up and that the wife and inlaws refused to id the body. The deceased ex-wife, his children, parents and siblings were left in limbo for weeks. Alittle odd that the wife wouldn't id the body don't you think?
I May Know

Berea, KY

#8 Sep 22, 2008
To "Stones" and "Karen May Jones"...were any of you there at the place of the suicide that night? Do you know any specifics surrounding the case? The only thing "ODD" around here is the people who think they know everything and know nothing. That is the problem with this town, no one knows anything but the gossip is running rampant.
stones

Middletown, NY

#9 Sep 22, 2008
To "I May Know"
No I was not at the place of the suicide that night? Were you? If you were please enlighten us all. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but I think we would all like to know the specifics. I can tell you that I know the wife would not id the body. That all arrangements were left to his ex-wife, children and the his parents. All I am saying is don't criticize people that you don't know or relationships that you don't know especially when people have lost a loved one.
paris pride

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Oct 12, 2008
i think god is the only JUDGE !!!and my heart and prayers go out to his children..May you find comfort in JESUS....
His Daughter

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Mar 7, 2009
It is no of your business and i asked them not to because he has 7 kids that didnt need his name smeared all over.
been on the edge

Berea, KY

#12 Mar 7, 2009
Concerned Citizen - PKY wrote:
Haight, Robert
August 29, 2008
Arrangements are incomplete
www.lusk-mcfarland.com
Visitor Book for Robert Haight
A A A
Paris, Ky
To the family that never cared, may the demons who haunted Bob on earth vanish as he goes to GOD. And he has gone to Heaven to be with his maker, as Jesus forgives all, no matter the sin. Mental illness is forgiven and a living hell on earth for those who suffer. Bob suffers no longer for he is with his maker.......
What a kind post...
blessthem

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Mar 8, 2009
So sorry for your loss.
unknown

Flemingsburg, KY

#14 Mar 9, 2009
his wife is not a very good woman. She has about 7 kids all have been taken away...God Bless her...& God Bless Robert Height. He was a pretty good guy...but I'm suspecting fowl play...but nobody wants to listen to that...

“Howdy from K-Jones!”

[email protected]

#15 May 15, 2009
unknown wrote:
his wife is not a very good woman. She has about 7 kids all have been taken away...God Bless her...& God Bless Robert Height. He was a pretty good guy...but I'm suspecting fowl play...but nobody wants to listen to that...
What do you mean by "nobody" ??
Cofste

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2011
That was my brother who found Mr. Height. we never knew him very well.
uhm

Paris, KY

#17 Mar 21, 2011
To the one who says may you find comfort in Jesus. Those who commit suicide will not know the Lord. Now if there is foul play that statement could be recognized!
hellnaw

United States

#18 Mar 25, 2011
uhm wrote:
To the one who says may you find comfort in Jesus. Those who commit suicide will not know the Lord. Now if there is foul play that statement could be recognized!
if it means I won't have to be involved with this jesus bullsht then I will go purchase a gun tomorrow.
Please go stick your crucifix into your hairy neglected assshole before you say suicides go to 'hell' there is no hell, there is no fcking contest to see who chose the right religion, to me, hell is hearing this christian spewing hatred everywhere I go.
The christians say "Meh, I'm going to a special place and you're not! Meh! Because I ask god to forgive me every night before bed, for touching kids, so he promised to save me a spot!"
Why can't anyone be a good person for the sake of being good?!? Why do we have to fear punishment and expect a reward from an imaginary being? You make me sick!!
sis

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Mar 25, 2011
patty weaver is so nasty she drinks and does drugs, so if she says she reads the bible and goes to church she is a lier. all she knows how to do is talk bad about people and get them fired from there jobs and tries to take your man, so watch out she will come after you like a herd of elephants. RUN!!!!!!!!!!
its me

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Mar 29, 2011
hellnaw wrote:
<quoted text> if it means I won't have to be involved with this jesus bullsht then I will go purchase a gun tomorrow.
Please go stick your crucifix into your hairy neglected assshole before you say suicides go to 'hell' there is no hell, there is no fcking contest to see who chose the right religion, to me, hell is hearing this christian spewing hatred everywhere I go.
The christians say "Meh, I'm going to a special place and you're not! Meh! Because I ask god to forgive me every night before bed, for touching kids, so he promised to save me a spot!"
Why can't anyone be a good person for the sake of being good?!? Why do we have to fear punishment and expect a reward from an imaginary being? You make me sick!!
hey ijust wont yu to know you are one sick man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bourbon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Mar '17 Idk 1
Little Rock Music Thread (Apr '16) Mar '17 Musikologist 4
Bourbon County Music Forum (Feb '13) Mar '17 Musikologist 13
Findagrave.com Mar '17 Billy Rush 1
Home wreckers Mar '17 Fireball 1
keep my husbands name out of your mouth (Jun '13) Mar '17 Nah 5
News Teen Wanted In Paris Hit & Run Incident Turns H... (Jan '10) Feb '17 hotdog 36
More from around the web