Teen sentenced in Lafayette woman's m...

Teen sentenced in Lafayette woman's murder

There are 56 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 21, 2007, titled Teen sentenced in Lafayette woman's murder. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Jared Guy, 18, received a sentence of 6 months in jail with work release, 6 months of electronic home monitoring and 3 years of probation - a sentence which was sought by the prosecution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BILL

Littleton, CO

#1 Sep 21, 2007
THATS IT. FOR GODS SAKE SEND A MESSAGE TO OTHERS WHO ARE AWARE OF HORRIFIC CRIMES AND DONT COME FORWARD TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT. YOU GOT LUCKY BUD! ID OF GIVEN YOU MORE!
Watching the Watchdog

Boulder, CO

#2 Sep 21, 2007
What a tragic story all around. A mother's life ended unnecessarily and violently; a young woman left without a mother;and young men who have destroyed their own lives.
westygirl

Denver, CO

#3 Sep 21, 2007
i dont know why he is sobbing...he got off easy.
Figures

Aurora, CO

#5 Sep 21, 2007
They prosecuters never give them what they deserve ! I am so sick of reading all these stories where the suspects get the easiest sentence. Makes me sick..
Figures

Aurora, CO

#6 Sep 21, 2007
** oops i meant to say .. The **
Collin

Denver, CO

#7 Sep 21, 2007
westygirl wrote:
i dont know why he is sobbing...he got off easy.
Those are tears of happiness...
SEC

Glenwood Springs, CO

#8 Sep 21, 2007
Let's hope the main defendants get more than a slap on the wrist that the other two received, 4 yrs and 2 yrs respectively for murder is a joke...
OMG

United States

#9 Sep 21, 2007
Can he get it any easier... hello he knew better. Im sure he saw the Loin King when he was young and learned that murder is bad. Can we not raise these kids better?

Helping that girl and her bf dig graves and tote that poor woman around like it was no big deal.
jumanji

United States

#10 Sep 21, 2007
stupid %^$ kids!
Watching the Watchdog

Boulder, CO

#11 Sep 21, 2007
Sorry, Kyle. What about the boy who helped his friend murder his own father? Both were "white." Skin color and ethnic origin have nothing to do with violence, hatred and homicidal tendencies. Those are all, tragically, very HUMAN frailties.
Jill

Commerce City, CO

#12 Sep 21, 2007
One down, three to go!!!

There are many of us that have been raised by drunk, mentally ill, psychotic mothers and not all of us decide to kill them.

I am tired of all these children (like the daughter) supplying this as justification for criminal behavior. Many of us go on to leave normal, productive lives.

Also, the Mother's family have said the mother was a bad person - why didn't they intervene? It is actually possible to save children from horrible parents, especially if you know about it.
dom

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2007
Ok, here is a perfect example of the reason that the whole Jena 6 event has become what it is....here are 6 boys who have had enough of being discriminated against, so they lose it and beat up a white kid, and they face the possibility of 20 years in prison, and this slimey kid, helps his freinds move and try and dispose of the body of an innocent woman who was murdered, and he gets 6 months? Then you wonder why people become outraged. For God's sake, this kid was JUST as guilty of her murder as the boy who actually stabbed her, and her disgusting little daughter that had such hatred in her pea brain that she could allow someone to do this to the woman that brought her into the world...I say all those involved should have the key thrown away.....OR, just let the Jena 6 go with the same slap on the wrist as these kids are obviously getting.......
Pigs

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 21, 2007
I cant wait till that ugly Puss Damm (Oh, I mean Tess), gets sent to prison. How the hell do you kill your own Mother? People of your likes are the ones we love to see rot in prison. It makes paying taxes easier.
Family Guy

Parker, CO

#15 Sep 21, 2007
Good. Nobody should get away with such an awful act
That is all he got

United States

#16 Sep 21, 2007
Unbelievable! Wonder what the daughter will end up with as far as a sentence? The Judge should have also imposed something against the department of social services for dropping the ball numerous times with the situation in the home, if I recall correctly, many calls were placed to them out of concern for the situation in the home. Of course, they would place the blame on too little manpower to take care of all the cases that come flooding in, blah, blah, blah.
your on to something

Aurora, CO

#17 Sep 21, 2007
Figures wrote:
They prosecuters never give them what they deserve ! I am so sick of reading all these stories where the suspects get the easiest sentence. Makes me sick..
Take an alkaseltzer girl.
I-A-Toldya

Longmont, CO

#18 Sep 21, 2007
jumanji wrote:
stupid %^$ kids!
Yeah! Don't they even watch CSI!??

Tess Damm: "Hey...help me bury a body?"
Jared Guy: "um...sure, I'll bring the beer."

What is wrong with people?

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#19 Sep 21, 2007
I-A-Toldya wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Don't they even watch CSI!??
Tess Damm: "Hey...help me bury a body?"
Jared Guy: "um...sure, I'll bring the beer."
What is wrong with people?
They're stupid - that's what wrong with them. No one has an ounce of common sense anymore.

God, humans suck.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#20 Sep 21, 2007
Okay, let me put it this way, you Topix censorship Constitution-violating morons:

HUMANS S U C K.
SLC

Auburn Hills, MI

#21 Sep 21, 2007
OMG wrote:
Can he get it any easier... hello he knew better. Im sure he saw the Loin King when he was young and learned that murder is bad. Can we not raise these kids better?
Helping that girl and her bf dig graves and tote that poor woman around like it was no big deal.
"LOIN KING" ...???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Sep 27 Green Envelope 381
News Forensic nightmare: The perils of touch DNA (Mar '17) Sep '17 Green Envelope 15
News Michelle Malkin: Forensic Nightmare - The Peril... (Mar '17) Aug '17 Tex- 5
News Ramsey grand juror welcomes new DNA tests, disc... (Mar '17) Aug '17 Blue Moon 3
News JonBenet grand juror: I've seen secret evidence (Dec '16) Jul '17 Tex- 23
News Boulder weather: Afternoon showers possible thr... May '17 Charlotte Blackwood 1
Boulder County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Ethan 2
More from around the web