Bear causes a big stir with his nap

Bear causes a big stir with his nap

There are 20 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 6, 2007, titled Bear causes a big stir with his nap. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

VIEW SLIDESHOW BROOMFIELD - " People setting up for Saturday's MS 150 Bike Ride say it is a sign of good luck, because the last time a bear was spotted at their event, it was a huge success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Michelle

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2007
He looks so peaceful, I just hope it all turns out ok, Just remember we moved into his backyard not the other way around
andrea

Broomfield, CO

#3 Jul 6, 2007
thats cute but too close for comfort!
Jerkwatergetreal

Boulder, CO

#4 Jul 6, 2007
The truth is that the real bad guy in all this was the voters of Colorado. Remember back in the early 90's they voted against spring bear hunts and other things. The effect of that was more bears. Add to that the encroaching of all the people into the bears' habitat and feeding them made for a lot more bears with some very bad bear habits.

The DOW has no choice than to put down the bears that don't fear humans and have grown accustom to being feed from garbage cans, bird feeders, dog dishes, etc... Don't bad mouth the DOW guys, they are just dealing with the mess Colorado voters have unfortunately handed to them. These guys generally love wildlife and would rather see this young guy go back up into the woods and not be a nuisance.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#5 Jul 6, 2007
Bears are just like babies. As long as their asleep, they're cute.
Joanne

Broomfield, CO

#6 Jul 6, 2007
The Bear story is very cute, but by reporting on it, you have just opened the door for someone to bother this bear. And, we all know what happens when humans encounter a bear. The Bear loses...

I think it would have been safer for the Bear if you had just left it alone. If it ends up being killed, please don't report on that.
Iggy

Fort Lupton, CO

#7 Jul 6, 2007
Jerkwater Steve wrote:
Don't tell the Colorado Department of Wildlife. They'll be up there right quick to shoot the bear.
Those scumbags are little more than excrement.
CDOW does not want to shoot bears, they have been left with only that option for bears that are no longer scared to come near humans. Give those guys a break. They work hard to keep human/bear contact to a minimum, but in my neck of the woods it is has failed.

In Beaver Creek, the CDOW has told the rich homeowners that they will do nothing about the bear that knocks over their trash because the trash is out, there are grills on the decks & bird feeders. CDOW has told the rich homeowners that unless it is being aggressive, ie breaking into homes or advancing on people, they will not do anything.

My hubby came back to work after the weekend to find the joke amongst property managers & maintenance people that the answering service got a call from a lady at 4:30am saying there was a bear in her trash. They all got a good laugh & the PM had to explain to the homeowner that there is nothing they can do about it.

Not sure who is really more stupid, humans or bears? I would put my money on the former.
just tired in arvada

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 6, 2007
does EVERYTHING have to be reported? And look who wrote this: written by: Jeffrey Wolf, Web Producer (WEB producer!). does 9news have $1 for every story, and everyone's getting in line? I'm gravitating more and more to the 4 news web site - less fluff and dramatization, more professionalism. and I'm getting tired of Topix, same old, same old from the same old, same olds.

“I'm 100% American & Proud”

Since: Apr 07

TiJuana, Co (Denver)

#10 Jul 6, 2007
I wish I had seen a bear like that during last hunting season. Maybe this year...........
me again

United States

#12 Jul 6, 2007
Floyd Hill wrote:
I hope you die slowly in a hunting accident. Hunters are nothing more than cowardly snipers. How much guts does it take to hide behind a tree and shoot something that's unarmed? Not much. Actually it's kinda sick.
<quoted text>
If you think it is so easy to kill a bear or any animal during hunting season why do not try to get out and try to track an animal! Here is what I want you to do is find an area then pick something like a bear and try to find one like you are and I will use a word I know you would like to say "murder" the animal now I want you then to take a sack and fill it with about 90 pounds now I want you to drag it one half to 1 mile to pretend that that is the animal you just killed. Now I want you to dig a pit and take out 20 pounds and bury it this will represent the cleaning of the animal and bury it. Then you come on back here and tell me it is just so easy. Who do you think supports the Colo. Dept. of Wildlife. It is not you that is for sure. Oh and by the way I do not hunt!
me again

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2007
Jerkwater Steve wrote:
Don't tell the Colorado Department of Wildlife. They'll be up there right quick to shoot the bear.
Those scumbags are little more than excrement.
Is that what you are going to say if one comes in your house. I will bet your idea of camping is to fire up the old motor home and heading to the RV park. The DOW has a two strike policy they catch the bear once tag it and move it to another location if it comes back then they kill it. But if you want next time there is a bear spotted you can run up and hug it and take it home to keep it safe from those nasty guys at the DOW! People like you make me sick you go off with half truths yelling the sky is falling!
NoPCme

Camden, AR

#14 Jul 6, 2007
Floyd Hill wrote:
I hope you die slowly in a hunting accident. Hunters are nothing more than cowardly snipers. How much guts does it take to hide behind a tree and shoot something that's unarmed? Not much. Actually it's kinda sick.
<quoted text>
Go to hell, you little dick PETA pansy. Hunters and fishermen are the reason you have wildlife. It is their millions of dollars that support introduction of species and improved habitat etc. that people like you are even able to enjoy wildlife. Hunting is a sport. It takes skill and luck to harvest an animal. Success is not at all insured. Your taxes don't go to support wildlife in this state, moron. So go do some research before flapping your lips.
suzy

Englewood, CO

#15 Jul 6, 2007
I just hope that bear gets to a safer place, just like someone stated earlier we moved into their backyard not the other way around. Even though bears are dangerous, I hope this one doesn't get hurt by anyone!
Amazed

Broomfield, CO

#16 Jul 6, 2007
Floyd Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously this well thought out comment comes from someone that thinks the Disney movie "Lion King" is a documentary. It's scary to think they can probably vote, but most likely doesn't. Thanks for the Wildlife and the associated habitat, Hunters!
Just SayNo

United States

#17 Jul 6, 2007
If there are sanctuary cities for illegals, then why aren't there sanctuary cities for bears.
Wild Bill

AOL

#18 Jul 7, 2007
andrea wrote:
thats cute but too close for comfort!
Good god, relax already. Perhaps you should consider moving away from their habitat.
Myona Pinyon

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Jul 7, 2007
The Broofield Events Center is a long, long way from the foothills, with Superior, Westminster, Boulder lying between. It's got to be 10 miles. How do they know it went back to the foothills? Maybe it just headed for FlatIrons Mall.
USA

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 7, 2007
Floyd Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre the biggest jack a&& Iíve ever seen. Hey moron I can guarantee that your ancestors hunted. Hunting is a way of life and it puts food on the table. Go make love to a tree.
usa2

Denver, CO

#21 Jul 7, 2007
Stories like these are a good relief from all of the violence. Those of you that are complaining and calling these stories fluff, go ahead and go to another site. Obviously you were drawn to reading the story and commenting, so it was news worthy.
me me me

United States

#22 Jul 7, 2007
Myona Pinyon wrote:
The Broofield Events Center is a long, long way from the foothills, with Superior, Westminster, Boulder lying between. It's got to be 10 miles. How do they know it went back to the foothills? Maybe it just headed for FlatIrons Mall.
You were not to tell anyone it was not a bear at all it was a narc undercover he was on his way to make a big buy! He had the wrong day and the smugglers got all turned around and were headed to E-470 on Friday to Broomfield and Panic when they saw the Lonetree traffic enforcement out so they dump it all on I-25!:<)
mary hollingsworth

AOL

#23 Jul 8, 2007
hey thats cool in my daughters front yard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... Jun 9 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
News CO Supreme Court orders Boulder County to stop ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 WeTheSheeple 25
News Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web