Lacy's legacy

Oct 26, 2008 Full story: LongmontFYI 26

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy wants a say in her eight-year legacy as the county's top law enforcement official.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RiverRat

North Fort Myers, FL

#1 Oct 26, 2008
"Lacy will soon pass the mantle to her successor, Stan Garnett, who is running unopposed for the post.

But she worries that her leadership of the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office will be remembered for high-profile scandals primarily revolving around her handling of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide and University of Colorado football sexual assault investigations.

NOW she worries..........join the crowd, Lacy.
“I don’t believe there is anybody that bloggers had more of a field day with,” she said."
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 27, 2008
I'm glad she is at least upset about her negative reputation, all earned!

Like the Ramseys, her bad rap is always someone else's fault. What is it about the elite in Boulder? Have they all learned NOT to own anything they do? Nobody seems to take responsibility for their own actions and take comfort in blaming others for their own downfall

Somebody ought to go to Boulder and teach a course to their population en masse about CAUSE AND EFFECT!

Lacy has brought attention to everything she WANTED on behalf of the Ramseys, holding press conferences, writing love letters, arresting Karr and being oh so proud....UNTIL, and then has the nerve to cry about how she'll be remembered.

She'll be remembered ALMOST as fondly as George W. Bush....almost

F**k her! Like she did the justice system and the good law enforcement out there that she tarnished with her unprofessional antics
koldkase

Athens, GA

#3 Oct 27, 2008
Gosh, I'm just amazed Lacy even registers in her brain what a DISASTER she's been at her job. I thought she was too busy kissing up to the Ramseys to notice Hunter dug the grave of this case and she shoveled the dirt on top.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#4 Oct 27, 2008
What Stan Garnett said is crucial and very important. That's what matters for the future of this case, which he takes over in January.

What Lacy will be most remembered for is three words: JOHN MARK KARR.
BruddaMoon

Englewood, CO

#5 Oct 27, 2008
Lacy is concerned about the misinformend, the unfortunate, the deprived, left out, let down, social orphans, such as the above posters, that Steve Thomas lead down a primrose path to the unBoulder purgatory of fruitless judgementalism.

SHE has compassion for YOU.(So do I). There.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Oct 27, 2008
Steve Thomas doesn't make up my mind. I do. I've seen enough and read enough of the experts with my own two eyes to believe Patsy Ramsey, still the only person they can prove was obsessed with this child when she was alive, committed the crime.

Lacy has consistenly ignored ALL the staging evidence in this case which is not consistent with her intruder theory, nor is all the handwriting, phrases, use of acronyms in the note that also links to Patsy Ramsey.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#7 Oct 27, 2008
What is with Lacy's strange affection and sympathy for right wing John and Patsy Ramsey? Lacy's a feminist, Patsy did nothing whatsoever for women ever in entire her life. She was retro in the extreme, parlay your looks into marrying a rich man. She would be overjoyed about Palin. She sexualized and pimped out her kid to live out her own pageant fantasies, and Lacy has done nothing but make excuses for her and even attend her funeral. Why not let right wingers like Palin and Ted Haggard defend the Scamseys?
BotherMood

Englewood, CO

#8 Oct 27, 2008
candy wrote:
Steve Thomas doesn't make up my mind. I do. I've seen enough and read enough of the experts with my own two eyes to believe Patsy Ramsey, still the only person they can prove was obsessed with this child when she was alive, committed the crime.
Lacy has consistenly ignored ALL the staging evidence in this case which is not consistent with her intruder theory, nor is all the handwriting, phrases, use of acronyms in the note that also links to Patsy Ramsey.
Mary Lacy sticks out her lower lip, shows her sad cow eyes and says poor, poor baby to you candy. You should brow your hair like her and become a happy cabbage patch doll in Boul-ladida-er.
BotherMood

Englewood, CO

#9 Oct 27, 2008
grow
candy

East Lansing, MI

#10 Oct 27, 2008
Exhibit A about Lacy and the Ramseys being on the same team during and after their mutually shared Karr debacle: Cops in Denver took Karr's DNA at the airport in Denver on Friday. Lacy knew by Saturday that the unsourced DNA did not match Karr. By rights, he should have been released THEN. What you do is call the attorney, say you're dropping the charges, and he is let out of custody IMMEDIATELY. She did not call Karr's attorney but did call JOHN RAMSEY. Karr was not notified until she told his attorneys on MONDAY. Karr could have walked out right onto the streets of Boulder, but having an extra two days gave her time to get Sonoma County to pick him up on the long ago misdemanor charge. She and the Scamseys escape the even WORSE condemnation if Karr had walked out free to roam around free in Boulder.
BrotherMoon

Denver, CO

#11 Oct 28, 2008
Lacy's manipulative attempt at face saving described by exhibit A above is an example of her behavior that points to the self serving manipuation of the DNA information.

The examples of her subjective, biased, over-involved handling of the case discredits her "clearing" of the Ramseys.
Limaes

Sydney, Australia

#12 Oct 29, 2008
Lacey's legacy is that she doesn't know her head from her arse. Thats why she thinks and speaks from the wrong end.
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#13 Oct 29, 2008
You should all copy and save your posts here to save you some time in the future when you start making the same complaints about DA Stan Garnett.

You don't really think that some day they are going to elect a DA ignorant enough to be RDI do you?

You RDI will be b*tching about every Boulder DA all the way to your graves.
Mame

Gillette, WY

#14 Oct 29, 2008
Shill wrote:
You should all copy and save your posts here to save you some time in the future when you start making the same complaints about DA Stan Garnett.
You don't really think that some day they are going to elect a DA ignorant enough to be RDI do you?
I totally agree, Shill. I'm no fan of Lacy...I never have been. But, if anyone thinks Stan Garnett will somehow change the stance on the Ramsey case, they're wrong!
The DNA is powerful. No one can change that.
I can't wait to see Garnett's tough team of prosecutors deal with someone like Fleet White.
While I understand he supports better relationships with other agencies including the BPD...he, from all reports, is tough...and fair.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Oct 29, 2008
Shill wrote:
I don't think anyone really thinks that the "new" DA will be any different from the prior DAs. He may be better, worse, smarter, dumber, etc. and even if his "personal" opinion on who dunnit differs from his predecessors, it is way too late to solve this case.

This case will never see the inside of a courtroom no matter WHO is the DA.

It's over, except for those of us who will follow it long after it's buried in the cold case files in Boulder.
Mame

Gillette, WY

#16 Oct 29, 2008
This case will be solved...and it won't be long now.
Charleston

Lynchburg, VA

#17 Oct 29, 2008
Mame wrote:
This case will be solved...and it won't be long now.
That looks a lot like a carrot you are waving around, but I am guessing you have nothing with which to back it up.
Mame

Gillette, WY

#18 Oct 29, 2008
Charleston wrote:
<quoted text>
That looks a lot like a carrot you are waving around, but I am guessing you have nothing with which to back it up.
Nope. No carrot. Just my personal opinion.
Patricia Fox

Atlanta, GA

#19 Oct 29, 2008
I'm thinking that there might be an additional person that is now aware of ALL THE FACTS. I keep thinking there might have been more involved in BH and JR going their separate ways. Who knows, maybe he talked in his sleep....LOL

If an intruder is ever found, you can bet your boots, he will be tied directly to the Ramseys. Sorry, there is NO OTHER explanation for their playing "cat and mouse" with BPD except GUILT. IMO
WV Sleuth

United States

#20 Oct 29, 2008
Absolutely, Patricia Fox! I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... Aug '14 DNF 115
CO Supreme Court orders Boulder County to stop ... Jul '14 WeTheSheeple 25
Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
Colorado appeals court denies bid to block same... Jul '14 Belle Sexton 6
Dozens of Gay-Marriage Licenses Issued in Colorado Jul '14 WasteWater 17

Boulder County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE