Colorado flooding: High water causes bridge collapse on Boulder Cre...

There are 6 comments on the Jun 8, 2010, Fox 31 KDVR story titled Colorado flooding: High water causes bridge collapse on Boulder Cre.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Authorities closed bike paths along Boulder Creek Tuesday because of concerns that a bridge was starting to wash out and block the waterway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Buster

Louisville, CO

#7 Jun 8, 2010
Your reporter is tellig everyone to stay out of the river for fear of being swept down river and here he is Lelland Vitter standing in the river giving his report. Not very smart
Lorraine Adriansen

Littleton, CO

#8 Jun 8, 2010
I was very disturbed viewing your coverage this evening of the collapsed bridge in Boulder. The reporter was actually standing in the river, reporting on the bridge collapse. This was an extremely dangerous thing to do, given that the river's current was clearly quite strong and the apparent cold temperatures of the water. This seems to be a foolhardy thing to do on the news for others to see, particularly given the recent tragedies of a rafter in a Colorado river and also of the woman who drowned in a canal, trying to save a puppy. I should think that Fox News would set a better example and not show one of its reporters on television engaging in this dangerous behavior.
firestonenecon

Denver, CO

#9 Jun 8, 2010
Let's cross our finger that river keeps rising and washes away that communist shit hole.
Don Roberto

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jun 9, 2010
"debris damned the fast-running Boulder Creek"

So the bridge sent the creek to Hell? The word is "dammed." I realize spell-checkers are a nifty tool, but please to make an effort to hire people who are sufficiently literate that the spell-checker is the *backup,* not the main way to prevent errors.

*sigh*
Hymie Goldberg

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Jun 9, 2010
Don Roberto wrote:
"debris damned the fast-running Boulder Creek"
So the bridge sent the creek to Hell? The word is "dammed." I realize spell-checkers are a nifty tool, but please to make an effort to hire people who are sufficiently literate that the spell-checker is the *backup,* not the main way to prevent errors.
*sigh*
Get A Life..Spell Checker.
*Sigh**********
Doug in Aurora

Denver, CO

#12 Jun 9, 2010
Lorraine Adriansen wrote:
I was very disturbed viewing your coverage this evening of the collapsed bridge in Boulder. The reporter was actually standing in the river, reporting on the bridge collapse. This was an extremely dangerous thing to do, given that the river's current was clearly quite strong and the apparent cold temperatures of the water. This seems to be a foolhardy thing to do on the news for others to see, particularly given the recent tragedies of a rafter in a Colorado river and also of the woman who drowned in a canal, trying to save a puppy. I should think that Fox News would set a better example and not show one of its reporters on television engaging in this dangerous behavior.
Vittert is quite obviously an idiot. AS I watched him get deeper into the water and talked about how cold and powerful the current was, I kind of found myself rooting for the river to wash his stupid *&% downstream. Now THAT would have been a news story!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
News CO Supreme Court orders Boulder County to stop ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 WeTheSheeple 25
News Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
News Colorado appeals court denies bid to block same... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Belle Sexton 6
More from around the web