Sheriff: New texting while driving ban hard to enforce

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 10
A new law that bans any driver from texting on the cell phone while driving goes into effect Tuesday. Full Story
firestoneneocon

Longmont, CO

#1 Nov 30, 2009
Which is even more proof that law makers that make these laws are the worst kind of morons. Give them a little bit of power and they completely lose touch with reality. Just like immigration, there are laws on the books already such as careless driving that could be used to curb the problem. Instead of enforcing current laws we want to create new ones.
Mountain Man

Greeley, CO

#2 Nov 30, 2009
I completely agree. All they had to do is say that using your cell phone was considered careless driving and we could already use the law on the books.

They do with gun laws all the time. Rather then enforce the laws already on the books that punish people who sell guns to criminals or the existing laws in place that punish those who carry firearms over the Mexican border. Instead of enforcing those, let's pass new laws that only affect the law abiding gun owners.

Just one more example of the elitists thinking they know is best for us.

Now that being said, I do agree that texting and driving is VERY dangerous, but there are laws already on the books.
gordon

Estes Park, CO

#3 Nov 30, 2009
<OK>'''SO WHY NOT MAKE IT ILEGAL TO "EVEN USE"" IT WHILE DRIVEING???? IM A COMERCIAL DRIVER" AND AS SOME WHO SPENDS A LOT OF TIME ON THE ROADS' I CAN TELL YOU(ANYTHING" )THAT DISTRACTS YOU FROM YOUR DRIVEING IS VERY" VERY" DAGEROUS"" I HAVE SEEN IT TIME AFTER TIME. I HAVE BEEN A DRIVER/TRAINER AND I DONOT FEEL IT IS SAFE""CARS ARE FOR DRIVEING(NOT)(I REPEAT) NOT FOR INTERTAINMENT"
HOW MANY MORE OF OUR CHILDREN HAVE TO GET HURT OR <KILLED> BEFORE
WE LEARN THIS????
KTC

Westcliffe, CO

#4 Nov 30, 2009
The law was created by our gutless elected officials!
Cell phones should be band while driving period! But, again our gutless elected officials did not do a law as such? Why?
Are you kidding

Longmont, CO

#5 Nov 30, 2009
First of all learn to spell thats why you are a truck driver second makethe law stick do what you can and go from there. Once again somthing else to gripe about that will get us no where
KTC

Westcliffe, CO

#6 Dec 1, 2009
LOL I guess you need spelling lessons also! You left out the E in "somthing", and you need lessons in grammar!
Are you kidding wrote:
First of all learn to spell thats why you are a truck driver second makethe law stick do what you can and go from there. Once again somthing else to gripe about that will get us no where
Y in Lakewood

Denver, CO

#7 Dec 2, 2009
I think this Law is ridiculous I agree it should be considered careless driving in the result of an accident furthermore I have an IPOD how are police able to tell if I am texting or just trying to change a song? I think texting and driving shouldn't be allowed but should we not be able to call or recieve calls with a headset I don't see any problem. There's plenty of distractions that lead to accidents should we just not have radios or IPODS mp3 players passengers even so it's less distracting it's utter crap.

Since: Sep 09

WheatRidge

#8 Dec 2, 2009
----------

I've said it before and I'll say again.
If big government actually wanted to solve issues rather than make more money off of US, they'd have "government motors" (who are arrogant enough to let US know want we need for a vehicle) install a device that de-activates the phone when the car goes out of "Park", then re-activates when put back in Park.
It's JUST an idea for a SOLUTION...but lawmakers ain't about solutions!
Hank

Longmont, CO

#9 Dec 2, 2009
More laws are good for you. More laws are good for you. More laws are good for you.
If you say it enough it makes it a true fact!
redwhiteandBLUE

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 3, 2009
I wish they would stop my family, they are really bad at texting and driving, this may save their lives. What conversation is so important that that you risk the life of your self and others ?
This is worrisom for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... Aug '14 DNF 115
CO Supreme Court orders Boulder County to stop ... Jul '14 WeTheSheeple 25
Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
Colorado appeals court denies bid to block same... Jul '14 Belle Sexton 6
Dozens of Gay-Marriage Licenses Issued in Colorado Jul '14 WasteWater 17
More from around the web