Case Against Karr Falls Apart

Case Against Karr Falls Apart

There are 383 comments on the Cbs4denver.com story from Aug 28, 2006, titled Case Against Karr Falls Apart. In it, Cbs4denver.com reports that:

A sample of John Mark Karr's DNA didn't match the sample taken from the crime scene ultimately causing the Boulder district attorney's case to implode.After his arrest, Karr claimed he was with JonBenet Ramsey ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4denver.com.

Shayla

United States

#368 Jan 23, 2008
This is SDRoads.
Shayla

United States

#369 Jan 23, 2008
Sorry for any confusion. I sent you an email today.
Nuisance

United States

#370 Jan 24, 2008
jameson wrote:
The arrest was rushed in order to protect a child who Karr claimed he was ... well, a target of his affection.
And what about now? There aren't any children that Karr might have his eye on right now, perhaps planning to make that child the "target of his affections"? Better go arrest him and make sure.

That is such crap. They don't go and arrest people in that public a manner because he claims to have the hots for a child. Why didn't they make sure Karr was really the killer before splashing his face all over every channel?
Right on the Money

New York, NY

#371 Jan 24, 2008
Nuisance wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about now? There aren't any children that Karr might have his eye on right now, perhaps planning to make that child the "target of his affections"? Better go arrest him and make sure.
That is such crap. They don't go and arrest people in that public a manner because he claims to have the hots for a child. Why didn't they make sure Karr was really the killer before splashing his face all over every channel?
Exactly NP. Exactly, I guess it is fine for him to be around his girlfriend's three year old - no problem there for Lacy. Jameson thinks like the Ramseys and Tracey. Say anything you want at the time, doesn't matter, just get something out there. No need to back it up or defend it. The Team Ramsey shuffle.

Love it when you stop by.
Capricorn

New York, NY

#372 Jan 24, 2008
Let's also not forget that the FIRST time they tried to get over by saying Karr's arrest was to protect a child THERE, they were asked why a simple phone call to the overseas authorities couldn't have accomplished the same prevention.

Of course there was never an answer, but there never is when confronted with logic

But Karr would have missed his first class ticket back, complete with champagne and prawns, fame and fortune, his own free membership at Jamesons and a whole new fan club thanks to Jameson making him even more famous

Then we wouldn't have all the back slapping and self serving kudos for all those who couldn't wait to take the credit and such for solving this crime like Wood, Smit, Tracey, et al

such a sham all of them
candy

East Lansing, MI

#373 Aug 14, 2016
Ten years ago this August 16th, there was an actual arrest in this case, in Thailand. What resulted was the most expensive DNA test in Colorado history,$30,000 completely wasted. The farce lasted two weeks, until the charges were completely dropped. This is what Mary Lacy will be remembered for, one of the biggest law enforcement debacles of all time. That was COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE.

One good thing actually DID come out of this, the media that had to drop their real reporting to cover this saw ANOTHER wealthy couple with a dead child NOT UNDER ARREST, even though the child had been dead FOR MONTHS. People like Bill O'Reilly, Dan Caplis and Craig Silverman made sure they would let the public know about THAT case. The Jason Midyette case. And it's thanks to their reporting that they were indicted and spent the bare minimum of time in jail. And Stan Garnett personally screwed up letting Molly Midyette go to the half way house at the first opportunity. See the Denver Post article: "Molly Midyette's sickingly light punishment". Every DA in Boulder, including the current one is worthless when the defendant has money in that town.

Greedy people on the pro-Scam side tried to peddle this false theory again this week, and the shuttle blew up on the launch pad. Too many people remembered the name from the last time they tried to peddle it, and it went nowhere fast.
Sheriff Wydell

Rutland, VT

#374 Aug 14, 2016
candy wrote:
Ten years ago this August 16th, there was an actual arrest in this case, in Thailand. What resulted was the most expensive DNA test in Colorado history,$30,000 completely wasted. The farce lasted two weeks, until the charges were completely dropped. This is what Mary Lacy will be remembered for, one of the biggest law enforcement debacles of all time. That was COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE.

One good thing actually DID come out of this, the media that had to drop their real reporting to cover this saw ANOTHER wealthy couple with a dead child NOT UNDER ARREST, even though the child had been dead FOR MONTHS. People like Bill O'Reilly, Dan Caplis and Craig Silverman made sure they would let the public know about THAT case. The Jason Midyette case. And it's thanks to their reporting that they were indicted and spent the bare minimum of time in jail. And Stan Garnett personally screwed up letting Molly Midyette go to the half way house at the first opportunity. See the Denver Post article: "Molly Midyette's sickingly light punishment". Every DA in Boulder, including the current one is worthless when the defendant has money in that town.

Greedy people on the pro-Scam side tried to peddle this false theory again this week, and the shuttle blew up on the launch pad. Too many people remembered the name from the last time they tried to peddle it, and it went nowhere fast.
Not enough good things came out of it, candy. Mary Lacy should have been removed from office right then and there. Either the Governor should have stepped in or a recall election launched. Truly, you had it right: the people who should care just don't.

Since: Jul 15

Location hidden

#375 Aug 14, 2016
jdelete wrote:
Did anyone really believe this guy was guilty?
I always believe innocent until PROVEN guilty, no matter who. Even for people I completely loathe and despise.

I hate knee jerk reactions as they are never fair or objective. they always go by how things look, seem, and feel, and never evidence.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#376 Aug 14, 2016
@Sheriff: Yes, anywhere else she would have been forced to leave office. But in Boulder, they didn't care enough, even after she embarrassed them before the entire world. No, they just lazily waited until her term ended two years later, giving her enough time to TRY to save face by clearing the Ramseys. NO, she just jumped the gun, AGAIN. No match to that DNA, then or now.

The ONLY case I have seen Boulderites up in arms about were when the two police officers were charged shooting the Elk. There was almost a riot over that. Felony charges came up very quickly against those police. That was HARDLY the case here, or in Midyette, with two DEAD children.

Nothing ever changes is Boulder. Garnett is running unopposed this year, just like Alex Hunter did for 28 straight years. He's going for multiple terms as well. Like the rest of them, he has done little for this case, the case all three of the DA's and former DA's want to bury.

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#377 Aug 14, 2016
ve stated before that if I was shown all they had on Karr before his arrest, I would have voted against an arrest, there were things in his confession that screamed FKE to me. But no one asked. So please don't put me in the same "basket" as Tracey. We absolutely have our own thoughts on what happened here.

Location hidden

#378 Aug 14, 2016
Capricorn wrote:
Let's also not forget that the FIRST time they tried to get over by saying Karr's arrest was to protect a child THERE, they were asked why a simple phone call to the overseas authorities couldn't have accomplished the same prevention.

Of course there was never an answer, but there never is when confronted with logic

But Karr would have missed his first class ticket back, complete with champagne and prawns, fame and fortune, his own free membership at Jamesons and a whole new fan club thanks to Jameson making him even more famous

Then we wouldn't have all the back slapping and self serving kudos for all those who couldn't wait to take the credit and such for solving this crime like Wood, Smit, Tracey, et al

such a sham all of them
ROTFLMAO - Where is the back slapping and self serving kudos for those who were going to prove the family did this? The cord, tape, boot print, stun gun and DNA are not half of the problems they have, there are fibers and hair and palm prints and other evidence that compelled the DA and a federal judge to say the family is innocent, it was an intruder.

My job as moderator was to encourage discussion and to bring in any interesting "character" willing to answer questions. Karr didn't last too long on my forum because he found we didn't accept him at his word, especially after studying his story and comparing it with the evidence.

His new fan club didn't come from MY group. They kind of came out of the woodwork, I never heard of 99% of them. Crazies who couldn't wait to befriend him. Date him. Let their children meet him. Had one of them been MY daughter, I would have taken her into the shed and given her a whatfor she'd never forget. JMK admitted he is a pedophile. That alone should make him stay away from all children fordamnever. Those who brought their children to meet him should have been investigated by DSS for placning their child in a dangerous situation. No doubt. His recorded words expose his fantasies and I have no problem saying he should NEVER be near a child.
robert

Yellowknife, Canada

#379 Aug 14, 2016
jameson245 wrote:
<quoted text>

ROTFLMAO - Where is the back slapping and self serving kudos for those who were going to prove the family did this? The cord, tape, boot print, stun gun and DNA are not half of the problems they have, there are fibers and hair and palm prints and other evidence that compelled the DA and a federal judge to say the family is innocent, it was an intruder.
----You Didn't add the Amy Case to your arsenal of things that point away from the Ramseys--Your saying Hair,Palm Print, Fibers, The Cord, Tape, Boot Print, That Stun Gun, DNA, and OTHER evidence point away from the Ramseys--You and Radar need to sort this stuff out
Sheriff Wydell

Rutland, VT

#380 Aug 15, 2016
candy wrote:
@Sheriff: Yes, anywhere else she would have been forced to leave office. But in Boulder, they didn't care enough, even after she embarrassed them before the entire world. No, they just lazily waited until her term ended two years later, giving her enough time to TRY to save face by clearing the Ramseys. NO, she just jumped the gun, AGAIN. No match to that DNA, then or now.

The ONLY case I have seen Boulderites up in arms about were when the two police officers were charged shooting the Elk. There was almost a riot over that. Felony charges came up very quickly against those police. That was HARDLY the case here, or in Midyette, with two DEAD children.

Nothing ever changes is Boulder. Garnett is running unopposed this year, just like Alex Hunter did for 28 straight years. He's going for multiple terms as well. Like the rest of them, he has done little for this case, the case all three of the DA's and former DA's want to bury.
@candy: Like you say, if this had been somewhere else...I just don't know what's wrong with Boulder.
BTW, you mentioned someone trying to peddle the Karr story again. I missed that. Who was doing it?
Sheriff Wydell

Rutland, VT

#381 Aug 15, 2016
jameson245 wrote:
<quoted text>

ROTFLMAO - Where is the back slapping and self serving kudos for those who were going to prove the family did this?
What would be the point of that? YOU guys are the ones selling the "everyone's wrong but glorious me" conspiracy theory.
The cord, tape, boot print, stun gun and DNA are not half of the problems they have,
Quite so! I certainly have no problem with them.
there are fibers and hair and palm prints and other evidence that compelled the DA and a federal judge to say the family is innocent, it was an intruder.
A federal judge who only saw unchallenged offerings from Team Ramsey and a DA whose prejudices are well-known. Why don't you ever tell the whole story?
The_Truth_Will_W in_Out

Tustin, CA

#382 Aug 15, 2016
jameson245 wrote:
<quoted text>

You wrote, "...The cord, tape, boot print, stun gun and DNA..."

You can't prove the cord and tape weren't in the home prior to JBR's death. You can't prove when the bootprint first appeared. You can't prove those mysterious marks on JonBenet's body from head to foot came from a stun gun, and you can't prove the DNA belongs to anyone involved in JonBenet's death. You are a lying sack of dog sh*t.

However, I can prove there had been a strand of Christmas lights decorating the Ramseys' spiral staircase all Christmas season that year and for four previous years in a row. I can also prove that this strand of Christmas lights "vanished" during the exact same time frame JonBenet suffered multiple abrasions and contusions all over her body along with a massive skull injury.

JonBenet fell down that spiral staircase that night. It's a fact. You claimed once that if JBR had fallen down the stairs she would have had different injuries. I asked you to name those injuries and you have refused. That's because you are a lying piece of dog sh*t and you have been misleading people for nearly two decades now.

I can also produce statements by the Ramseys in which Patsy makes references to the "dim lighting" on the spiral staircase that would have been produced by the Christmas lights had they actually been on the staircase that morning she called 911. But the lights weren't there, and the detectives had no idea what could have allowed Patsy to read the "ransom note" on the spiral staircase that morning, since the staircase would have been pitch black without the Christmas lights.
payou

Williamson, WV

#383 Aug 15, 2016
The_Truth_Will_Win_Out wrote:
<quoted text>

You can't prove the cord and tape weren't in the home prior to JBR's death. You can't prove when the bootprint first appeared. You can't prove those mysterious marks on JonBenet's body from head to foot came from a stun gun, and you can't prove the DNA belongs to anyone involved in JonBenet's death. You are a lying sack of dog sh*t.

However, I can prove there had been a strand of Christmas lights decorating the Ramseys' spiral staircase all Christmas season that year and for four previous years in a row. I can also prove that this strand of Christmas lights "vanished" during the exact same time frame JonBenet suffered multiple abrasions and contusions all over her body along with a massive skull injury.

JonBenet fell down that spiral staircase that night. It's a fact. You claimed once that if JBR had fallen down the stairs she would have had different injuries. I asked you to name those injuries and you have refused. That's because you are a lying piece of dog sh*t and you have been misleading people for nearly two decades now.

I can also produce statements by the Ramseys in which Patsy makes references to the "dim lighting" on the spiral staircase that would have been produced by the Christmas lights had they actually been on the staircase that morning she called 911. But the lights weren't there, and the detectives had no idea what could have allowed Patsy to read the "ransom note" on the spiral staircase that morning, since the staircase would have been pitch black without the Christmas lights.
Interesting
stillsaddened

Los Angeles, CA

#384 Aug 15, 2016
The_Truth_Will_Win_Out wrote:
<quoted text>

Very interesting theory. I think it's credible. Can you chill with the name calling, though? It takes away from your very well constructed post.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#385 Aug 15, 2016
Quote from Sheriff: "BTW, you mentioned someone trying to peddle the Karr story again. I missed that. Who was doing it?"

It was on the cover of the new National Enquirer that came out Thursday, and on the Enquirer affiliated site: "RadarOnline". He wrote another "confession", etc. These "stories" are sold to the Enquirer, and other tabs, by people affiliated with the Scams, including posters... They have been $elling "stories" and everything else for the entire 20 years of this case.

Unfortunately for the Scams, people remembered the name, and weren't buying it again.

Location hidden

#386 Aug 15, 2016
I think KARR is the one peddling the Karr story.

It sure isn't anyone looking for the intruder who left his handwriting and hair and prints and fibers and DNA behind.

Karr wants people to keep believing in him and his sick story. He has a few followers and has given a couple interviews recently. The man does not want to be forgotten. If KARR is back in the news, I think it is because he made a call.
Steve Eller

Brooklyn, NY

#387 Aug 15, 2016
If Karr is back in the news it is because of the phenomenally incompetent work on the case by Ramsey sycophant Mary Lacy. Only someone as completely unfit for the role of DA as Mary Lacy could ever name Karr as the perpetrator of this heinous crime or try to exonerate the Ramseys. Yes only someone that stupid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet grand juror: I've seen secret evidence Dec '16 KCinNYC 19
Boulder County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... Oct '16 Ethan 2
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
More from around the web