Club helps Colorado trails thrive

Club helps Colorado trails thrive

There are 82 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Aug 25, 2007, titled Club helps Colorado trails thrive. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

When the Rising Sun 4x4 club members come rolling up in their Toyota Landcruisers it's usually for a day fun on the trail, but this weekend members like John Henley showed up to work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Left? Right? Who knows.”

Since: Aug 07

Littleton, CO

#85 Aug 30, 2007
What OUR you wrote:
<quoted text>
I do applaud your efforts and the access you provide for the disabled. As a photographer, I have often thought of doing video tours of some of the hidden and splendid places I know of that are difficult for "mountain men" and impossible for the disabled. It's a gloriuos wild environment that can still be found here if you know where to look and can be very uplifting to a saddened spirit. But as in so many things in this society, you just spinning your wheels without backers.
I do concurr with Phineas that there are just a few too many that refuse (as they do know better) to respect the wild places, and so while we have to respect others use of the land, it doesn't mean it is particularly welcome. Some of us are just a bit overprotective of what we see as abuse by those that really haven't spent much time being quiet and personal with the land. Some of us feel more empathy with our woodland critters than with those that going tearing down some trail causing them to panic. We're goodguys and you're good guys. The bad guys unfortunately are always just going to do what ever they damn well please. That's really the problem.
See? TOLD ya we have common ground...:D
I'm glad no one had a video of me when I caught some guys in [unnamed ohv's] riding across tundra. I too get pretty overprotective when I see misuse of public lands.

We're not that far off from each other really.

Since: Mar 07

Littleton, CO

#86 Aug 30, 2007
You've actually convinced me that the clubs are doing more good than harm. The phineas T that said "duh" is an imposter. Have fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Aug 17 Sheriff Wydell 365
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
More from around the web