Fourmile Fire victims return to ruins...

Fourmile Fire victims return to ruins, community offers support

There are 9 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Fourmile Fire victims return to ruins, community offers support. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

The Fourmile Fire in Boulder County destroyed 166 homes and burned about 6,200 acres just west of the city of Boulder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

anomymous

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I feel sorry for these victims. Hopefully they all have fire insurance. Living up there in the mountains is beautiful. But common sense, if a fire does happen, people have 50 50 chance that their house wouldn't burn. My prayers are with you.
Belinda

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 16, 2010
What is it they plan on cleaning with the donated cleaning supplies?
Belinda

Denver, CO

#3 Sep 16, 2010
Don't you think they need clothes and places to stay?
firestoneneocon

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2010
Someone explain to me what someone who had a million dollar or more home need? How about insurance forms? Do they really need handouts?
Holy Roller Roller

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 16, 2010
If Big Beth had gone straight to the Tulsa Police, this would never have happened.
Mike

Boulder, CO

#6 Sep 16, 2010
Pretty narrow minded comment. I met people at the Red Cross shelter who left with nothing, had no insurance (or were underinsured) and need some help. Where did you get your information on "million dollar homes." There are a couple and I did not see the couple with the swimming pool and the tennis court at the Red Cross shelter. I will pray that your home does not burn.(We did not lose ours, but only one ridge saved us -- along with the help of several hundred people and much equipment.)
firestoneneocon

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2010
If you could afford to live up there in anything but a tent then you've either got plenty of money or you're living beyond your means. Either way, no sympathy from me. Invest in a chain saw and clear a buffer zone around your property.
dorylakesmom

Aurora, CO

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Mike wrote:
Pretty narrow minded comment. I met people at the Red Cross shelter who left with nothing, had no insurance (or were underinsured) and need some help. Where did you get your information on "million dollar homes." There are a couple and I did not see the couple with the swimming pool and the tennis court at the Red Cross shelter. I will pray that your home does not burn.(We did not lose ours, but only one ridge saved us -- along with the help of several hundred people and much equipment.)
I totally agree with your post and just because people had million dollar homes doesn't mean that they didn't loose irreplacable things...photo albums, heir looms, pets, things they worked hard to get. Insurance or not, You can't replace most of the things lost(sentimental value).
dorylakesmom

Aurora, CO

#9 Sep 21, 2010
firestoneneocon wrote:
If you could afford to live up there in anything but a tent then you've either got plenty of money or you're living beyond your means. Either way, no sympathy from me. Invest in a chain saw and clear a buffer zone around your property.
You need to wake up!! Me and my family just moved here and we have nothing more than just above minimum wage jobs. We are buying a beautiful log home and are living comfortably (and with no assistance, I know how people like you think). Our house is the same price of the last house we lived in that was built in 2002 and was in a wonderful neighborhood outside of Brighton. You wanna be a judge get a freakin degree. You have way too much time on your hands to be talking about these people who actually worked hard to get what they have. I think you might be jealous because you are too ignorant to realize you could have a home up here as well but thank goodness you don't because I wouldn't want you as my neighbor when karma comes around and burns your house down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Dec 24 Shalizar 383
News JonBenet grand juror: I've seen secret evidence Dec '16 KCinNYC 19
Boulder County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... Oct '16 Ethan 2
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
More from around the web