9NEWS - Top News Article - 2 in custo...

9NEWS - Top News Article - 2 in custody after early morning car...

There are 19 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 13, 2007, titled 9NEWS - Top News Article - 2 in custody after early morning car.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The Colorado State Patrol says the chase started on the Boulder Turnpike in Boulder County at around 3:10 a.m. when a trooper tried to pull over a vehicle that was weaving around traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Whoops

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 13, 2007
Oh well.
WellSmackMyBum

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 13, 2007
That happened down the road from where I live-and to think nothing exciting happens in my neighborhood.

“.....And Justice for All!!”

Since: Aug 07

UKK FOFF

#6 Sep 13, 2007
Why run?? You will ALWAYS get caught! Stupidity really needs to be a crime!!
madness

Grand Junction, CO

#8 Sep 13, 2007
deport them

Since: May 07

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2007
CIAgentSyd wrote:
Why run?? You will ALWAYS get caught! Stupidity really needs to be a crime!!
Not necessarily anymore. Most Police departments have "watered down" their pursuit policies to the point that a serious crime or a human life must be at risk before they are allowed to pursue. Just speeding and weaving is generally not enough anymore, but it's up to the Sergent to make that call.

United States

#10 Sep 13, 2007
Turd World Country wrote:
These were the first arrivals for the DNC.
Will you be here all week?
Denver

Denver, CO

#11 Sep 13, 2007
ROFLAMO!!!! Good one!!!
ummmmm

Parker, CO

#12 Sep 13, 2007
madness wrote:
deport them
your real creative...thats the best thing you can think of?! lol
gman

Erie, CO

#13 Sep 13, 2007
Maybe the irresponsible journalists could tell us why they were running???? To think they have a job, and I don't.....
Dummy

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 13, 2007
gman wrote:
Maybe the irresponsible journalists could tell us why they were running???? To think they have a job, and I don't.....
Maybe because you're on 9news/topix every day, all day?
curly bill

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Sep 13, 2007
Not CSP. They'll chase until your tires fall off or you crash. That's mostly the city PD's that have restrictions.
RM in AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily anymore. Most Police departments have "watered down" their pursuit policies to the point that a serious crime or a human life must be at risk before they are allowed to pursue. Just speeding and weaving is generally not enough anymore, but it's up to the Sergent to make that call.

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2007
Dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because you're on 9news/topix every day, all day?
ROFL!
Street Justice

AOL

#17 Sep 13, 2007
Yes, but these were the "good" ones. When the regulars get here, they'll be accompanied by their entourages of ho's. Bill's got 4 limos full just for himself. Of course with Hillary as a wife, who wouldn't?

As far as this high speed chase, aren't those a nighty thing now?
skibum

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 13, 2007
I don't know why people even try to run anymore. I mean you are not faster then Motorola! One press of that little button and there are cops all over the place looking for the person who runs!
k9terror

Aurora, CO

#19 Sep 13, 2007
But it's easy to get away from ole Roscoe P. Coltrain. Just find a burned out bridge to jump and set the horn to play 'Dixie'.
Denver

Denver, CO

#20 Sep 13, 2007
curly bill wrote:
Not CSP. They'll chase until your tires fall off or you crash. That's mostly the city PD's that have restrictions.
<quoted text>
That is exactly right on. CSP is will even cross state lines if necessary.

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2007
Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly right on. CSP is will even cross state lines if necessary.
Yeah, didn't some pursuit about 5 years ago that started in Denver end up in Goodland, KS. I remember seeing the picture in the paper, a Denver police car next to the "Welcome to Kansas" sign. That was hilarious!
Avsgirl

Denver, CO

#22 Sep 14, 2007
You know, some of you people really are incosiderate. My father was one of the police officers that was on scene during this, and honestly it scares me to death. You never know what those people are thinking in those cars and what kind of weapons they have. Having my father as a cop I have been privilaged with the knowledge of the incident that is not reported on this website. I just wish you would all stop thinking how FUNNY the situation is and maybe look at the serious side of it. It is not funny and those police officers put themselves in danger to stop this person from harming any other people, they put themselves on the line, and you know what, they have families like most of you.

United States

#23 Sep 14, 2007
Avsgirl wrote:
You know, some of you people really are incosiderate. My father was one of the police officers that was on scene during this, and honestly it scares me to death. You never know what those people are thinking in those cars and what kind of weapons they have. Having my father as a cop I have been privilaged with the knowledge of the incident that is not reported on this website. I just wish you would all stop thinking how FUNNY the situation is and maybe look at the serious side of it. It is not funny and those police officers put themselves in danger to stop this person from harming any other people, they put themselves on the line, and you know what, they have families like most of you.
Ease up on the java there, I'm sure he's had worst to deal with than a couple of loser kids doing something dumb. It's Code 4, K.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Nov '16 Jinghal 381
Boulder County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... Oct '16 Ethan 2
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
More from around the web