Suspected identity theft ring bust

Suspected identity theft ring bust

There are 58 comments on the KUSA Denver story from May 22, 2007, titled Suspected identity theft ring bust. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Authorities announced Tuesday they have arrested six people suspected of orchestrating an identity theft ring across the metro area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Protect OUR Borders

United States

#1 May 22, 2007
Great News! Throw the book at them! To bad the death penalty is not currently an option for people who steal identities!!
What happened

Denver, CO

#2 May 22, 2007
Now what? It seems that no one wants to talk about some white folks being the ones involved in identity theft. What happened to all those critics of immigration? Why aren't you posting now that none of these idiots are imigrants. Hipocrites where you? The majority of Identity theft is happening because morons that are not imigrants are the number one source of the problem. Study your stats and then yell again. Be angry and conerned equally not just at one group. I have a feeling that would be too hard and contradicting to the true nature of those that oppose with such anger.

“Happy!!!!”

Since: Apr 07

Denver

#3 May 22, 2007
What happened wrote:
Now what? It seems that no one wants to talk about some white folks being the ones involved in identity theft. What happened to all those critics of immigration? Why aren't you posting now that none of these idiots are imigrants. Hipocrites where you? The majority of Identity theft is happening because morons that are not imigrants are the number one source of the problem. Study your stats and then yell again. Be angry and conerned equally not just at one group. I have a feeling that would be too hard and contradicting to the true nature of those that oppose with such anger.
I agree if these people whould have had Garcia, Ranirez, Martine as last names the haters would be here.
Karen

Englewood, CO

#4 May 22, 2007
Dang - these people all look like crystal-meth-using losers. Hey freaks - get a real job like the rest of us slobs - it'll give you something else to do with your time than be a druggie and steal from others.
Are You Kidding

Orange Park, FL

#5 May 22, 2007
The correct word is Illegal Alien, not immigrant. These thieves are in the same catagory...
TOC

Aurora, CO

#6 May 22, 2007
Appears to be a real high-class bunch there. Sterilization isn't a good idea huh?...
I Ron Nick

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 22, 2007
What happened wrote:
Now what? It seems that no one wants to talk about some white folks being the ones involved in identity theft. What happened to all those critics of immigration? Why aren't you posting now that none of these idiots are imigrants.
These US citizens are traitors to our country. They supply the fraudulent identities and illegals purchase them...yes, that's right... I'm calling you an idiot and I do primarily blame illegals because they are the ones that use this service. Not to mention the meth trafficing that comes from Mexico. Take the poverty and crime back to your own countries, because being here illegally is criminal.
What happened

Denver, CO

#8 May 22, 2007
Are You Kidding wrote:
The correct word is Illegal Alien, not immigrant. These thieves are in the same catagory...
At least you agree that these should be the same too bad they can't be deported too. This way they could see what it would be like to work to get what you need the legal way right? And you are right it's illegal immigrant.
What happened

Denver, CO

#9 May 22, 2007
I Ron Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
These US citizens are traitors to our country. They supply the fraudulent identities and illegals purchase them...yes, that's right... I'm calling you an idiot and I do primarily blame illegals because they are the ones that use this service. Not to mention the meth trafficing that comes from Mexico. Take the poverty and crime back to your own countries, because being here illegally is criminal.
Ron, why an idiot? 1st Meth is made nowhere better and most that USA as a matter of fact the number 2 user and produer of this is Montana. 2nd This group, if you can retain any information you read or even read, was using the ploy to procude money for themselves. I'm just saying. Calm down and get yourself in a proper state of mind.
TOC

Aurora, CO

#10 May 22, 2007
I Ron Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are under the impression that "Boerne" is an "American" name??... You don't think it was German immigrants that settled there?... This amazing country was built on immigration-- read a book or two... and then you can talk.
dani

Littleton, CO

#11 May 22, 2007
"Police say the suspects are also blamed for breaking into several vehicles in open garages in order to steal driver's licenses."

who keeps their drivers license in the car?
Pam

Denver, CO

#12 May 22, 2007
Do you notice that most of the identity theft cases where money has been taken from the victims the suspects are American citizens? Not illegal immigrants!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#13 May 22, 2007
What happened wrote:
I occasionally comment on ILLEGAL aliens and am committed to the idea that ALL of our laws should be enforced. I was the first person to comment on this story and call for the toughest punishment the law will allow, which looks like 100+ years for most of these scumbags. I would prefer the death penalty for all thieves but unfortunately our laws are far to lax for that. I hate for taxpayers to pay for these rodents to sit and rot in jail and would love to see the death penalty added as an option. "Steal someone elses life/identity we'll steal yours"

You asked ”What happened to all those critics of immigration?” Well again I’m right here. I’m a critic of ILLEGAL immigration and think all ILLEGALS should be deported. I also think that if we had serious consequences such as the death penalty for Identity Thieves and criminals in general who prosper by stealing from others the world would be a better place.
Keo

United States

#14 May 22, 2007
White on White crime... Tragic... I dont hear anyone saying ship these crackers back to England or wherever they came from!!LOL I love it when white people have to stick their foot in their mouths!!
smokey265

Louisville, CO

#15 May 22, 2007
Addicts come in all colors, from all walks of life. The issue here is addiction, not immigration. Most meth is not trafficked into the U.S., it's made right here. This fraud was done with the sole purpose of obtaining money to support an addiction, not because they are selling fake I.D.s to illegal aliens.

I was the victim of check fraud in December 2006 using a bank statement stolen from my mailbox. They printed fake checks with my bank routing information and passed them at merchants, buying and returning items for cash back or filling up their car for another drug run. Notice how expensive gas is? Well, it is to them as well and they don't want to use their drug money to buy gas. But I had to laugh when I saw that one of the checks they passed was to an office supply store where they purchased more blank check paper stock!

Now I no longer receive paper statements, I have a fraud alert with the credit bureaus, I check my bank balance almost daily, and I use cash whenever possible.

Live and learn... Peace...
none ya

United States

#16 May 22, 2007
Immigrants steal identities to live in the USA...these morons were doing it for meth money!! Big difference!!! Why does it have to be a racial thing?!?!
STUPID

Broomfield, CO

#17 May 22, 2007
I Ron Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Meth does not only come from Mexico it can from the person living right next to you they could have a meth lab in there house and you not even know it....

you can buy all the stuff you need to make meth in our groucery store and this story is to show you how ANYONE can do stupid things in life....... Its stupid pepole who don;t have a life that does stupid things in order to think they are better then everyone else and you think these 6 pepole are the only ones that have done this no cause there are others out there and I know cause I have seen idiots do that type of shit and yes they are too being investagated on all what they have done and its not fare to the hard working people that work everyday to get what they want out of life to be taken from them so why dont we focus on the real story here people and not the fact about imagrants this has nothing to do with it.

it has to do with the fact these 6 morons are losers and have to do fraud to get threw life and seehow easy it is that people are getting these things we are not to blame no one is but these morons so focus on the real story here......
Are You Kidding

Orange Park, FL

#18 May 22, 2007
Keo wrote:
White on White crime... Tragic... I dont hear anyone saying ship these crackers back to England or wherever they came from!!LOL I love it when white people have to stick their foot in their mouths!!
Hey Keo,

What do you suppose the percentage of identity theft crimes are betewen the illegals and the american citizens..maybe 90/10....yeah, I thought so too....
What happened

Denver, CO

#19 May 22, 2007
Protect OUR borders wrote:
<quoted text>
I occasionally comment on ILLEGAL aliens and am committed to the idea that ALL of our laws should be enforced. I was the first person to comment on this story and call for the toughest punishment the law will allow, which looks like 100+ years for most of these scumbags. I would prefer the death penalty for all thieves but unfortunately our laws are far to lax for that. I hate for taxpayers to pay for these rodents to sit and rot in jail and would love to see the death penalty added as an option. "Steal someone elses life/identity we'll steal yours"
You asked ”What happened to all those critics of immigration?” Well again I’m right here. I’m a critic of ILLEGAL immigration and think all ILLEGALS should be deported. I also think that if we had serious consequences such as the death penalty for Identity Thieves and criminals in general who prosper by stealing from others the world would be a better place.
Gee, Protect our borders, you are truly an extremist or not? I mean that is what I call the judgement call from a perfect human being. Look I am against it too but to say that thiefs should be killed well if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be. Extremism solves nothing expecially for the extremist. Be more passionate about what's right don't try to be too harsh because then no matter how much of a simple mistake(s) YOU make, then you give people no choice but to judge you harshly too.

Since: May 07

Denver, CO

#20 May 22, 2007
TOC wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are under the impression that "Boerne" is an "American" name??... You don't think it was German immigrants that settled there?... This amazing country was built on immigration-- read a book or two... and then you can talk.
I think YOU ought to read a book or two. The immigrants you are speaking of immigrated and settled here legally. Say it with me....LEGALLY. And the same Germans you want to compare to dirty filthy stinky mexicans fought against their own countries in battle to uphold our great country. So, before you start comparisons to the most disgusting race in the world, check yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Aug 17 Sheriff Wydell 365
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
More from around the web