9NEWS - Top News Article - Teen sente...

9NEWS - Top News Article - Teen sentenced in Lafayette woman's ...

There are 4 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 21, 2007, titled 9NEWS - Top News Article - Teen sentenced in Lafayette woman's .... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Jared Guy, 18, received a sentence of 6 months in jail with work release, 6 months of electronic home monitoring and 3 years of probation - a sentence which was sought by the prosecution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

tess is going to jail

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 21, 2007
Wow, sounds like they really want to nail Tess' hide to the wall and her boyfriend's right beside her!

Sending out a message about murder ...

... and not to excuse what they did at all, what IF there was real abuse going on and the Boulder county failed to prevent this needless tragedy all around!

Is Boulder hitting Tess and Bryan so hard because Boulder hugely messed up in the first place??
IMO

Englewood, CO

#2 Sep 21, 2007
6 Months for being involved with a murder????
tough call

Denver, CO

#3 Sep 21, 2007
Part of me wonders why Tess didn't stay at a shelter or go to a friend's for help? If her boyfriend was willing to help her kill her mother, why couldn't he have helped her plain get out?

At the same time I know how hard it is to think through what your options are when you're a 14-year-old in an abusive household. My situation was pretty bad and yet it never occurred to me to tell anyone or get help so I could get out - and it didn't help that I was minimizing the whole thing in my head and telling myself it wasn't that bad.

But then again, I didn't resort to killing my parents. Neither do many if not most kids that age in similar situations... so where do you draw the line?
tess is going to jail wrote:
Wow, sounds like they really want to nail Tess' hide to the wall and her boyfriend's right beside her!
Sending out a message about murder ...
... and not to excuse what they did at all, what IF there was real abuse going on and the Boulder county failed to prevent this needless tragedy all around!
Is Boulder hitting Tess and Bryan so hard because Boulder hugely messed up in the first place??
Steven

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 21, 2007
He looks like a girl.....Uh oh, guess what he is going to be in prison!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Aug 17 Sheriff Wydell 365
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
More from around the web