Repeat teen sex offender shuffled bet...

Repeat teen sex offender shuffled between Boulder schools

There are 16 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Repeat teen sex offender shuffled between Boulder schools. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A 14-year-old repeat sex offender who has been moved from school to school has allegedly struck again - and school administrators claim their hands are tied.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

KayNeice

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 18, 2009
i understand that they don't want anyone to know who the 14 year old sex offender is, however by allowing him to go to public schools they are putting more students at risk. They are basicly allowing this boy to sexually offend because they are not warning anyone. If students are registered sex offender they should not be allowed to attend public schools they should be home schooled so that other students are not put in harm.
InMyOwnWorld

Sioux Falls, SD

#3 Sep 19, 2009
OMG! Not once, not twice...four times now. Enough already! The schools/courts need to stop coddling this POS. He's proved he will do it again three times already. Lock his a$$ up and stop hand delivering him his victims. If it was my daughter, 14 or not, I would have taken care of him myself. Three hots and a cot for protecting my kid...I wouldn't think twice.
Faith from Ft Collins

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Sep 19, 2009
This is ridiculous. So what if this teen is underage. Parents and students have the right to know about sex offenders attending the same schools as their children and classmates. These "safety plans" are obviously not working hence the term repeat offender. If these privacy laws are going to remain in place teen sex offenders should not be allowed to attend public or private schools, they should be home schooled or better yet charged as adults and sentenced as adults that way these repeat offenders will not have the chance to become repeat offenders after the first sex crime is committed. The older this kid gets the worse the crimes will become. He will go from touching teen girls inappropriately to becoming a serial rapist or worse!
Lisa

United States

#6 Sep 19, 2009
Okay, Im not pro sex offender, especially those who are child molestars. But heres the thing, we dont know what he did wrong. Okay, touching teen girls wrongfully, thats bad. But hes a teen himself. He may have a learning disability that makes him not really read social cues or something.
And really? Make it public about his information? Do you remember how bad the kids at high school were? How brutal they can be? The kid would be killed, but I doubt any of you would care. "YAY FOR KILLING THE SEX OFFENDER". Stop and think, its a kid who probably cant read social cues and isnt too bright.
As for home schooling, in this ecomoy, could you afford to home school your child? Could you or your wife be able to survive financially for one of you to stay at home? There are additional financial pressures that are way more than you have to deal with or could imagine. They dont have a choice in sending him to public schools cause they cant afford anything else.
So before you go and blast the poor kid about stupid shit like home schooling, that he and his parents have probably wished for for a long while, or for how bad he is. Stop and think.
OverNout

Westcliffe, CO

#8 Sep 19, 2009
Lisa...Ok...I stopped to think....and I still agree with the above posts....ALL of them! He is not like a fine wine! He will NOT get better with age. If he is not capable of living in the "free" world,(and he has flunked "Freedom 101" X4, then lock him away. For everybody's safety.
raysmom2

Pueblo, CO

#9 Sep 19, 2009
The thing is, the kids all know he who he is- you can be sure of it. And the free Johnson Program in Jeffco is the perfect place for this kid- this is what they do. Whether he has a syndrome or not, the best thing for him and the other students is to get him in a program designed to help him- the parents should have seen to this- there is help out there, and the obvious denial by them and the willingness of Boulder Public Schools to enable them is doing more harm than good.
Mih Redrum

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2009
Lisa wrote:
Okay, Im not pro sex offender, especially those who are child molestars. But heres the thing, we dont know what he did wrong. Okay, touching teen girls wrongfully, thats bad. But hes a teen himself. He may have a learning disability that makes him not really read social cues or something.
And really? Make it public about his information? Do you remember how bad the kids at high school were? How brutal they can be? The kid would be killed, but I doubt any of you would care. "YAY FOR KILLING THE SEX OFFENDER". Stop and think, its a kid who probably cant read social cues and isnt too bright.
As for home schooling, in this ecomoy, could you afford to home school your child? Could you or your wife be able to survive financially for one of you to stay at home? There are additional financial pressures that are way more than you have to deal with or could imagine. They dont have a choice in sending him to public schools cause they cant afford anything else.
So before you go and blast the poor kid about stupid **** like home schooling, that he and his parents have probably wished for for a long while, or for how bad he is. Stop and think.
Speaking about "isn't too bright". Is anyone able to decipher this coded hogwash above and translate it to English. I'm eagerly awaiting a translation before I start my rant on how stupid America's population has become. And ma'am, please do us a favor, DO NOT pollute the gene pool. Thank you!
Jacksonian

Saint George, UT

#11 Sep 19, 2009
Lisa, you are a tool. Do you have children? Are you a liberal?(Not that all libs are this moronic.)
webo

Loveland, CO

#12 Sep 19, 2009
WTF is this kid doing in a school? These liberal idiots that run the schools, courts and social services think that they can "mainstream" anyone.

What is wrong with you people? Make the parents responsible to watch the kid during the day or put the kid in juvenile detention.

And I suppose it's Bush's fault.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#13 Sep 19, 2009
Boulder schools have failed their duty. Sex offenders have the absolutely highest rate of recidivism rate of all types of criminals, 90%. And the younger the first offence, the more likely they are to re-offend. The offenders have little ability to discern right from wrong, with extremely little chance of rehabilitation. Repeat offenders? Virtually no chance. Boulder failed.
DLP

United States

#14 Sep 20, 2009
Why in the first place a 14yr old boy is registered as a sex offender.Colorado has gone to far with there laws.Now this child's life is ruined at a young age be case some one cried wolf a lot.Colorado need to a reality check on there victim laws and start investigating there so call victims to see if they are realy telling the truth inocent people life are getting messed up because of mess like this.
alex lam

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Sep 20, 2009
this person went to my school it bothers me that he is just being switched to another school!!!
KayNeice

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 20, 2009
DLP wrote:
Why in the first place a 14yr old boy is registered as a sex offender.Colorado has gone to far with there laws.Now this child's life is ruined at a young age be case some one cried wolf a lot.Colorado need to a reality check on there victim laws and start investigating there so call victims to see if they are realy telling the truth inocent people life are getting messed up because of mess like this.
Honestly you are clueless. How many people do you know that have been raped? In that number how many actually went to court? In that number how many actually won? You are not from Colorado so do not judge or laws! We have a great system that will not put anyone under sex offender if they truely wasn't! I could understand if he just ran down the street naked and had to register, but he is actually assaulting females. So since he can't keep his hands and other body parts as well as his mouth to himself then he can be registered! This childs life was ruined because he wanted to sexual assault a female so whose fault is that other than his own? I do not pitty him for one bit! Honestly I am glad the young ladys who he assualted came forward. Not all dumb ass sex offenders get punished for what they did but when they do I Thank God that another idiot is off the street. would you rather have this so called child sexually assaulting females and not be registered or would you have it so that he could do what he wants with no consequences? He's not so innocent, Honey!
MarshBen

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#17 Sep 21, 2009
"the boy touched her innapropriately and made sexually suggestive comments."

That's a normal, healthy, sane young boy.
Over Opinionated

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 21, 2009
I could undeerstand that teens do things unknowingly but four time is too many. The first time is a mistake and anytime after that is deliberate and he obviously is not learning from his mistakes. Maybe he does have an illness or a sex adiction whatever, he needs help and don't need to be in school with other children.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#19 Sep 21, 2009
Can anyone tell me why, when I log onto the internet through Internet Explorer and I post comments, they do not show up on a computer that is logged onto the internet through Mozilla Firefox and is also posting comments on the KDVR Forum?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet grand juror: I've seen secret evidence Mar 26 Texxy 20
News Michelle Malkin: Forensic Nightmare - The Peril... Mar 25 Texxy 4
News Forensic nightmare: The perils of touch DNA Mar 25 Texxy 7
News Ramsey grand juror welcomes new DNA tests, disc... Mar '17 Texxy 1
News Case Against Karr Falls Apart (Aug '06) Dec '16 Shalizar 383
Boulder County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Ethan 2
News Boulder weather: High of 61 today with more str... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
More from around the web