Suspect in CU campus attack identified

Suspect in CU campus attack identified

There are 94 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Aug 27, 2007, titled Suspect in CU campus attack identified. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Details about the suspect in the attack of a University of Colorado-Boulder student are slowly emerging.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
slow-down-idiots

New York, NY

#1 Aug 27, 2007
wow -- crazy sh*t.
But not an illegal -- ahah for those who posted earlier - ur racism is blinding.

Sounds like he got off his meds. I think Sin or Kenton is heading back to the nut-house. More funds to mental health services - anyone?
THE HUMP

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 27, 2007
Nut case needs to be put away for good....Just think how many more just like him the state has released. Probably a democrat....
unreal

United States

#4 Aug 27, 2007
They didn't previously do background checks???? Un-friggin-believable. Way to go CU! And who is the mental health midget that let this guy out? I suspect nobody, including the perp (he's ill, remember) will be held responsible.
Buckster

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 27, 2007
What do you expect if you go to CU?
penny

Brighton, CO

#8 Aug 27, 2007
why is a back ground check not done on all c.u. employees. they are working with and around young adults
Flasher

AOL

#9 Aug 27, 2007
We will probably see more of this in the future. More money needs to be spent on mental health. And as far as criminal checks...how can anyone afford not to.
Harmoni

Littleton, CO

#10 Aug 27, 2007
"CU-Boulder Chancellor G.P. "Bud" Peterson announced on Monday that CU will now start doing criminal background checks on all employees - a practice they previously did not do. Peterson says had they known Astin's background, he would not have been hired."

It's about time -- but why in H___ were they not done before someone got hurt??? Hasn't anybody heard/seen the warning signs???
uhhhh

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 27, 2007
last time I checked "superficial" wounds did not require surgery! hope this kid get better fast, what a crappy 1st day of school!
Jeff R

Brighton, CO

#12 Aug 27, 2007
Be concerned for the victim, yes; but it's pointless to dwell on what could have been done to prevent this. Hindsight is for armchair quarterbacks and talking heads on television. There will always be crime. To make yourselves feel better, just hold a vigil and make even more rules against weapons on campus. No matter how thoroughly weapons are banned, there will still be nutcases out there who will do things like this. When's the last time you saw a criminal bent on destruction stop in his tracks at the sight of a "Weapons Free Zone" sign or policy, change his mind and turn around because of it?
Frustrated parent

Castle Rock, CO

#13 Aug 27, 2007
They don't do background checks? How much salary does Chancellor Peterson make per year? This is an absolute disgrace! Another case of the "peter" principle- promote the idiot because he has a PHD and pay him 90K a year, to meet his level of incompetance. Even most small businesses do background checks! Maybe someone should check on Peterson's background! I guess Colorado student residents will have another tuition hike to cover the expense of the background checks. Another case of no accountability!

Since: Jun 07

Missoula, MT

#14 Aug 27, 2007
why do people/corporations wait until something like this happens to change the rules? absolutely ridiculous and pathetic!!
figure it out

Boulder, CO

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Buckster wrote:
What do you expect if you go to CU?
If you dont go to CU you shouldn't say anything and the world doesn't need ignorant people running their mouth when something as tragic as this happens. CU is a great school and shouldn't be judged on those select indiviuals who decided to make bad choices.
Mike

Denver, CO

#16 Aug 27, 2007
You are right. CU should be judged by the stupid liberal losers that make bad choices.....
figure it out wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dont go to CU you shouldn't say anything and the world doesn't need ignorant people running their mouth when something as tragic as this happens. CU is a great school and shouldn't be judged on those select indiviuals who decided to make bad choices.
same thing again

Longmont, CO

#17 Aug 27, 2007
why do things like this happen. so dumb.
OfCourse

Denver, CO

#18 Aug 27, 2007
He worked at the Alfred Packer Grill? WTF?
Max

Denver, CO

#19 Aug 27, 2007
Ahhh...another attempted killing in the name of god. I love how the bible helps people find themselves.

How this Astin guy was allowed in public is beyond me. What the previous attempted murder charge wasn't sufficient?

Lets hope this incident leads him into a permanent care situation.

As for the victim.....is it just me or does he look 15? That was not the most flattering picture of him. The female paramedic is more buff than he is. He looks like screech from saved by the bell.
poster boy

Arvada, CO

#20 Aug 27, 2007
They searched the suspect's Jeep! He's driving? Now that is scary.
Trin Tragula

Fort Collins, CO

#21 Aug 27, 2007
poster boy wrote:
They searched the suspect's Jeep! He's driving? Now that is scary.
Not any more frightening than the other clods who drive in Colorado.
sarcasm

Denver, CO

#22 Aug 27, 2007
penny wrote:
why is a back ground check not done on all c.u. employees. they are working with and around young adults
YES! Protect the helpless young adults!
get over it skinny

AOL

#23 Aug 27, 2007
Max wrote:
As for the victim.....is it just me or does he look 15? That was not the most flattering picture of him. The female paramedic is more buff than he is. He looks like screech from saved by the bell.
That's what happens when you get old, everyone looks waaayyyy to young to be that age you remember.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... (Jun '15) Jun '15 three letters 1
News Crime spree: Arson, animal cruelty charges adde... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ThugKillah 1
Wed 10/2914 event at Millennium Harvest House (Oct '14) Oct '14 EvaKosinski 1
News T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 alienbhindu 1
News State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... (Jul '14) Aug '14 DNF 115
News CO Supreme Court orders Boulder County to stop ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 WeTheSheeple 25
News Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web