Show Me the Records: Crime statistics

Show Me the Records: Crime statistics

There are 1 comment on the Missourian story from Feb 1, 2011, titled Show Me the Records: Crime statistics. In it, Missourian reports that:

Each week, the Missourian shows a government record that is available to the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Missourian.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 2, 2011
Wow - we (city of Columbia) seem to be on an extended downward turn for crime - sort of contrary to national trends.

Violent crime is slightly down (except rape - what's up with that?)- but there are more property crimes and thefts reported. From what I'm seeing, we had 64 fewer total crimes in 2010 than we did in 2009 and 2 fewer crimes in 2010 than in 2008.

Sort of puts paid to the idea that Columbia is going to hell in a handcart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boone County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boone County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Records Oct '16 Chloe 2
News Southern Boone school administrator issues scat... (Jun '12) Jun '12 annoyed 1
News Boone County voters back Santorum in Republican... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Matt 1
jessica (petry) mulliens (Jul '09) Oct '09 KIM 2
boone county court cases (Aug '09) Aug '09 twister 1
News Erin Moriarty Blogs: Murder Dream Sent Young Ma... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Say what 1
News Mo. student's swine flu case, mainland China's ... (May '09) May '09 swine flu hits mi... 1
More from around the web