More tips from Dutch-born reader

More tips from Dutch-born reader

There are 2 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Sep 21, 2009, titled More tips from Dutch-born reader. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Last week's "Roots & Branches" column shared information from reader Niels Witkamp, who was born and raised in the Netherlands and now lives in Tyrone, Blair County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Rick Bender

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Sep 22, 2009
I probably should have sent this last week:

I used my father's recollections, some old postcards from Holland, the US census (to identify my girlhood grandmother's immigrant family in Michigan) and then Robert P. Swierenga's 1983 compilation, Dutch Emigrants to the United States, South Africa, South America, and Southeast Asia, 1835-1880, to find the (two) families' provinces and towns in Holland.

Now to see where Witkamp's sources lead.

Rick Bender
Albq NM
Niels Witkamp

Flinton, PA

#2 Jan 28, 2010
e-mail me at nwitkamp at hotmail dot com (trying to keep spammers away) and maybe I can help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blair County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent e martz egor Jun '16 martz friends 1
News Pennsylvania officer acquitted of assaulting re... Apr '16 A Yankee 2 2
News Prison Officials Looking To Drop The Soap (Jun '09) Feb '16 DILF 5
News Police: Woman left three kids home alone (Oct '14) Oct '14 Reshma Sheikh 2
News Group seeks changes to justice system (Jul '14) Jul '14 Former Resident 1
News Murderer petitions for early release (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jonah Fishbackwhale 1
News Former AASD coach pleads guilty (Dec '13) Dec '13 wasnt enough 1
More from around the web