Gunman kills woman at Pa. church, 2 m...

Gunman kills woman at Pa. church, 2 men elsewhere

There are 4 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Dec 22, 2012, titled Gunman kills woman at Pa. church, 2 men elsewhere. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

A man fatally shot a woman decorating for a children's Christmas party at a tiny church hall and killed two men elsewhere in a rural township on Friday before he was shot dead in a gunfight with state troopers.Three troopers in patrol cars were injured in a pursuit that began after the gunman, driving a pick-up truck, fired at them, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#1 Dec 22, 2012
This isn't "Offbeat", rather, "Off Putting".

In the last 20 yrs more Americans have died at the hands of other Americans armed with handguns than in all the wars the USA has fought.
Americans own half the world's handguns.

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of banning guns or arming everybody. I am a fan of Americans stopping gunning down Americans. Frankly, I don't have a real clue as to the best way to achieve that.
Needs to happen, though.

Booming Thunder

Since: Oct 12

Western * U*S*A*

#2 Dec 22, 2012
Where did you get your info?You better check again!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2012
We need to put God back in our churches!
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Booming Thunder wrote:
Where did you get your info?You better check again!
David Brooks, New York Times Columnist.
You're point is valid in that I've not researched these numbers myself, so I can only stand behind them kind of...
Though, will note that In the past, Brooks, a Republican, has been dutifully accurate and even handed with statements of this type.
But again, these are not the result of my research, and the way I phrased my post, implied otherwise.
In the future will be more clear with regard to what I know vs what I've read.
Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blair County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Creepy' clowns in Pa.: Stabbing investigated,a Oct '16 Circus Dawn 1
News 'Creepy' clowns in Pa.: Stabbing investigated,a Oct '16 The Purge Kernel ... 5
Vote for Hillary shes a crook Aug '16 Hillary is a crook 3
vincent e martz egor (Jun '16) Jun '16 martz friends 1
News Pennsylvania officer acquitted of assaulting re... (Apr '16) Apr '16 A Yankee 2 1
News Prison Officials Looking To Drop The Soap (Jun '09) Feb '16 DILF 5
News Police: Woman left three kids home alone (Oct '14) Oct '14 Reshma Sheikh 2
More from around the web