Texting 911 Becoming a Reality in Iow...

Texting 911 Becoming a Reality in Iowa County

There are 1 comment on the Government Technology story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Texting 911 Becoming a Reality in Iowa County. In it, Government Technology reports that:

The speech and hearing impaired in Black Hawk County, Iowa, will soon have the ability communicate via text message with a 911 operator during an emergency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Government Technology.

CPRteacher

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Aug 7, 2009
As a CPR and First Aid insructor, I have been waiting for this technological update for quite some time. I can think of so many instances when someone may be able to text 911 instead af calling! A great example is if you are choking and are unable, to cough, speak or breath! If you are not near a land line to call 911, what better way to get some help coming your way? I will be happy to know that at least one person can be saved/helped with this new developement. That one life will be worth all the money spent on this new way of reaching a 911 operator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hawk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting help from social services (Mar '15) Mar '15 loverivers 1
News Plane Out Of Longmont Lands On Iowa Road In Eme... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jon Beacham 1
News Inmate Serving Life Sentence for Murder Dies in... (Sep '12) Jan '13 Drcrypto 4
News Hunters find bodies believed to be Iowa cousins (Dec '12) Dec '12 wondering about 1
News Paddle Boater Wanted for Questioning in Missing... (Jul '12) Nov '12 Ray 2
News Lake, landfill searched for missing Iowa cousins (Jul '12) Jul '12 Whatever 12
News Man Convicted in Fatal, Anti-Gay Baseball Bat B... (Apr '12) Apr '12 snyper 32
More from around the web