Black Hawk County OWI case is pending...

Black Hawk County OWI case is pending; judge is still working

There are 1 comment on the Http story from Dec 19, 2010, titled Black Hawk County OWI case is pending; judge is still working. In it, Http reports that:

Daniel Block, a Black Hawk County judge who faces a drunken driving charge, is expected to remain on the job at least until his case is resolved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

Attorney Anderson

Des Moines, IA

#1 Dec 19, 2010
I no longer practice in Black Hawk County, having moved to Des Moines. However, I did practice for over three years in Waterloo and was in Judge Block's court many times. I've practiced for over 26 years, most of that time in California; approx. 6 years in Rhode Island and 4 in Iowa. I've been in hundreds of courts. There are not many judges in my experience that have a better disposition towards everyone in his court, treating all--all the time--with dignity, respect and consideration. I hope the outcome of this difficult time for Judge Block is that he is allowed to continue serving as a judge, if not in the juvenile division, then another part of the court system. It would be a big loss for Black Hawk County for his one mistake of this nature to result in his removal from office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hawk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting help from social services Mar '15 loverivers 1
News Plane Out Of Longmont Lands On Iowa Road In Eme... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jon Beacham 1
News Inmate Serving Life Sentence for Murder Dies in... (Sep '12) Jan '13 Drcrypto 4
News Hunters find bodies believed to be Iowa cousins (Dec '12) Dec '12 wondering about 1
News Paddle Boater Wanted for Questioning in Missing... (Jul '12) Nov '12 Ray 2
News Lake, landfill searched for missing Iowa cousins (Jul '12) Jul '12 Whatever 12
News Man Convicted in Fatal, Anti-Gay Baseball Bat B... (Apr '12) Apr '12 snyper 32
More from around the web