Ganging up on violence in Waterloo

Ganging up on violence in Waterloo

There are 6 comments on the KWWL-TV Waterloo story from Aug 3, 2008, titled Ganging up on violence in Waterloo. In it, KWWL-TV Waterloo reports that:

The recent violence in Waterloo has reached a boiling point for many residents. On Thursday, city leaders and community members met at city hall to come up with solutions on how to take back their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWWL-TV Waterloo.

jerry

Kansas City, MO

#1 Aug 5, 2008
start shooting at them and see how they like it. start up the old chain gangs and teach them some respect for law and order
jerry

Kansas City, MO

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Maybe we should put them into the military. Basic training would teach them respect. Maybe they would come out as better people. There is no reason anyone should be in a so called gang and act like they do. We have to get tough on them and show them we mean business. Its time ti stop fooling around with them.
Twan

Cedar Falls, IA

#3 Oct 17, 2008
As and ex gang member I believe you are looking at this issue in a way you do not understand. It not about the gang its about the respect, to get respect you have to give it. Try understanding that everyone do not have the same up comeing so for many its a way to servie. Try listening to what some have to say and you just may learn something about how lives are differant.
Jerry

Kansas City, MO

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Bulls#### I grew up with caring parents and not much else. We were not on charity and my dad loooked down his nose on those that were. Charityback then was called county relief. In my small town the local barber was the county relief decision maker. No money changed hands he would help with food, which he ordered for you, paid your light bill, ordered fuel in the winter. We did not form gangs and create hell and have robberies. We got jobs mowing lawns, pumping gas and anything else we could do to earn money. I sid earn money. People should quit feeling sorry for themselves and ger off thier as### and live right.
Jerry

Kansas City, MO

#5 Oct 18, 2008
Bulls#### I grew up with caring parents and not much else. We were not on charity and my dad loooked down his nose on those that were. Charityback then was called county relief. In my small town the local barber was the county relief decision maker. No money changed hands he would help with food, which he ordered for you, paid your light bill, ordered fuel in the winter. We did not form gangs and create hell and have robberies. We got jobs mowing lawns, pumping gas and anything else we could do to earn money. I sa
id earn money. People should quit feeling sorry for themselves and ger off thier as### and live right.
just notice

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Oct 23, 2008
Pray for those who are not happy, that will help. Love the one that is unloveable, that is a challange. To love the loveable is easy. To change the changeable is expected. To alter the life on a path of self destruction is an act of GOD. Let God do his work. If we are really good and listen he might even let us help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hawk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting help from social services (Mar '15) Mar '15 loverivers 1
News Plane Out Of Longmont Lands On Iowa Road In Eme... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jon Beacham 1
News Inmate Serving Life Sentence for Murder Dies in... (Sep '12) Jan '13 Drcrypto 4
News Hunters find bodies believed to be Iowa cousins (Dec '12) Dec '12 wondering about 1
News Paddle Boater Wanted for Questioning in Missing... (Jul '12) Nov '12 Ray 2
News Lake, landfill searched for missing Iowa cousins (Jul '12) Jul '12 Whatever 12
News Man Convicted in Fatal, Anti-Gay Baseball Bat B... (Apr '12) Apr '12 snyper 32
More from around the web